• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:56 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Asmo X

Definitely play it then. You will kill so many of the bastards you couldn't possibly be scared of them afterwards.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Asmo X"Definitely play it then. You will kill so many of the bastards you couldn't possibly be scared of them afterwards.

Kill_Bones

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"I never did beat that game... the gameplay was rather unique.  I'm not sure why I stopped.  I was getting close to the end.
I've never been in that fight, but did you try spamming some healing items with the white dragoon?  Surely that would heal more than 500...
Miranda has naturally low hp, so she would get obliterated (especially when I've never used her or Meru) As for the healing items, I have a shitload of healing fog (100% recovers) But the final fight is 4 fights long with no breaks, so I run out around part 3, and magespam my way to 4 where I get screwed over. I'm thinking about loading my game right before the point of no return just so I can do some sidequests for exp...

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Kourama

recently beat Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. Looking for something new to play

skiploom188

Just finished playing FFT 1.3 easytype. Now I'm playing vanilla and doing Archer SCC
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

StarScythe

just finished fable III and force unleashed 2. waiting no for gamefly to deliver reach.

Eternal

Was Fable III ridiculously short like Fable II?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kill_Bones

Is SWTFU2 as good as 1?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

StarScythe

FABLE III:

PRO: It looked great
The battle system was simple and intuitive
The story was very well done, with a much better plot than in Fable II

CON: It's short as hell if you dont devote significant time to side quests
Its difficulty is comparable to vanilla tactics: other than a few spots your not likely to even get knocked out
I hated the weapons, especially the augment system

OVERALL: Fable III is definitely worth playing, but I'm not going to buy it. The creators wanted to make a game that had a lot of xbox live focus, but the live aspect of the game really sucks, and the single player takes a hit cause of it. 7/10 score in my book.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED 2

PRO: This game is visual crack. Looks amazing
Gameplay is simplified so you can focus your attention on massive destruction
Had just the right amount of "epic" sequences

CON: Again, too damn easy
too damn short (were talking like four hours on hard)
For anyone whos not already a star wars fan the storyline will be a bit confusing.

OVERALL: Not as good as the first. On the other hand, if you dont really care about the story, and just want a game where you can be a baddass jedi that tears through everything in their path, you'll love it. 6.5/10

R-Alalia

Right now i am going to play the song of Eminem and the song is Mocking Bird...;)

Zuka

Sims 3, I know it sounds stupid guys, but sims THREE is a completely different game from the first two, if you haven't tried it I highly recomend you give it a go, the new system for traits instead of astrological signs is a god send, and the new aspirations system is a system by which your sims get wishes and you can either deny or fullfill them for rewards point to spend on added bonuses like a robotic buddy or a teleporter. I'm telling you guys Sims 3 is a whole new ball-field and adds a real element of RPG to the series. Doubly so for  the world adventures and night life expansions.

Vanya

What system are you playing it on? I recently saw it came out on Wii and I'm wondering if it is different from any other releases.

Right now I'm playing Twilight Princess again so that I can maybe beat it before Skyward Sword comes out.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kourama

playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Zuka

Quote from: "Vanya"What system are you playing it on? I recently saw it came out on Wii and I'm wondering if it is different from any other releases.

I'm playing it on PC, from my experience any platform version is intensely nerfed, the real fun is finding out about bizarre things you've never heard of doing, and platform versions are just so much more limited along those lines. Twilight princess was awesome though, I really should get around to finishing that game.

Eternal

Final Fantasy: Four Heroes of Light

All I have to say is... wow. They really manage to capture the retro feel of the old NES FF's here. You have limited inventory, you need a torch for certain dungeons, random battles are (fairly) hard... it's basically a re-envisioning of FF1. Heck, there are even four archdemons and Mount Gulg.

As far as the story is concerned, it's almost a perfect parallel to FF1, except that the four heroes don't always stick together, and you switch perspectives quite often during the first half of the game. The second half of the game is very much like FFVIII after the Lunar Cry- stronger monsters on the World Map. Also, enemies -seem- to level with you, but some end-job abilities are so broken (Lux and Magic Might, for example) that it won't matter.

That said, some segments where you have to solo with a character can be tremendously annoying since damage is so low during those times. Elsewise, it's an amazing and fairly challenging game, and the little references to FF1 are nice.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zozma

Quote from: "Jon"I like Jaffar, but I don't like his stat gains because he is an "already promoted" unit. Is it possible to fix that up a bit? It would be so awesome to somehow change the "Tactician" into a (possibly faceless or used portriat) unit, like a level 1 Mercenary or something. I mean for real, in real life I would never, ever hide behind Lyn who is a girl, I would feel more like c'mon lets kick ass together. Zozma, are you hacking or game sharking? Is it possible to make the Tactician (you the player) a unit? This would make me play the entire game again :D

lol banned? anyway, yeah you can do all that stuff, its not gameshark its a program
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Amici

I'm currently playing Little King's Story

I don't have a Wii, but the recent improvement in Dolphin has pushed me to try it out, and boy was I surprised. A lot of games work fantastically, and the best of the bunch has been LKS. It's charm is only superceded by the over-arching plot and themes of world domination. And plus, since it doesn't really need motion controls, I can play it just fine on my XBOX360 controller.

Wiz

Started @ noon today and ended @ 4:50 PM

Check it out

Vanya

STILL... trying to finish Twilight Princess.
Damn this whole flibber-flabber with not having time to play games!
I'm gonna be pissed if Skyward Sword comes out before I finish Twilight. >:m
¯\(°_0)/¯

MysticKnightFF5

Baten Kaitos...fun game, up until you fight three full bosses at the same time y.y