• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:32:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Crossed Swords - Female Warrior Sprite

Started by Lydyn, July 22, 2012, 12:48:39 pm

Lydyn

July 22, 2012, 12:48:39 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:22:57 pm by Lydyn
It's almost done! I need some assistance though, if someone wouldn't mind doing so. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the attack animation to look right because the chest is custom made (thanks to Twin!). I'm unsure how many hours I've spent trying to get it right, but it's not really getting anywhere ... that and the profile/side view as well. I'm using the Miluda sprite for the warrior's head, so here's both sheets;

Durbs

That's actually a really nice sprite for how simple it is. Sorry I suck at spriting; I'd help you if I could. :(
  • Modding version: PSX

Lydyn

Bump - Also added the bitmaps for both sprites. I feel dumb for not doing this earlier, sorry!

@Durbs: Thanks, I appreciate the comment and offer. Guess I'll just have to wait for a spriter to actually take interest in this simple edit (for more experienced spriters than I).

CONMAN

I just took a look and compared the midsection of your character against balbanes and cavalier.  I noticed that the chest is one sprite smaller on your female warrior.  So without looking in shishi, I am assuming that (assuming you are using the correct sp type) one arm fits and the other seems to be one sprite too far left or right.  I have had this exact problem.  Manually moving all of the left, or right one spot should fix it.  If I'm wrong, I'll take another look.

Lydyn

It did look a little odd ... though the male version looked very very similar. That might be worth a thought though, thanks! Though I'm much more concerned about the other chest pieces right now. ^^

Jon

Hey that's a pretty nice head swap, good job thus far on the changed body as well!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lydyn

Thanks! Just need help with the rest of the chest poses. =P I like the positive feedback though!

Timbo

This girl is savage. I feel like Dome is going to want to poach this for his patch.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Dome

The sprite is good, but I doubt I'd implement it in +...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Lydyn

That's all well and good, but I really need someone to help me complete it, lol. Maybe I didn't word it well enough in the original post or spriters just don't care right now. I've tried a few times and it hasn't worked yet... I'd really need to at least see examples to even attempt it. Thanks for the compliments though!

Jon

You can pretty much leave the back attack animations how they are since the arms will get in the way and nobody cares how the back looks anyways. The front might be tricky, but download Twinees' Tifa or something and try to imitate her for the body. I dunno why, but I guess the other spriters are either working on other stuff, don't care or were eaten by ferocious wolves or something.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lydyn

Tifa's chest is very different from what I saw ...and yeah. Maybe I'll have to bribe with moneyz. xD

Twinees

Quote from: Jon on August 03, 2012, 07:13:39 pm
were eaten by ferocious wolves or something.

I wish.

Most of us are working on getting the final touches done on JoT5. If I get all my maths assignments done by tomorrow, ill finish off her boobs for you, no promises though :P.

Lydyn

Yay! Thank you, sir! The sooner the better, but at the same time, no need to feel rushed. I still have a lot of things to do before even testing my patch yet. I really appreciate it.

Timbo

I finished her head swap today. She still needs a good boob job. Hopefully Twinees will still hook you up. I'm not sure what to do about the portrait though?

Lydyn

Oh cool! He did.. some of it, but not the entire sheet. Mostly just the attacking animations. Also, I believe the panels to the lower right (with her attacking) actually need the head. Like the one in Miluda's sprite sheet? I can do that though, or try anyways. I'm just not sure what to do with the rest of the animations - like when she gets damaged or knelling. Twins didn't do those and I'm just not good enough. Maybe I'll have to scrap it ... =/

Timbo

I just took all your male heads and made them female. I didn't realize that those other sprites had hair and such. I can finish the head swaps. I'm not a great spriter. I'm not terribly good at drawing. I won't be able to give her boobs and curves. You'll still need to find somebody to do that for you.

Does anybody know where the sprites for the briefing at Magic City Garland? There is a female Squire there that'll need to be modified?

Lydyn

It's in something like EVTRH or... whatever. I'm not sure the exact spelling.

Twinees

I'm really sick, give me a break :P
There its all done.

What are you going to do portrait-wise?