• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:52:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Diablo 2 Playthrough Anyone?

Started by Eternal248, June 04, 2012, 09:45:23 pm

Zareb

I'm definitely up for this.  I enjoy making support characters, so I may roll a Conviction-based Paladin (only if we actually manage to stick with the playthrough and beat Normal difficulty).

I really can play anything, so in the end, just tell me what you guys need and I'll roll it.  I personally feel that the party could do without Amazons, but that's just my opinion.  A Necromancer would be nice for curses; Barbarian for shouts and a Sorceress for pure damage.  Of course, Paladins are always good, no matter the party.  As for Assassins and Druids, well... they don't offer anything that other classes can (an exception are Trapper Assassins, just for the pure DPS and survivability).
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

efrate

Druids offer oak sage, and to a lesser extent vines, and windys are beastly without a ton of gear, especially with an amp damage nec, which our summoner should be doing.  Javazons are amazing boss killers and great versus all non-lit immunes and if running conviction.  They outdamage everything not light/pure blizzard sorc.  And poison dagger necs, but poision res is so prevalent and not effected by conviction. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

st4rw4k3r

I'll play an item gathering barbarian

Celdia

I could swear I posted in this last night while I was at work.

Anyways. I run Sorceress when I play. If you need another when you're going to run, just drop me a PM on IRC. If I'm around, I'll join up.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

efrate

Also, I mentioned this in IRC but anyone who isn't playing, either cause we are full or just cause, feel free to join us on Skype and chat along for the LP, immortalize yourself forever on the interwebz.

Also after whatever LP section is done, if you wish to play and weren't in the 8 provided I have the time i will gladly play and chat after it's all done, help to get you up to speed, whatever. 

Also et, maybe update the first post to show who all we got and what we are playing as?  Just a thought.

Dol

I'll go with Amazon since no one else wants it and supposedly its a novice-friendly class  :mrgreen:

Kihaku_FTW

Well, I'm up for this yet I'm still unsure what class I'll play.

I usually go for Druid, but yeah..I go for Druid waaaay too often, only if you guys really need it or we don't need anything else.
Insert Comedic Signature Here

efrate

play whatever Kihaku.  I would like one of each class but if it doesn't happen it doesn't.  I am gunning for trapsin but if anyone else wants to be a sin I'll fill whatever. 

st4rw4k3r

I'll play a Wind Druid or a Whirlwind assassin.
As to fill in the blanks we have

Eternal

The playthrough will begin tomorrow at 7 PM EST!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

st4rw4k3r

Can't do it then
I have a birthday to go to at that hour

Zareb

BBQ was canceled, it seems, so I'll be around as a backup.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Eternal

The game will start at 7 PM EST tonight. Be sure to post your Skype name or join us on IRC tonight before we start. I think Koko will be hosting the game and recording.

So our current lineup for tonight:

1) Eternal
2) Efrate
3) DarkxFatal
4) Kokojo
5) Dol
6) Elric
7) Xifanie
8) Zareb

Alternates:

1) Otter
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Xifanie

I'm out; this need a new host and my spot has been freed.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Alaris

I'm curious.  3 Days later... did it ever happen?

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Eternal

Yep! We're playing again this weekend. :D

Joseph Strife

Any preview of when the frist episode will be out for us to watch?
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Eternal

We only were able to record a bit of it because it caused Koko to lag badly. :(

Joseph Strife

:(

Try having another one record it.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

efrate

Next day is tomorrow 7pm-10est-ish unless people say otherwise.  If anyone wants to get in on it, hit me up on IRC if you got time tonight and I will get you up to speed on an alt.  We have multiple spots, feel free to play whatever.  I can play anytime after 1am EST and before about 1030est.  Feel free to join up!

diablo 2 1.13c with plugY mod is needed, as well as hamachi. 

Everyone else, see you tomorrow!