• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Know any MMORPG that u play an monster? Theres none? Really?

Started by SolidSnakeDog, August 18, 2010, 05:37:41 am

SolidSnakeDog

August 18, 2010, 05:37:41 am Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:15:43 am by SolidSnakeDog
I know it sound weird...but is there any? because there don't seem to exist outside beginner's flash games...
Say...is there any online rpgs that you actually play has a monster?
Or an survival kind?

EDIT : Do this kind of mmo even exist ?
If not ,thats a huge fail, there are like ALOT of mmo but not an SINGLE one put you in the boot of an critter? really?

(Old topic)
Im looking for good mmo games but most are disapointing...
I just dlded wizard101 just for the lulz. (Is it worth it btw?...ima find out i guess...but looks expensive for me)
Can anyone recommand me a good mmorpg?

And tell me if the game is free/half free (paid to get to new areas) or paid each mouth or a life time membership.

I just want to try something new and fun and...bah something that will remove my boredoom for some time at less...

Still id pefer it to be free...(excluding special stuff)

Note, dont say world of warcraft or runescape....lol

Phlashblazer

ragnarok online is slightly outdated, there are plenty of "alternate" servers out there.  I would say it kind of looks like FFT in a way as well.  Other than that... not too sure about most free MMO's... they're all filler.  No depth but they do keep you busy.
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Xifanie

Ultima Online. The game is old but if you want an MMO, it easily outclasses any other one. For free, just pick a private server, and there are tons. Plus the biggest servers all have their own items/skills/mounts/scripts/etc. Be sure to check RP, as some servers force RP.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

thi13en

Kaijyuu

winshmo2

Infinite Aion you can try depends on your tastes.

VampragonLord

maplestory!

(if you dont mind 0 customer service)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Shade

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"LOTRO is free last I heard.

If you mean trial that is. Last when I hear it costs MONEY. MAUAUAHAUHAUHAUHUAHUHAUHAUHUAH
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

PX_Timefordeath

Quote from: "VampragonLord"maplestory!

(if you dont mind 0 customer service)

Don't. Ever. Play. That.

If you want a reason, here's the exp curve.

VampragonLord

Gotwald

It goes free in september. I play Lotro all the time; very fun. Lots of plot though. Nothing you have to remember, you can treat it like WoW or any other mmo though.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "Gotwald"

It goes free in september.
Ah right. I thought that had already happened. Guess not.

SolidSnakeDog

Alright thx guys. I guess i can find wat im looking for form em. Just need to look at em at youtube and find the one best suited for me.

PX_Timefordeath : Too late...lol
but really thats the worst exp curve ever for an mmo, shortly i know how it was set up i quit the instant i know it.(And after seeing i needed to kill about 2000-3000 enemy to get a single level...i was just pissed off never ever meet something that given more that 330 exp form a kill...only way to lv is to abuse exp cards...that cost WAY too much if u ask me. (4-5$ for double exp for 4 hour? and the time go away if u stop after 2h...aslo unreliable since the server was doing random shut down for updates.)
*Still...i had a very good friend at that game...friend form the very begining till the end...i guess thats wy i played that game alot a few years back.

VampragonLord

2 dollars for 4 hour 2x exp
you can sell in game items for nx
they just massively increased drop rates
family rep gives 2x exp for a half hour, simply cause random other people trained, this stacks with 2x card
with no 2x at all (rare for me) i level in about 4 hours(tops) at lvl 90.  which, on 4x (the only way i train) is a level every hour or so
you can also party pq up to about 70 if you really want, which is MUCH less work(read:sit around and let others do work), but takes longer after level 45 or so.
past about 130/140 yes leveling becomes ridiculous, simply because they dont have that high of level content yet besides bosses

SilvasRuin

Maplestory requires being addicted to it badly to "enjoy" it.  Though I hear summoning Balrogs in beginner areas is hilarious.

Guild Wars is a pseudo-MMO as players don't see each other running about in the wilderness unless they're in a party together.  Each campaign/storyline is a one time payment.
All the other purchases are either cosmetic and/or things that you could get with enough time and work put in to earn it for free.
You can recruit some AI characters that aren't too bad if you familiarize yourself with the things the AI does do and does not do well and successfully play through most of the game by yourself if you want.
After beating each campaign, you can set the region to hard mode which provides renewed challenge and rewards.
The maximum level is 20.  You will probably reach this halfway through your first campaign, if not sooner.  Do not assume this means you become uber really fast.  There's still plenty of development left for your character in the form of getting the best equipment for your play style and learning a larger variety of useful skills.  It doesn't make the difficulty plateau or screw with the learning curve or dead-end developing your character.  What it does is allow a relatively new player to be able to play along with an older player without having to be a liability.
There are three campaigns and one "expansion pack."  All four of them are as large as a full sized retail game.  The expansion differs in that you can't just buy it and play it, you need at least one of the others.  It also has a larger amount of side stories and quests to check out.
The main three campaigns are available in a package deal for the GOOD price of one game.  They're a steal.  The expansion isn't nearly so good price-wise, but it is still worth getting if you find you enjoy the rest of it.
Since each campaign is only a single payment, you are just as likely to get your FULL money's worth as you would be buying a retail single-player game.
The only reason I'm not still playing it (haven't completed Factions yet) is that I became a Valve fanboi and my tiny, tiny hard drive needed some more space for Half Life games.  (59.5 GBs is a pain in the ass to work with, especially with a monster like Windows 7 taking up half of it or more.)

Guild Wars 2 is supposedly going to be released in the "near future," will also be one time payment stuff, will be a full MMO, and the things the developers are promising are AMAZING.  They've almost managed to melt my cynicism and doubt.  Almost.

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Maplestory requires being addicted to it badly to "enjoy" it.  Though I hear summoning Balrogs in beginner areas is hilarious.

I was only addited because of the friend i had..really i never had a friend online that i stick around for hours each day doing stuff/quest and stuff. (Af if we know ourself in real life...we were that close)
The game was something new for me at that time. I aslo like this even more wen u can get a few nexon points by selling certin items in auction. (Once u know what sells well and how to get that item, in a matter of a week u can gain1000-2000 points if done right. eneuf to get 1-2 slots or an preminium item.) But it was ruined wen i had to kill 3000-5000 to get 1 level...i left the game knowing that there was nothing good to kill till 20 levels later....(3000x20=OVER 9000!!!)

Yeah..i was an victim of balrogs once...but i aslo used em to kill a couple of low lvs myself to even it out. (Sweat revange!  :twisted:)

Alright i tryed wizard101 and the game is... *ok*. Minigames are interesting at less.
But i dont find this game good eneuf to spend any money on it so id quit it in an few days...
The biggest reison i hate is that there always someone waiting for the timer to go to 1 before chosing a command.(Waiting 30 sec each turn is fun heh? Even higher Lvs do this....maybe because i was in an low level area?...or people just likes to be an ass?)

VampragonLord

Quote from: "SolidSnakeDog"But it was ruined wen i had to kill 3000-5000 to get 1 level...i left the game knowing that there was nothing good to kill till 20 levels later.
doing it so wrong....
beginner quests til about 15ish
random quests til 22ish
Assorted PQs (kerning/subway -> carnival) til about 45
truckers til you can mp3 (about 43-47 depending on job)
mp3 til 65-70ish
twisted jesters til you can him (til around 80)
You are now able to start bossing fairly reasonably
himes til 95-120 depending on job (you still level every few hours even at around 100, only priests stay at himes til way high levels)
if you arent leveling every 2-4 hours then youre playing wrong.

PX_Timefordeath

If you want to try a MMO, I heard about this one called The World. It has 12 million subscribers worldwide, and it keeps growing. Judging by what I've heard about it, I'm thinking about getting it.

SolidSnakeDog

The World heh?
Id take a look i guess. (On youtube)

By the way wizard101 players, is it better to get points to unlock areas or using the pay by mouth options? what would be the best for a long time run? Just wondering really.
because im becoming more and more interested in that game lately...not

SolidSnakeDog

Ok..i think im an really bored... wizard101 is ok but no way i will play this for long.
Changed the topic, look at frist post.

EDIT : hmm...still nothing? I guess this kind of mmo do not exist...ah well.  :|