• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:01:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Q&A section READ HERE BEFORE MAKING NEW TOPICS

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:20:40 pm

SarcrofS

Hello people, well I'm trying to put one on my DK FFT, but I can not for the sprite in formation, I opened the Shishi, I was in DK, print screen, I took him aside, he converted to 8bpp bmp in GraphicsGale, only when I go for it in FFTEVGRP says, "is not a 16 color bitmap.

I did not save palette / import new palette, after all, the DK is already with the palette I want.

Why is giving this error? How can I fix it and insert the DK?

The DK I'm trying to place is attached.

Thanks.
~*!Starting a project sooN!*~

Lijj

Just make it a 4bpp bmp under all frames in Graphics Gale to ensure it cannot be any more than 16 colors.
  • Modding version: PSX

SarcrofS

I did, I simply export the sprite, open the paint, leaving size 24x40 edited and saved normally (oh she saved over the other bmp, which was already due 8bpp Shisha), then just converted to graphics and worked in 4bpp (:

thanks for help!

SarcrofS

What is the size of the portrait to WLDFACE.BIN?

maugustus1

why do the colors look like this, see below

GeneralStrife

it looks like that before it goes into shishi, shishi corrects the colors.

SarcrofS

Is possible to take the ability to get the mime imitating? Because I want to put in place a HK.

maugustus1

Quote from: SarcrofS on June 13, 2011, 05:21:58 pm
Is possible to take the ability to get the mime imitating? Because I want to put in place a HK.

no mime is a job that is hardcoded, meaning you cant alter it without some pretty bad glitches. I used the mediator for my hk, mediators suck lol.

maugustus1

June 13, 2011, 05:32:29 pm #189 Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:36:14 pm by maugustus1
Quote from: GeneralStrife on June 13, 2011, 04:52:41 pm
it looks like that before it goes into shishi, shishi corrects the colors.

ok, but if i export it as a bmp using the latest shi shi, the colors of the portrait are still like that, and if i try to put it fftegrp to write it to the WLDFACE.bin it doesnt have the right colors :S...

also how would you recolor the arms? just use the existing palette and fill in the respective light/dark patchs?

EDIT: some reading took me to the right place! http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10

maugustus1

June 13, 2011, 06:01:29 pm #190 Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:02:16 pm by maugustus1
Quote from: maugustus1 on June 13, 2011, 05:32:29 pm
ok, but if i export it as a bmp using the latest shi shi, the colors of the portrait are still like that, and if i try to put it fftegrp to write it to the WLDFACE.bin it doesnt have the right colors :S...

also how would you recolor the arms? just use the existing palette and fill in the respective light/dark patchs?

EDIT: some reading took me to the right place! http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10

lol! that tutorial is if you already have a portrait with the right colors...still stuck :(

edit again: went through an old topic here to find it: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=405.20

SarcrofS

I used Calculator to my DK and i go use Dancer/Bard to HK.

Only that it is difficult to dispose of various skills of singing/dancing, do not know what to do if you have any idea. ASHUSAUH'

:mrgreen:

maugustus1

Quote from: SarcrofS on June 13, 2011, 08:06:44 pm
I used Calculator to my DK and i go use Dancer/Bard to HK.

Only that it is difficult to dispose of various skills of singing/dancing, do not know what to do if you have any idea. ASHUSAUH'

:mrgreen:

check this out:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4868.0
ill send you  a private message or i can help you in a different thread, i wanna respect the sprite help section!

KelvinR92

Hello, I am looking for a ShiShi Install/Patch Guide. I am trying to insert a custom Ramza Sprite~From this Site

BloodyPicard

I've been looking all over this site trying to gather information and programs on what I should be doing. The more and more I mess around with things the more confused I get. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I just wanted to make some custom sprites but now I'm just depressed with the whole situation. I don't know where to start anymore. I've been looking at different tutorials and videos and just plain messing around but I don't feel like I've learned anything at all. I'm so frustrated about this but I don't want to give up. This really means a lot to me. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of key information or something... What am I doing wrong?

Jubei1986

if Twinees (i believe who was working on it) ever finished the amazing beastmaster sprite??

GeneralStrife

Zozma

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

RandMuadDib

For the most part this seems to be a fairly simple head and pallette swap. Id recommend trying to finish it yourself, see what you can do. I'm sure many vanilla-based patches would be very willing to use them if they did get finished.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!