• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:41:43 pm

FFTacText Crash Course

Started by phoenixforce, November 27, 2013, 05:44:50 pm

phoenixforce

November 27, 2013, 05:44:50 pm Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:51:20 pm by phoenixforce
This is probably beating a dead horse, but I just recently downloaded the Patch Suite, but I'm not sure I know how to use the text editor to apply text changes (e.g. "Demi" -> "Gravity") to the iso. I'm using the PSX version.

I've saved the .ffttext file and tried using the ISO/Patch ISO command, but I keep getting this "DTE for OPEN.LZW failed" error message, and nothing gets saved. I've already scoured other forums, searched the net for a tutorial, but haven't found the answer. What are the specific instructions on how to use this editor correctly?

Pride

You're text file has become too long, there is a bunch of kanji text that can be removed however, start with deleting all of it and try to reapply.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

phoenixforce

That worked, until at some point I went back to fix a few more things, and now that same problem is back. I removed all the kanji characters I could find, in the sound novels and diaries and stuff.

I've been watching how much text I'm using, and in a lot of cases, I'm using LESS text. What else could it be?

phoenixforce

Nevermind, I found out that it was a missing text string, <File>, just above the beginning of OPEN.LZW. I was following the suggestion of a previous post to copy and move the original and found the missing string.

Good thing I've done programming.