• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:51:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Quick question about adding sprites

Started by LancerKain, June 17, 2010, 11:58:55 am

LancerKain

In case no one can tell, I'm totally a newb here.

But I was wondering, can you change a sprite for jobs? like instead of changing a characters sprite, change it so if squire x, changes jobs to a ninja, it becomes sprite y.
In this particular instance, My thought is that I would like to add Old Snake in as a ninja to my party, but not sure how that all works, and if it causes issues with the battle animations etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated on this.

GeneralStrife

It's gonna make every ninja look like old snake, but yeah. download the shishi sprite editor and flip through all the sprites, all the generic jobs are together closer to the end then others

LancerKain

TYVM GeneralStrife. So there are no problems that causes with battle animations etc?

Edit: Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do then? Like make charecter x always have the same sprite i assign it, possibly a dumb example, but Ramza is always Ramza, no matter what job he is.

GeneralStrife

No, each character is assigned a sprite number in the ENTD in the  FFTpatcher, you'd have to manually assign it there, and i dont think that works with generics in your party. you can just change the jobs sprite

LancerKain

jimmyjw88

Only special characters will stay the same, not generics.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.