• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:08 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Dome

July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:04:05 am by Dome
Give me feedback about FFT: Plus

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Yes, so far i'm liking it very much, it is very good, your idea of making it a start for new projects is coming true i think, everythings seems balanced enough and it can be fun for noob and pros alike. So far i'm almost at Lionel coz i'm leveling up some thief's  :mrgreen:
Altough that isn't very helpfull ( most enemies with cool stuff just come with maintanance, even at random encounters, so it's just hoping they turn into treasure box.  :( )
Speaking of this, it seems enemies that come with maintanance on random encounters can't turn into treasure box, i checked it with sava state, they just turn into crystals no matter how many times you load state, and when they were supposed to turn into a box the game like skip their turn so they don't turn into the box, i was hoping to get a power sleeve from them but seems that won't be possible  :(
Anyways, so far it's very cool playing it!
Now it's time to go back to kiling spree and play it some  :more:.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 04, 2011, 06:48:41 pm
Humans will NEVER turn into treasure box, and you can steal only during story fights or later Ch4 randoms
Sorry xD

It's ok, it turn out it makes the game harder coz you can't get some good stuff early in the game.  :)
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

GeneralStrife

I use the gameshark anyways trololoolololololo

Dome

gmila84

I've tested your patch.

You're changed a difficult a little bit, not too much, but in random battles, the level of monsters is too high.

I've noted that Delita was not in my party. Is that correct? These special characters is not our responsabilty anymore? Lol

I'm very disappointed with no automatic monsters join up.  :|

Example, my entire party has level 2 characters and the monsters in Mandalia Plains have level 5. The random battles must be same level, just for training skills. It's my thought about it.

Kagebunji

When they are higher, you earn more experience when hitting the monsters, and that is perfect for me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Kagebunji on August 09, 2011, 11:50:56 am
When they are higher, you earn more experience when hitting the monsters, and that is perfect for me.

As well it puts the player to it's maximum making strategy an essential part of play.

Dome

August 09, 2011, 01:14:06 pm #8 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:19:14 pm by Dome
@Gmila84
Monsters in random battle are always partylevel +3 (For the reason Kage stated) Even if I'll probably rework CH1 randoms to feature only party level monsters (At the beginning, you have almost no skills unlocked)
Also, remember to don't level only one character, as the game takes the HIGHEST level in your party and adds 3 to decide the monsters level
No automatic monster join up is because monsters are very strong, and you require a particular skill to make them join (Archer ;P)
And yeah, no more guests in the party roster (Except for Beowulf in Ch4)

gmila84

Quote from: Dome on August 09, 2011, 01:14:06 pm
@Gmila84
Monsters in random battle are always partylevel +3 (For the reason Kage stated) Even if I'll probably rework CH1 randoms to feature only party level monsters (At the beginning, you have almost no skills unlocked)
Also, remember to don't level only one character, as the game takes the HIGHEST level in your party and adds 3 to decide the monsters level
No automatic monster join up is because monsters are very strong, and you require a particular skill to make them join (Archer ;P)
And yeah, no more guests in the party roster (Except for Beowulf in Ch4)

Thanks again for your attention. New patch, new rules!

I'll play a little bit longer to catch the new schematics.

Dome

Quote from: gmila84 on August 09, 2011, 01:37:10 pm
Thanks again for your attention. New patch, new rules!

I'll play a little bit longer to catch the new schematics.

Thanks to you for playing the patch! :-)

Joseph Strife

August 10, 2011, 09:50:44 pm #11 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:52:50 pm by Joseph Strife
Ok, so, some report on side quests.

Goland Coal city was realy fun, the frist battle with the white knights was easy, the second one was a pain in the ass if you don't use the proper strategy
Ice Shield, without it you can't get by this stage.

The third battle was cool, same strategy of Celdia and Lede, and the last one was realy easy.

Worker 7 battle is hard, those dragons sure are annoying :?

DD is looking great so far, i'm at start, NOGIAS, but so far i'm liking the battles, specialy the ramza clones one, i wish a Ch.1 Ramza like the ones you fight :P

Thus, evertything seem cool for the side quests, i'll make full report of FFT+ in the battle logs section once i finish it serious mode.

ScYze

hay. Decided to try out this patch and so far i LOVE it! Still on Chapter 1 but the game is a lot more fun and enjoyable with all the little changes. Such as the improved tooltips, the new spell properties, new job skill sets, and rebalancing, to the decreased randomness of treasure-box/crystals. Ramza's new skills are awesome too!

All around great job!! :-D. I'll probably have more to say after i get further along in the game.

Dome

Glad you are enjoying it :-) And thanks for the bug reports xD

P.s: I'm looking forward for more feedbacks :-)

S_Hawkeye

Quote from: Kagebunji on August 09, 2011, 11:50:56 am

More xp means less jp per level, maybe is not really important but i dislike that

Dome

Quote from: S_Hawkeye on August 11, 2011, 10:39:26 pm
More xp means less jp per level, maybe is not really important but i dislike that

Enemies in ch1 will be at the same level you are :-)
Also, propositions can help you gather JPs (You can send specials)

moonieyam

August 12, 2011, 08:53:36 pm #16 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:25:42 am by Dome
I just tried it on the pc and it's perfect so far :D my first time playing ff tactics this way and got screwed by the bomb speed save thing >.>

Joseph Strife

Don't you mean the Red Panther speed save?

Stretch

The bomb's critical quick > explosion combo, I keep units spread out and just let it happen, it usually ends the battle with a bang.
Yeah, right

Dome

August 13, 2011, 04:26:31 am #19 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:53:39 am by Dome
Yeah, monsters now require strategy to be defeated, otherwise they can destroy you :-)
But they can also be VERY powerful allies if you spend some time to recruit them (I did, and a bird lashing wind skill saved my ass against Miluda 1 <3 )