• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

Kagebunji

This looks nice, but still I imagine male version exactly as female one just without a fur and in other angle, could you try it?

And thanks a lot for Female one, she looks fantastic! Is she 16 colors btw?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilvasRuin

I have to agree, I'd prefer the male being an edit of the female.  For one thing, the different styles are fairly easy to notice.  The difference is a bit too jarring.

mav

Alright--it may take me some time to get to it, but I think I can get the male Moogle portrait the way you want it.

jimmyjw88

Yup, she's 16. Sweet 16 ^^
Maybe lesser.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

She's actually 14...sweet 14? Are Moogle's noses supposed to be red or black? We could easily change it...

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

I always thought they were red, but I thought I saw someone mention it in another topic on this forum, so I figured I'd mention it here too. I've gotten the male Moogle portrait completed (essentially). All it needs is some tweaking and it should be done. I've also included an alternate palette, since I got kinda bored...

Cheetah

Basic idea looks good, might have a bit of pillow shading. I think you are mixing up your light source on his body compared to his head. The light is looking like it is upper left, putting the shadow on his left side, but on his chest his left side is the lighter side. Try giving him a shirt just for variety like in that one preview.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Yeah, I think his left hand could use some more shadows. His right chest, near his hand should be lighter.

mav

Good suggestions guys, lemme know if I'm on the right track:

Cheetah

Yep much better, is right arm looks a bit odd but I don't know what to do about it.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

Add back some of the line you removed when you were adjusting the shading and see if that makes the arm look right again.

Cheetah

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Add back some of the line you removed when you were adjusting the shading and see if that makes the arm look right again.

I'm not sure that is the problem. I think the right arm looked just as odd as it does now.
Current Projects:

mav

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to fix the arm--on the original image this is based off of, there's a line that separates the arm from the chest (which I had earlier, as Silvas pointed out). I could add it back, but the shading looked awkward last time, so I'd have to fix that. Right now I tried to clean up the shading around the chest, chin, and right arm--let me know if this is in the right or wrong direction.

jimmyjw88

His arm is bit pointy in the previous one but the latest is fixed. If you want to separate the arm and the chest, you could add some shadings there using second light shade.

mav

Good idea, Jimmy; I'll do that before the next upload. I do have a question though: should his right arm be darker? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to shade him properly...

Oh and Kage, post the sprite already! I wanna see this thing so bad...

jimmyjw88

I think his arm is right as it is.

mav

So the arms doesn't need to be reshaded? Well in that case:

jimmyjw88

Well, now I noticed there's a blob of dark shades between his right arm and face. Maybe reduce that? Also, maybe add another pixel or two of second light shade on his arm there (the separation line).