• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Zodiac Stones after end-game?

Started by Fosil, May 11, 2011, 09:44:13 am

Fosil

What happens to the Zodiac stones after the events of end-game FFT?
I've read several entries on FFT's story, but there are no details of if.

Due to this, no one knows. So then, I want some opinions from others as to what might happen to them.

I've had several ideas, myself.
- Ramza gives the stones to his friends (party members, whether special or generic) to keep safe
(Obviously this would vary from player to player, depending what company he kept. Although there are still key-characters from the story that could fulfill these tasks, such as Orran or Valmafra)
- Ramza (and/or his friends) scatter them throughout the continent, or even world
- They are destroyed?

Reason is: I may be dabbling a little into story content set after the completion of FFT's story.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

I personally always thought he'd give them to his party members. Mostly because:

1) He knew the stones weren't innately evil, thus there'd be no reason to destroy them- especially after defeating the leader of the Lucavi, and...

2) It's very symbolic for he and the others to become the new Braves. Ironic, really, that the Braves would have been anathemas of the Church, and also because like the Braves before (who defeated the demon at Limberry castle, according to the tales), also destroyed a demon. So it's just very thematically clean and symoblic for Ramza to have handed them to his partymates.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

May 11, 2011, 11:59:33 am #2 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:00:05 pm by Dome
Boco got them, become the new demon, and r***d Mustadio
Twice

The end (?)
Seriously: I completely agree with Et

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Fosil

:) I'm sure he liked it. Agrias watched.

Anyhoo, good, because I was liking the idea of Ramza handing them off to his friends.

Cheetah

Total aside, Eternal where on earth did you get that kickass portrait? Is it one of the Japanese one and it just looks particularly good right now?

Ramza doesn't actually collect all of them through the game does he? Regardless such powerful object may need to be destroyed so as to prevent them from being used for evil.

Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

I bet twinees did that portrait. It's so damn sexy.

Samuraiblackbelt

Quote from: Cheetah on May 11, 2011, 04:05:32 pm
Ramza doesn't actually collect all of them through the game does he? Regardless such powerful object may need to be destroyed so as to prevent them from being used for evil.

The only two that you never actually collect are the ones that Vormav and Altima use, so you could assume that Ramza would pick them up after they died.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

GeneralStrife

He obviously throws them into bugrossa sea.

VampragonLord

ramza and co. died so the stones stayed underground with them
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

LastingDawn

Once you defeat Hashmalum and Altima respectively the game records you obtaining the Leo and Virgo stone. (Though there is no legit way to see this) Take that as you will, but to me it points towards a scenario where Ramza and friends survived and likely took the stones with them. I have a theory that Altima's explosion didn't kill them but separate them into perhaps different areas (or times). We at least know that Balthier survived Altima's explosion with not even a scratch and his going forward to FFT Ivalice is quite canon as it is shown in FFXII: Revenant Wings.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

Quote from: LastingDawn on May 11, 2011, 08:21:39 pm
Once you defeat Hashmalum and Altima respectively the game records you obtaining the Leo and Virgo stone. (Though there is no legit way to see this) Take that as you will, but to me it points towards a scenario where Ramza and friends survived and likely took the stones with them. I have a theory that Altima's explosion didn't kill them but separate them into perhaps different areas (or times). We at least know that Balthier survived Altima's explosion with not even a scratch and his going forward to FFT Ivalice is quite canon as it is shown in FFXII: Revenant Wings.

Wait what? LD are you saying that unlike Cloud who was just randomly pulled from an alternate dimension or something, that Balthier actually started in the FFT timeline and was then thrown backwards in time? I'm confused.
Current Projects:

philsov

Quote from: VampragonLord on May 11, 2011, 06:08:51 pm
ramza and co. died so the stones stayed underground with them

The explosion blew them to safety.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Twinees

LastingDawn

Quote from: Cheetah on May 11, 2011, 08:27:12 pm
Wait what? LD are you saying that unlike Cloud who was just randomly pulled from an alternate dimension or something, that Balthier actually started in the FFT timeline and was then thrown backwards in time? I'm confused.

Yep, Balthier finds the "Cache of Glabados" in FFXII: Revenant Wings and FFXII is in the distant past (about 1250 years before FFT) and he vanishes then and there, later he comes back with no explanation in Revenant Wings, in War of the Lions he specifically mentions the Cache of Glabados and tells Ramza that was what brought him there in the first place. Since he canonically follows Ramza to Altima it is quite likely that Altima's explosion brought him back to his own time 1250 years in the past... confusing, I know.

There's a place called Glabados in Revenant Wings, which leads me to believe that Milados (the places where Ajora was born) was likely in or close to Glabados, just as Jesus is sometimes called "Jesus of Nazareth" Ajora Glabados may be a way of saying "Ajora of Glabados" just my thoughts on that.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

VampragonLord

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NonFatalExplosions

Disclaimer: This link leads to tvtropes, a site so addictive many people waste hours of their day that could have been productive reading it. Any person(s) clicking the link leave the poster of this link entirely and completely free of liability. The poster of this link is not responsible for any time lost reading tropes or other content other than the initial page to which they are linking.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Eternal

Yeah, Cheetah, it's Twin's work. Amazing as always. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Fenrir90

Alright, I'm going back to before the retcon of the game since this is what the conclusion I got after playing numerous times. What happened to the # (a couple of stones are optional) holy stones at the end? Well before I tell you what I think, there are a few things that I will need to say so that you understand the conclusion I came to.

Well, for me... I always though that it was the combine power of the holy stones who send Ramza and Alma out of that death trap at the end of the game and back to Ivalice soil. The reason for me to think of this is because I believe that the stones are neither good nor evil, simply which the holy stone reacts to those possessing them. If the stones are evil, then why was Malak revived by one of them? Here is something interesting to think about. When Malak was revived, he says something along these lines. The stone said, return to those of the right mind (PSX version). If I am not mistaken, I think there are some cultures (Asian?) that associate the mind with the soul. I can't find the source at the moment to back me up, but I will try to look for it after posting all this. Synonym for "right".

Synonyms: just, proper, fair, moral, honorable, upright, righteous, acceptable, justified, nondiscriminatory.
Synonyms: appropriate, respectable, suitable, fitting, proper, desirable, best, reasonable, suited, decent.

Source: http://encarta.msn.com/thesaurus_561586369/right.html

Now the question, why did the holy stone(s) decided to save Ramza in the end? Well, Ramza possesses the stone(s) and yet... never used them in any shape or form. He could have used them to make a or many "miracle(s)" (like turn himself into a unstoppable god-like being or transform into a being like a Lucavi, resurrect his dead father or others to assist him, etc) during his quest and force his way around the world of Ivalice with the stone(s) powers in hand. Draclau says something interesting about this. In terms of gameplay, that would plainly suck. Yet, he didn't use them. Ramza ended up doing everything with his own power and not the stone(s), so he didn't receive any help from Lucavi nor God through the stones. If my memory serves me right, Ramza says something to Wiegraf about using the power of the holy stone and not his own power. I think it was near the end of chapter 3. Anyways, I strongly think that the stone were impressed by Ramza using his own power and not that of the holy stones to achieve his goal (saving Alma and at the same time saving the world), all the while having the stones in his possession and not once thinking about using them. As well that he slayed numerous Lucavis, a feats that is not quite simple. The stones decided to save them or grant them an unexpected gift. There are numerous myths revolving around supernatural being granting gift to mortals after performing extraordinary feats.

You're probably wondering why I only mention Ramza and Alma right. The reason for this is because that you can dismiss special characters and they can permanently die and it does not affect the game story except for their entry on their Profiles. So, they can be considers special generics. If they live or die, it's all up to the player. All special characters are icing on the cake, nothing more or less. They don't impact much on game story after joining. The Ramza and Alma only survived is based on the conclusion of the ending movie. If the others have survived, why wasn't they showed? If they went their separate ways, why wasn't such a scene showed? Etc... there are too many unanswered question, but I highly think that the game ending, but in actually, the whole chapter 4 was rush to be completed, but that is for another thread that I might write about.

In conclusion, the stone saved Ramza and Alma or all your rooster (for those that don't like the only Ramza and Alma thing), all the while the stones remains buried deep within the now unreachable Murond Death City where no mortal could ever recover the holy stone and used it's powers. Remember, Rofel destroyed the entrance to Murond Death City. So, nobody can enter or leave this place.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Wiz

Quote from: Fenrir90 on May 12, 2011, 04:08:45 pm
In conclusion, the stone saved Ramza and Alma or all your rooster (for those that don't like the only Ramza and Alma thing), all the while the stones remains buried deep within the now unreachable Murond Death City where no mortal could ever recover the holy stone and used it's powers. Remember, Rofel destroyed the entrance to Murond Death City. So, nobody can enter or leave this place.

There ya go Dome =D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

Then how did ramza and company escape?