• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:20:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ability Animation

Started by Hashmelk, December 15, 2013, 05:17:30 pm

Hashmelk

December 15, 2013, 05:17:30 pm Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:18:47 am by Hashmelk
Hey i was trying to make an ability simple like "hadouken" so im using FFTPatcher and on the Animations Tab i changed the 3x heximal tabs like first heximal spell charging second another heximal and the thid null.  My question is: how do i add an animation of a laser from the Construct8 inside my ability?
So is it possible to add, for example, Fire breath animation to throw stone?
Thanks!

Sorry for the bad english

Xifanie

The animations tab is for the stance your character will take when performing the ability. For example, Wave Fist & Earth Slash use the punching animation, which should be what you're looking for. Copy that unto your desired ability. In the abilities tab, look at Dispose, and give your skill the same Effect it has. Effect as in, Effect animation/sound/whatever.

Hope that helps.

You can try giving Throw Stone the Fire Breath effect, but I'm not sure how well that will go. Accumulate and Throw Stone are very unique, as they are the only 2 abilities in the game with hardcoded Effects to them.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Hashmelk

Thank you very much! I thought Effect and Animation were the same thing,but not.