• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:47 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Official Mark Ideas Thread

Started by 3lric, May 08, 2013, 02:39:29 am

Xujints

Hmmm... Something else that could be done with the area, seeing as there is no risk of gaming over, one could make it to where no EXP or JP is gained. The purpose is simply a test of skill and to receive awards for completing difficult battles voluntarily as opposed to random encounters. Thee rewards can also change based on the chapter it's done in too...

3lric

Unfortunately, off the top of my head, I can't think of a practical way to make you not game over upon death, nor to limit EXP/JP gain based on a specific battle. Haven't slept in a few days, so I might not be thinking clearly, but nothing immediately pops into my head to make me think that would be an easy thing to pull off.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xujints

Hmm... The no EXP and JP might not be possible, but I do have an idea for not game overing. It's pretty simple really, set an event that ends the fight when the last man standing goes terminal. A way to guarantee this would be to make it so that way every party member can survive a death blow with 1 hp, or give that ability to the last man standing when everyone else goes down... Not sure how to go about it though... I just know that K.O.ed participants would be stared instead of numbered.

Guru

Hmm sorry getting off the mark topic here....but is game over hard coded? I saw the command in attack.out to see if enemy team is dead and the commands for ID units but I never saw anything that checks to see if player team is wiped out.

Definitely a cool mark though, even if you have to make it real battle. I'd rather see it a set number of battles though progressively getting harder until it's hell  :twisted: but that's just my two cents, which is overpriced as it is lol.

Few different ways you could go with this too. You could make it an earlier mark, which would proly be ch3 at this point, and have the reward based on level(could even throw some materials for synth shop in there). Which would make it a mission worth repeating.
Or make it a tough late game mark.

3lric

If the party is wiped out or one of the five crystallizes you get game over, this is not set via attack.out, it's how the game is coded. In specific battles that also game over from something like Rafa dying on the rooftop in vanilla, there is a condition that exists to jump to the game over event. You won't find stuff like this in the GUIs. They are located in the attack.out spreadsheet.

3lric

June 04, 2016, 03:15:03 am #85 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:38:08 am by Elric
Still accepting ideas on these. The OP has been updated with all marks that have been posted.

I've been doing distribution of special materials and most of these involve marks. So post your ideas people! I've actually used quite a few from this thread!

Tempest

Reunion

Story : Rumors suggest that Boco is searching for his old companion Ramza and has once again found himself in grave danger!

"Rumors are spreading of a Strange chocobo wandering aimlessly in monster infested regions, seemingly without purpose. Poor thing wont last very long unless somebody goes to help it..."

Difficulty : Easy - Medium

Enemies : Large number and variety of ghosts and goblins (make it challenging)

Reward : Recruit Boco (higher stats than normal yellow chocobo, perhaps add other chocobo skills as a perk)

He was Wiegrafs chocobo during his time in the Corpse brigade and much more than just an optional character, however underwhelming he was in the original game perhaps with this mod things can be done right.

3lric

I like it, but Boco is already in the Jot5 Bravestory and has a Bravestory Bonus Scene in Jot5 along with Byblos. This same scene is one that helps bridge the gap between FFT and Jot5

Tempest

This is where my having not played yet hurts me ;o Sorry about that haha

3lric

Tempest

what limitations do we have as far as what tools are available for these marks? Do we have the space and resources to dedicate a unique sprite or are we trying to stay more with source material already in the game and mod?

3lric

Mostly just wants already there. I can add extra palettes to existing things, which I've already done for a few marks, but things like completely unique sprites as well as new abilities and the like are a no-go. Same goes for adding new items via marks. Marks are selected by myself based on how I could use them to distribute special materials for ultimate weapons and items. Since you have no way of knowing this list of special materials, just do your best and I'll try to pick out where it would best be used.

That said, suggestions on a palette color as well as a roundabout on your thoughts for a skillset are valuable info to have. Since we aren't all that short on actual skillset space (Job space is short, skillset space is not) and they aren't too hard to frankenstein now that we have a definitive skill list. So having an idea of how a unit/monster/enemy should act/behave makes it much easier to setup.

Of course we may have to change/add/edit/remove parts to make it work in game, but if any part of your idea is used, you'll get full credit for it.

Tempest

In the lore you are working with, what has happened to the Zodiac Stones that Ramza gathered during FFT? Its unclear what happened to them all after the events of FFT..

3lric

June 04, 2016, 07:06:39 pm #93 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:12:39 pm by Elric
EDIT

Orlandu got rid of them in backstory, however they wouldn't likely be something we'd use in marks anyway as they are pretty OP. And -may- be used for other things.

You should really at least play the initial release up to the worldmap so that you can see all that stuff in the bravestory :P

Tempest

June 04, 2016, 07:18:02 pm #94 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:31:10 pm by Tempest
Fair enough :p just curious.

I don't believe it to be impossible in the world of FFT to conjure a Lucavi even without a Zodiac stone - if you are in agreement this is a Mark that would be pretty fun and challenging. I apologize for any typos or poor wording, typing this up during my lunch break :O

The Dark One pt. 1

Story : "There are a great deal of people speaking of a suspicious man walking about the local graves. Some of the nobles are concerned and are paying well for information, who is this person and what does he want?"

Difficulty : Hard

Enemies : 1 x Dark one : Black mage (If at all possible make him look different more like a Necromancer, he should have Teleport and dark holy), An assortment of Zombie/Ghost warriors (Small map, unit size will need to be low)

Rewards : Gil

The Dark one has been gathering power from the resentful spirits of the dead, those whom died during the Lion and 50 year war, he approaches Balbanes Grave...

Balbanes does not share the hatred others who died in the war had, the Dark one is unable to do his bidding at this grave. Ramza and his men arrive and question the mysterious man about his intentions. The dark one is unwilling to comply, and prepares to attack to silence your team.

After the battle, the Dark one retreats and teleports.. claiming he has all that he needs to do his work and you will not stand in his way.

The Dark One pt 2

Story : "There has been a series of unusual storms and harsh winds at Yuguo woods, as well as a surge in activity from the undead. Please put an end to this madness!"

Difficulty : Very Hard

Enemies : Dark One x1 (More Spells, High hp), Zalera (Death Seraph, same spells and perks will be fine unless there is tweeking to be done), and Undead servants.

The Dark One made his way to yuguo woods; to utilize the undead there and further his cause...

The Dark One has been gathering the souls of the spiteful, teeming with hatred he used that power to conjure and summon Zelera the angel of death. The Dark One made it clear he lives only to serve the Death Seraph, and together they plan to slaughter and bleed the innocent. In doing so they will command an army of undeath and conquer Ivalice.

Rewards : Gil, and Masamune.

Edit :

3lric

That first part is a lot like one we already have in Ch1 of the re-release :P though I don't remember if I publicly released a video of it yet or not.

I may use the others as a continuation of that same line though

Tempest

Darn. I figured there would be something along these lines already written up, however looking through the previously submitted ideas i didn't see it. I'll try to think up something slightly more off the wall but doable and fun.

Nyzer

June 04, 2016, 08:37:03 pm #97 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:09:35 pm by nyzer
QuoteThe Dark One pt. 1

Story : "There are a great deal of people speaking of a suspicious man walking about the local graves. Some of the nobles are concerned and are paying well for information, who is this person and what does he want?"

QuoteThat first part is a lot like one we already have in Ch1 of the re-release :P

"A lot" like it? It's almost identical o_o

Get out of my Documents folder, Tempest!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tempest

Hahahahaha, that is hilarious its so similar. Im flattered that i had the same thought. Cant wait to play it out :)

3lric

Well, yeah, but I wasn't gonna tell him how close it was, though I will likely adapt the other 2 he wrote to go with that string lol