• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:33:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New character

Started by yrogerg, December 09, 2013, 10:15:08 am

yrogerg

Hey there....

I've been looking for a day to find a way to create a new character in FFT....And when i say new i mean to add if possible a sprite set. Also i tried to replace a already existant sprite with a new one (an unused event character like Celia) but when i add that char into my party he looks like Ramza....I looked this thread http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7089.msg144130#msg144130 that looks like my case but it seems i do something wrong....

Ok i started by extracting unit.bin and wldface.bin from my vanilla FFT but i cant find a way to add a sprite set, only to replace it. Also i noticed that in FFTEVGRP the amount of sprites are less than portraits...so i switched to ShiShi Sprite editor (following the instructions of the thread above) and changed Celia's sprite into Sephiroth but when i enter at party screen he looks like Ramza.

Please assist me.
Me, staring back at you!

yrogerg

Me, staring back at you!