• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:15:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

PSX / PSP Version confusion

Started by gjay, August 21, 2016, 07:33:58 am

gjay

I wonder how these two compare?

1) PS1-version + retranslation-patch + 1.3 difficulty-patch

2) PSP-version + slowdown-fix-patch + 1.3.1.3 beta 5-patch

Does the PSP-version still offer any advantages in this case?
The new gameplay-content like new jobs/classes have been added to the PS1-version with the 1.3-patch, i think.

So the only advantage the PSP-version has are widescreen-support (a wider FOV and not just stretched to 16:9) and some cutscenes?

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

gjay

My question is not about the 1.3 mod specifically, it's about how the two versions of the game compare today.

Jumza

And Elric's reference to the rules was about that mod specifically 8D Please go read the rule regarding that mod.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

gjay

I did, so what's that got to do with my question? ;)

gjay

If you insist not to mension that mod, let me ask another way:

Is there anything you miss when you play the PS1-version, that you can't get with any mod, aside from cutscenes/multiplayer/wider FOV?

Nyzer

August 23, 2016, 04:28:04 pm #6 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:28:43 pm by nyzer
Dark and Onion Knight as GENERIC Jobs, expanded party roster, the (crudely) increased number of items for all the multiplayer stuff.

Whether that plus the rest is important enough to make up for not being able to mod the PSP version as deeply is up to you.

But yeah, 1.3 isn't available or supported here - we can't really tell you what differences may or may not be there between their PSX & PSP versions. We aren't the ones who'd know.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ashiel

Having read the link Elric posted, there feels a hint of hostility involved with that patch. I'm not really up on the social scene of FFHacktics, so is there a a reason that discussing that mod is so frowned upon, or was it just that people kept asking mechanical questions about that mod incessantly?  :?

Nyzer

August 23, 2016, 09:28:03 pm #8 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:35:38 pm by nyzer
Even now, there are still people coming in to ask about 1.3, even though it was removed from the site quite some time ago at the request of the guy behind ID. I mean, there's a forum for 1.3 at its own website, but people still come here to ask about it, which is... odd. And yeah, it can get annoying. If people went to the PSX FFT board to ask questions about FFT Advance - repeatedly - over several years, you'd probably see an annoyed rule about posting those questions to the right place too.

QuoteThese things seriously get old, and it's very annoying to repeat ourselves over and over again.

There's been user overlap between the two sites, of course, but this simply isn't the place to come ask questions about 1.3 if you want accurate answers. If you want to know about 1.3, you should be asking on the 1.3 forums. Which do exist.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

Long story short, the creator of the mod used to be so proud to call his difficulty mod a community mod here on FFHacktics... he publicly harassed one of our members so much that ~8 of our members personally PMed me to tell me to do something about it. I gave him a one week ban to which he retaliated with "let's lie out of my ass about the situation to everyone to lure them to my new website and try to delete as many forum posts as I can from FFHacktics", so, obviously, it had to become a permanent ban. Today the mod is hosted elsewhere, and it's gotten so much worse than it ever was. Most of the members here are not very familiar with the mod, especially the newer versions, as it is not hosted here anymore. The author also removed all previously existing credits from users here on FFH, and insists that he and only he made the mod.

So yeah:

• People won't get support here, as it is hosted and developed somewhere else now

• It's a relic of the past

• It just really sucks now (that is even disregarding my hate towards difficulty mods; the best version [by like, everyone's opinion] was released few months before the whole thing happened)

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful