• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Changing the intro text.

Started by Rufio, September 21, 2014, 08:15:54 am

Rufio

September 21, 2014, 08:15:54 am Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:49:00 am by Rufio
So I've been trying this most of the day and have failed.  I've gone over every document on the subject i could find but I am apparently incapable of completing this task.

I would, however, like to thank Elric and Xifanie for being patient and trying to help me figure it out, but this is apparently the one task that is beyond me.

If anyone has this process nailed down and would like to throw me a bone, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have the text written out but apparently every font I have looks absolutely horrible at size 8-10.  I'm not asking for anything fancy, just that the text be displayed and be readable.

Edit: so I figured it out and update the Wiki to include the information i was missing and some explanations.  If any of it is confusing let me know and I will do my best to explain better.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Jumza

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8865.msg174797#msg174797
It seems like you may have already found this and just can't find the right font, but I'll post it just in case.

You could try spacing out the text a little more, you could try and make it bold so it's more readable, make sure it's white, etc...
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Choto

QuoteThanks in advance.

*sigh... Rufio you sure are new around here...

The correct terminology is "Thanks advance".

</insidejoke>

Rufio

September 21, 2014, 11:40:20 am #3 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:06:06 pm by Rufio
Quote from: Jumza on September 21, 2014, 08:57:22 am
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8865.msg174797#msg174797
It seems like you may have already found this and just can't find the right font, but I'll post it just in case.

You could try spacing out the text a little more, you could try and make it bold so it's more readable, make sure it's white, etc...

That tutorial doesn't actually explain how to change the dimensions of each line and how many lines appear per "page".  It just tells you how to change to text to text with similar length.  The wiki has the hex string and how to edit it, but when i input my changes at the offset listed, no text displays at all.

And yeah, font is an issue, but right now i'd be happy just getting what i wrote to appear on the pages i want them to.

Quote from: Choto on September 21, 2014, 11:04:21 am
*sigh... Rufio you sure are new around here...

The correct terminology is "Thanks advance".

</insidejoke>

I never got into Thanks Advance.  Seemed too gimicky to me.  Big fan of Thanks, though.

Edit: Figured it out.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.