• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:30 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Lijj

I'm loking at that HD port.. you avatar; thats a really interesting portrait.

Do you mean add weapons to the Fire Emerald characters Shishi-sensou?

Show us
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

It's Amarant, Lijj. The one japaneese made. I always liked Amarant and I thought of aking a HD version of it for me.

Call me Flaming Kage, haha.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

May 14, 2013, 03:06:42 pm #2283 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:46:03 am by Kagebunji
Well, today Disgaeafan noticed my signature, and Yu Narukami along with Izanagi in it, and he kinda inspired me to work on some more art related to P4. What do you guys think, worth a shot, right?

Lijj

I like it: I should have mentioned.
I fully support pixel art signatures. Actually I kinda want to update mine.

Kagebunji

Haha, ever since I remember you had some little sprite/art in your sig, Lijj. It's a nice little detail after all.

Kagebunji

Certainly been a while since I posted anything new here(almost a year, ouch), since everything went to JoT5, heh.

This is Dias, from Star Ocean 2, a character I always liked and decided to work on. Got some nice progress on the sheet already, and the portrait is ready too. I'm doing the version on the right, left one was done to represent his original SO form. Thoughts?

Seushiro

I love the portrait very nice. I'm not liking the white highlight in the hair it is too bright. I also don't get the collar part unlike the one you have on the left it is clearly a shirt line

Angel

On the portrait, the lack of shading on the forehead makes it look like the hair is just a sticker placed on top of a picture of a bald head. The hair is very well done, but it seems to have no physical interaction with the head it's attached to. To my mind's eye, that alone would improve it tenfold and leave me without anything but praise.

On the character sprite itself, the highlight on the hair is a bit too bright, making it look like there's a head ornament of some sort coming through the locks of hair.

I thiiiiiiiink I prefer the sprite on the right over the one on the left. It has a bit more character, and a more interesting design, despite the other having pauldrons (which are done well, for sure). I like them both, but I'm leaning toward the one on the right as my favorite.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

Quote from: Toshiko on April 19, 2014, 05:56:58 pm
On the portrait, the lack of shading on the forehead makes it look like the hair is just a sticker placed on top of a picture of a bald head. The hair is very well done, but it seems to have no physical interaction with the head it's attached to. To my mind's eye, that alone would improve it tenfold and leave me without anything but praise.

On the character sprite itself, the highlight on the hair is a bit too bright, making it look like there's a head ornament of some sort coming through the locks of hair.

*blinks* ...I never would have really thought about ANY of that without having it pointed out. I just think it all looks really good. I really like the portrait and the sprite on the right has some nice details about it that I like like how the buttons on the waist stand out though I do like the white trim on the left sprite's tunic.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

I like the sprite on the right! It's awesome.. I agree about the too bright highlight on the hair. Also, as Angel said, just a bit more shading on the forehead.

Kagebunji

Ok, I will try squeezing in some different highlight, no promises though, since he already is full on palette, with many different colors. Will do my best though. And will shade the forehead as well :D

jimmyjw88

I like right as well, however I notice the hair style is different. Is it on purpose? Looking forward.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I just changed the hair a bit when making the left version, but I thought it isn't that significant to make it for the right version as well. Guess it ain' t that big of a difference to care, heh :P

Twinees

Both versions look great though I really can't decide which I like better.
Instead of squeezing the palette you could alternatively just get rid of the highlight altogether, it should look fine. Though that decision is up to you :P.

Kagebunji

Haha, you were right Twin, it doesn't look bad without a highlight :P

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

Copy the eye colors  you made on the left one and move it over. Please fix the white shirt line above the belt. You can just make it go all the way up like zipped up clothing and have the darker shade of gray under the chin.

Kagebunji

That line is supposed to be there, Seushiro. Here is the design I based Dias on. Minus the cape ofcourse.

Seushiro

I see that but it looks like it is floating in the middle of greens and just breaks the continuity from the bottom white line. unless you take out the bottom white line below the belt it would make more sense as the lines in your reference pic.