• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

ffta707

Glad to see you are carrying that out Jon. I'd like to see what you can make of it. (I love guns in this game)

Argy

I love guns as well! I used some of the empty slits on my WoTL iso to make more guns. I used Vincent's guns from FFVII. So there is nothing cooler than running around with a Death Penalty. I really like your idea about forcing 2 hands etc. I have also played with the range as well. Short barrell has a small range but has an AoE, like a shotgun.  If you get it finished, would it be great if you released you ppf. I love playing with item palettes of the guns as well!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Jon

I dont know how to make a ppf, but I could just simply post the fftactext and fftpatcher file...its not even close to finished yet though, I am still making guns...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

BTW, I made guns two hands once, or maybe they worked with double sword, I can't remember, but it is very powerful.

Jon

2 guns works, its very nice to shoot twice at a distance. The only way to make Mustadio cool is with 2 guns.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Croix

Hey Jon. I've been working on a custom class of my own. If you want I can give you what I have worked on so far... (it replaces Bard) and you can use it in you're patch...

ffta707

Quote from: "Croix"Hey Jon. I've been working on a custom class of my own. If you want I can give you what I have worked on so far... (it replaces Bard) and you can use it in you're patch...

Me and Jon have been working together on this patch. It is going to be bigger now, and with some gun battles and tournaments. I'm working on the jobs currently, so send it to me and me and Jon will work on it. Is it the clown job?

You Can expect to see it in the patch. We need these ideas. :)

P.S. You'll be in the credits! lol

Croix

another idea,

Outlaw, uses two guns, steals equipment, high jump and high move, low def, possibly some talk skills....

fluke84

Wasn't sure I should create a thread after reading the stickys. ANYWAY!

Just finished ch.1 of my personal patch and I'm considering posting a demo for balancing help and suggestions/comments. What I've tried to do is inject the classes, enemies, and items from FF1 into the tactics world (I'm sure it's been done to death but if not YAY!). Not a huge task if you really think about it, I haven't done any editing outside of patcher and tactext mainly because I know what my limits are... maybe in the future. Just concentrating on the groundwork for now.

Quick Overview of Edits
- new classes (total of 10 generics and edited Ramza job, removed some jobs that didn't fit)
- all weapons/armors edited, modified, new effects & attributes
- removed chemist items completely (if I get into ASM might consider giving innate ITEM to all)
- all monsters in battles have been given ???? status and have modified HPG/HPM (so they don't get TOO powerful)
- spells renamed to FF1 version if there is one (ie. LIT2, BLND, CUR2)
- minimum 2 skills per physical class (added these so the Fighter or Blackbelt would have something other than attack)

If this idea has been done to death (FF1 Tactics) please tell me now, I have a second concept ready to go but this one won the coin toss.
I'm back...

Archael

the sticky topic's warnings really only apply to full storyline hacks that propose to change the entire storyline and add in 4 chapters of events

if all you're doing is a gameplay modification (like 1.3) you have a lot less on your plate and it's alot easier to manage your time to finish that

philsov

Quote- removed chemist items completely (if I get into ASM might consider giving innate ITEM to all)

Afiak, the Item Innate All hack works fine.  Of course, this being a FF1 throwback the pool of items will be halved.  Potions for the entire game!  Whee.

If you're going for mega throwback you can rummage through the game with the attack.out editor and make all the fights consist of only 4 units instead of 5 :)  

imo focus on the patcher stuff, but its worth compensating for in the entd

Quotetotal of 10 generics

12? >_>

Also, how are you managing the classes?  Making the first 6 initially available, and after a significant JP investment the update becomes available?  Like job level 8 thief -> ninja, and you can redefine level 8 to be 9000 JP or somesuch?  Is Ramza going to be a Hero type unit with all the generics being his 4 warriors of light, or is Ramza going to be one of them?

*wipes up his drool*
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

fluke84

Quote from: "philsov"If you're going for mega throwback you can rummage through the game with the attack.out editor and make all the fights consist of only 4 units instead of 5 :)

great minds think alike! it's already in the planning, but yeah... it's gonna take a bit to do so it's last on the list.

Quote from: "philsov"Also, how are you managing the classes?

I haven't decided quite yet how to manage it. I dropped red wizard and grand master due to redundancy issues so that leaves two classes with no upgrade path. I'm looking at either using a two tree method with fighter and red mage bases, but this doesn't really hold true to the concept. The other option is to just make the two non-upgraders a little more unique than the other classes and go with the lv.8/9999jp upgrade route for each individual class.

I've renamed ramza's job to hero of light to infer him as the leader of the group of warriors. Trying to work out a group of skills based around the elemental orbs on paper now, but this was more of an afterthought so I'm sidelining it till the rest of the patch is done.
I'm back...

philsov

Escape From Murond Death City:

A rather small patch, detailing Ramza and Co. as they go from the exploding-to-safety airship and somehow out of that damned place.  You start with a full roster and as the fights progress all the characters except Ramza and Alma die horribly at the hands of some demonic force that is chasing them.  It'll probably be like 6ish total fights long, as most of the special characters fall into 4 or 5 total categories

Most of the enemies will be rehashed bosses, though now grouped up and rebalanced.  

I'm still torn about including slain semi-friendlies in fights though... like Izlude popping in to help in a fight with Vormav/Hashy or Miluda entering and giving you a hand with Weigraf for one final time.

Melancthon

phil I love that idea.  When you say full roster, I assume you mean all of the special characters.  Since this would take place post-game, how would you handle JP/Abilities?  I'm thinking you could have all the units with all jobs unlocked and a large JP pool to spend buying their abilities rather than starting with every job mastered just for the sake of fun  The size of the initial JP pool would go a long way in dictating overall difficulty too.  

I don't know about Izlude, but having the Shade of Miluda appear to fight with you against Wiggy would be epic.  The scene before you fight where she appears and calls him out for abandoning their ideals could be wonderful.

And the death scenes!  Mustadio and Boco devoured together!  What if Rafa dies at the end of one battle and Malak is not pure enough to revive her with the zodiac stone, and the resulting sorrow and rage turn him into a Zodiac Monster, leading right into the next battle?  There's just so much cool stuff you can do with this.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Kill_Bones

Quote from: "philsov"I'm still torn about including slain semi-friendlies in fights though... like Izlude popping in to help in a fight with Vormav/Hashy or Miluda entering and giving you a hand with Weigraf for one final time.
I'd do it. Just my opinion though. If the enemies are 'alive' in murond, why can't dead allies be? I would love to see this. Would it be a standalone patch or would you encounter these fights after the Altima battle?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

philsov

QuoteI assume you mean all of the special characters.

Yup.  Means a total of 17 if you include alma, but that's what guest slots are for.  

Teams would be:
1 - Agrias, Orlandu, Meliadoul
2 - Rafa + Malak
3 - Beowulf + Reis + Mustadio + Cloud
4 - Rad, Lavian, Alicia
5 - Boco, Byblos, Worker 8

or something similar

Quotehow would you handle JP/Abilities?

Given how difficult Ramza is to edit it'll probably be easiest to bundle a save file with the patch and have all the units/inventory edited in as desired.  Ramza and Alma will probably be 9999'd all over the place, while everyone else is more restricted.

QuoteThere's just so much cool stuff you can do with this.

Indeed.  That Rafalak idea is a very cool one -- imma steal it.  

Perhaps a more proper name would be FFT: Final Destination...

QuoteWould it be a standalone patch or would you encounter these fights after the Altima battle?

Standalone.  This frees up space as needed, but also smoothes out bumps like "well, I booted Malak...."

There's still a few things I need to look into, like how to remove people from the roster.  But in general I should be able to copy-paste the instructions from the Orbonne Home Stretch to just go with battle after battle with save points.  But like Asmo said, start small, and this seems like a fun little project.

Pride

And I love the idea and for an initial help to start and to prevent you from looking {7A}(rxx00) is used to remove units with xx being the sprite number of the unit being removed. Such as {7A}(r0C00) would remove the unit with the princess sprite, aka Ovelia.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

philsov

And I include that in the event instructions, correct?

and thank you!

Pride

Yes you do, I should have been more specific on where its suppose to be put =P
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?