• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

LastingDawn

July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:28:12 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, as explained in my "Progress in Mercenaries" topic I will be adding at least 40 new sidequests into the game (10 per chapter), but unfortunately I'm relatively creatively drained at the moment, so what do you all have in mind for sidequests you'd like to see? Sprite's are really no longer an issue, but if you do plan on involving a custom sprite, Please make sure that it's already finished. Here is the template I would like...

Quote from: "Example"Bounty Hunting Introduction

Activation Method - First time to the Warden's Office.

Area - Dorter Trade City

While trying to leave Dorter Trade City Gafgarion's troupe is stopped by a number of Knights claiming to be Bounty Hunters, and they'll invite you out on your first bounty mission. (You have a yes or no choice to this, if you just want to skip the introduction).

This will take you to Mandalia Plains, where the Knights and Gafgarion's Troupe will engage the Mad Mages family leaders, Mama and Papa. They'll explain about the Description of the Bounties holding their Bounty poster, and defeating them will earn you a Ticket for use at the Warden's Office for a prize.

After winning they thank you for a job well done.

Things like that, but try not to be Too specific for the activation. I am sure you all will come up with fantastic ideas for this!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

July 12, 2009, 01:58:11 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Me First :)

Chapter 1

Bounty Hunt (again....)

Activation Method - First Time in Warden's Office

Area - Dorter Trade City

After returning to Dorter Trade City for the second time, the bounty hunters return and bump into the group again. This time they are going on a bounty hunt for a band of thieves hiding in Sweegy Woods. Most likely they are disguised. (Option shows up again, yes or no)

Team is taken to Sweegy Woods. There they meet the band of thieves (made up of a few travelers, 1 invoker, 1 cantor, and 1 knight). Based on which of the thieves are downed by Gaffy's team, the battle prizes will result as loot.

Once completed they return to Dorter to reclaim the award.

PX_Timefordeath

July 12, 2009, 02:22:41 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Chapter 1

Bounty Mark

Activation Method - After 2 sidequests are done

Area - Doter Trade City

After returning to Dorter, they bump into a man in strange clothes(LUSO) looking for a certain hunt. He asks if you want to join him. Yes or No.

He leads you to Lenalia Plateau, where you see a lone chocobo(BOCO) being hunted down by 2 behemoths and 1 behemoth king. Behemoths are 2 levels higher than party and king is 6. Boco becomes an ally who helps you out as you are going to save him, believing the behemoth king is the mark. After you finish the battle, Boco runs and you bring the corpse of the king. But it turns out that Boco is in fact the real mark, due to being Wiegraf's accomplice. You do get a reward from Luso for helping him though.

Cheetah

July 12, 2009, 02:38:28 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Sorry here is just a random thought for battle conditions.

Could you have it so that a battle only lasted a certain number of turns and then have it end, and the reward would just depend on the reward from the specific enemies you managed to kill in that time? Could make for a rather original battle set up.
Current Projects:

mav

July 12, 2009, 12:53:03 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "Cheetah"Could you have it so that a battle only lasted a certain number of turns and then have it end, and the reward would just depend on the reward from the specific enemies you managed to kill in that time? Could make for a rather original battle set up.
Shit, that would be phenomenal...

By the way, is there a reason all of these are using Dorter Trade City, or did I miss something?

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 01:08:26 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Dorter Trade is the first time the Fur Shop *cough* *cough* I mean the uh... Warden's Office first appears, in essence the second sidequest (Boomkick) can be done, but it would require you buying the ticket prize from the Warden's Office, to bring up a new screen that could sneak in the conditions for the event (ala, Deep Dungeon and Beowulf).

Now as for yours PX it would need an event instruction at the end of Boomkick's quest to know that there's another sidequest at Dorter. Also there is... really no reason to be using Dorter Trade explicitly, there will be more sidequests then Bounties. I'll try to include a Treasure Hunting quest (I have a rather sizable one planned for late chapter 3), as well as some protection missions along with Timed Missions, now to get to Cheetah's question...

You recall the original plans for the Bar events we spoke of the other day? Well, it's a very similar concept, low speed and when that unit's turn comes up the battle ends, immediately, through a midbattle event. Simple as that. So yes, that idea you mentioned can indeed be done Cheetah.

Also fellows, keep in mind, that you can place sidequests anywhere you'd like on the map, while the main quest is (because it's already written...) following the normal path, these sidequests can occur anywhere one wishes it to be so.

Art of War

boomkick

July 12, 2009, 01:30:10 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Im putting this in a spoiler just in case people dont want to know what is going to happen.

Every Chapter

Hunted

Activation Method- For Chapter 1 it is already activated, the other Chapters it is activated midway.

Location- There are 4 places where the encounter will take place. Igros, Zarghidas Trade City, Warjilis Trade City, and Riovanes Castle.

Events-

Im going to edit this later.

If you dont to get spoiled dont read it, otherwise go ahead.

PX_Timefordeath

July 12, 2009, 01:51:22 pm #7 Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:43:18 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Chapter 2

Elder Brother?

Must go to Igros Castle before Aruguay Battle

Igros, map where Algus talks about his family history and Delita re-unites with Teta.

While shopping around at Igros, Ramza and Rad happen to get mistaken for thieves and taken to the Castle. While in prison, Gaffgarion comes and busts you out. While escaping, at said map a gate happens to be blocking your path. One of your inmates, a thief, knows how to pick the lock on the gate, but it will take some time. However, a shadow silhouette of Ramza's elder brother(Choose one or both) calls over some guards to capture them. And battle ensues.

Protect the thief until he gets his turn. As soon as he does, the battle ends and you run away. The thief thanks you for helping him escape, and runs off. Then Ramza has some a self conversation. Feel free to do whatever you want to this.

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 04:56:44 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"
Chapter 2

Elder Brother?

Must go to Igros Castle before Aruguay Battle

Igros, map where Algus talks about his family history and Delita re-unites with Teta.

While shopping around at Igros, Ramza and Rad happen to get mistaken for thieves and taken to the Castle. While in prison, Gaffgarion comes and busts you out. While escaping, at said map a gate happens to be blocking your path. One of your inmates, a thief, knows how to pick the lock on the gate, but it will take some time.

-EDIT LATER-

Interesting... but how do either Dycedarg or Zalbag not recognize their little brother? Or is it just an officer? Heh, Elder Brother... I'm curious to know what you do with this, alright sounds good. Though I'm afraid that this can't be done before Araguay, or trying to leave Igros would activate the event, now there is a way to make it so this event would occur if you try to buy something yet not have enough money while in Igros... Would fit the role of Thief pretty well.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

July 12, 2009, 05:32:36 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Well, it's your story. It's just there to provide more back story. So feel free to edit it however you want. Also, it pretty much has to happen before Zirekile, to make more sense.

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 05:44:35 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Also, I was thinking of an event, quite difficult to activate, which can only be activated if you get the "no items to sell" text from the Shopkeeper, where you become poor vagrants, for a while (two or three battles), and obtain a Treasure at the end of it. Of course I could be cruel and put it as a Chapter 4 quest, heh.... no, first chapter is fitting.

But would people find it worth it? This is selling your unique Enhancer sword after all.

Art of War

Redux

July 12, 2009, 05:52:13 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Also, I was thinking of an event, quite difficult to activate, which can only be activated if you get the "no items to sell" text from the Shopkeeper, where you become poor vagrants, for a while (two or three battles), and obtain a Treasure at the end of it. Of course I could be cruel and put it as a Chapter 4 quest, heh.... no, first chapter is fitting.

But would people find it worth it? This is selling your unique Enhancer sword after all.
Maybe a powered up enhancer could be the reward? You steal back the enhancer after some invokers buy it off the Shopkeeper?

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 06:00:33 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh, nice idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that, or... could it be a choice? (Enhancer is the last connection Ramza has to Balbanes) Ramza despite a few changes to his character, is still Ramza, I think I'll let the player choose to take back the Enhancer or not (with repercussions for both choices later on)

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

July 12, 2009, 06:10:45 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Maybe a series of battle because Rad or Ramza falls in love, and does a series of stupid things for her. And then gets rejected right after.?

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 06:16:44 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! It would be light hearted, Ramza is a bit closed in... but it could work, the girl would need to be interesting at least. Something other then beauty since Ramza is always well maintained, in that regards.

Art of War

mav

July 12, 2009, 06:23:30 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Wouldn't it be easier to give Rad the love interest? It could add an extra layer of dimension to his character...

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 06:34:18 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yes, yes it would be easier to give Rad the love interest, Ramza never seemed interested in such matters.

Art of War

mav

July 12, 2009, 07:00:03 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Heh, you should borrow from A Midsummer Night's Dream--with Rad acting in Lysander's role, his love interest acting in Hermia's role, a suitor of hers acting as Demetrius, some other woman acting as Helena. This sidequest could easily be broken up into five or six quests, over the course of the four chapters. And it would obviously be fleshed out and reworked to fit within the confines of this project and the game itself...

I dunno, maybe this would be too obvious...or unconventional.

boomkick

July 13, 2009, 02:22:55 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Ok edited version of above spoiler sidequest

Every Chapter

Hunted

Activation Method- For Chapter 1 it is already activated, the other Chapters it is activated midway and the completion of the previous event.

Location- There are 4 places where the encounter will take place. Igros, Zarghidas Trade City, Warjilis Trade City, and Riovanes Castle.

Events- Every time Gaffy's team enters the city listed above (when unlocked), they will encounter a unavoidable sidequest. A hooded figure will show up in all four places and teleport Gaffy's team (after some differing dialog per chapter) to a battle. They will be transported to Araguay Woods, Underground Colliery (where u fight Izlude), END in Deep Dungeon, and Graveyard of Airships, respectfully.

In each battle the hooded figure will summon Enemies Ramza, Rad, and Gafgarion, all at a higher level and gear. Gaffy's team will have to fight these "copy" mercenaries and the hooded figure and defeat them to win each sidequest.

Note: Every battle that in sues will be the same, enemy wise. Every battle will contain Ramza, Rad, and Gafgarion on both sides. Obviously the enemy side will be much much stronger.

After each defeat Gaffy's team will gain trophies and gil depending on the Chapter fought. Only the Chapter 4 battle will be set trophies and be extremely hard.

LastingDawn

July 13, 2009, 02:38:49 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Interesting... I like it Boomkick! Do you plan anymore for the old man?

Art of War