• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:44:25 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Which is better?

Started by dinosaur, September 25, 2011, 09:54:37 pm

dinosaur

September 25, 2011, 09:54:37 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:43:49 am by Dome

Eternal

It's not a competition- they're aimed at different folks. Ones who want a very difficult challenge, and others who want rebalancing and a slight difficulty increase.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 25, 2011, 09:59:50 pm
It's not a competition- they're aimed at different folks. Ones who want a very difficult challenge, and others who want rebalancing and a slight difficulty increase.

This

Anyway, thanks for posting about it Dino :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

dinosaur

Yeah I do not think of it as a competition but I think it is great Dome's patch is getting talked about :]

Archaic

FFT Plus, by FAR.

FFT 1.3 is a decent hack, don't get me wrong.
But the things that are changed aren't all that useful; those that are, just make it necessary to have those abilities.
Plus it's too fucking HARD. It's supposed to be challenging, but if it's too hard, it's just not fun.

FFT Plus doesn't have this problem;
The usefulness of the changed skills isn't drastic compared to how much harder the game itself is. It keeps a good pace while letting you enjoy your time playing it, instead of forcing you to grind just to see all the class and ability changes.

Dome

February 04, 2012, 05:10:33 am #5 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:42:10 am by Dome
Quote from: Archaic on October 13, 2011, 06:35:13 pm
FFT Plus, by FAR.

FFT 1.3 is a decent hack, don't get me wrong.
But the things that are changed aren't all that useful; those that are, just make it necessary to have those abilities.
Plus it's too fucking HARD. It's supposed to be challenging, but if it's too hard, it's just not fun.

FFT Plus doesn't have this problem;
The usefulness of the changed skills isn't drastic compared to how much harder the game itself is. It keeps a good pace while letting you enjoy your time playing it, instead of forcing you to grind just to see all the class and ability changes.

<3

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"