• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:31:17 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

7 portraits in 7 days

Started by Lijj, January 28, 2013, 08:01:50 pm

Mobius

Quote from: Lijj on February 04, 2013, 12:24:38 am
Glad you like the super minor edit. It can show a lot more than babbling on about smoothing pixels etc.

Today's: A generic archetypical wizard who needs a pipe:

I had it wrong.. tomorrow afternoon/eve will be 7 days, so I'll do one more then I think I'm done. It's been great practice thus far.

Damned be this telepathy thing!

I was just doing Gandalf, ser! *Rage*

But damn it actually looks so good. Great job.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Kagebunji

Ah, Adol. Kinda sucks he is a silent protagonist, but I like how it turned out, good job man. Change Wizard's hat to grey, and e have an awesome Gandalf Grey, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Quote from: Mobius on February 04, 2013, 12:53:04 am
Damned be this telepathy thing!

I was just doing Gandalf, ser! *Rage*

Aw dangit! I didn't meant to psychically vamp your idea :p.. If the next one I do turns out to be pretty much the same idea then.. I'll freak out; that'd be spooky.
But, it would be cool to see another old man. We don't have enough of them; you can still do Gandalf. maybe a side-view or something.
Glad you like it.

Kage, Thank you.. you're right I didn't really think of him that way. Then again, I've only played Ys III and that was like 15 yrs ago... Fun game
  • Modding version: PSX

MiKeMiTchi

February 04, 2013, 05:39:38 am #83 Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:51:51 am by MiKeMiTchi
@jimmy
Unconventional port there. I like what you did to her hair. Not sure if you got the right face shape for that angle though. It appears like she has a nose. ;D

@twin
yeah, I noticed that as well. Gonna fix that. EDIT: Fixed!

@celdia
GJ! I like the improvement on her. Keep it up. Still, I can imagine a better port if the hair colors had more contrast on them.

@croz
Hmm.. I can't say they are good as of now, but keep going. Eventually, when you grasp the style, you'll do just great. ;)

@lijj
Great as usual. Adol's eyebrow needs more attitude! Also, I see what you did there to the wizard! You hid his neck!

Day 6. 2nd Mix and Match attempt.
Proof that all you need to have is the reference sheet (mostly for beginners), to easily create your own port.
No custom parts here. All are taken from the reference sheet. I used 9 different ports for reference.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

Lijj ~ Great job. Yes, we have GANDALF!! Lol.

Mike ~ That's one great mix and match. Yes, totally agreed. This show anyone can play around with the existing to make your own custom. There's no need to make custom part to be custom. Well done. As for Garnet, yes she does has a nose =)
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

I think  this is technically 7 days since I first posted.. but I will post 1 or two more. And anyone willing to post more great; I kinda hope this thread lingers on for a bit.

Mitchi: Good job!  I would guess it's at least partially custom; well put together.
I will try to give Adol more 'tude (at least in the eyebrows), and post along with day 7's; but I might have to delay day 7. I'm not sure if I will have time today to do anything. And yes.. no neck, no problem.

Jimmy: Ty.. glad you like him. The old man/gandolf clone was good practice.

Mobius

Hey, how about making a chart listing all the portraits everyone made all lined up from one to seven on the first page?

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Lijj

I will definitely do that but was going to let it linger on for a couple more days in hopes of gathering a little more.. But I can just put up a big image and edit it if more are added later. So I will do that tonight/ early morning.

Day 7.25 (just messing around with the concept); Crazy old time mage with a typical wizard hat. Just a hat edit of the last one:

And very light Adol edit (eybrows and a tiny bit elsewhere):

Edit: I forgot I edited the lines on this guys forehead a bit too:

MiKeMiTchi

Now that my long weekend is over, the stage is closed for me. Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them. :)

Lijj, I like those star shapes on that hat. Nice details. On Adol, although his eyebrow is more noticeable now, it could still be better if it's one shade darker.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kagebunji

Well, this sure was an interesting week, heh. It was awesome seeing all the new and cool pieces here.

I could definitly see more of such things happening, heh.

GeneralStrife

Bearded alma? Oh you didn't...

Lijj

February 05, 2013, 06:44:25 pm #91 Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:21:00 pm by Lijj
heheh.. freaky bearded Alma is freaky.

Alright I will post a list of all contributions later.. I need to meet someone and do a lil work but once I'm done I will do it. I hope to see 1 or 2 more before then.
I managed to finish who I started last night as well... so late day 7:

Cool-cool-Cool-x AKA Culex; just look at that million-dollar smile: EDIT( acouple of things):

Lijj

February 06, 2013, 06:55:21 am #92 Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:13:10 pm by Lijj
Welcome to FFH and feel free to post anytime.. you did well. I think you could grasp it quickly.

Kagebunji

I would like to welcome all the new members that joined recently here. It's always awesome to see new faces, heh.

Celdia

Quote from: Kagebunji on February 06, 2013, 10:42:17 am
It's always awesome to see new faces, heh.

See new faces. New portrait thread.
I see what you did there, Kage.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

:more: :more: :more:
Phil-J, Croz, Jean D'Eve,  .. indeed, thanks a lot for joining and the posts.

Kagebunji

Heh, isn't her hair facing different directoin in your portrait? Anyway, I like the flower in her hair, looks cute. I could give you better advices through editing your port to show you some basic FFT style principles, let me know on the PMs if you are interested.

Kagebunji

I was saying it based on reference art you posted, and clearly it is different there. It may be different in-game, but when looking at the ref it's wrong, heh.

Celdia

I like the idea of Momohime in FFT style. That's a good first attempt by any standards, I'd think. Of course I'd like to see it refinished with the proper proportions and whatnot for FFT style but I'm always like that.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric