• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

January 14, 2014, 06:05:03 pm #2841 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:08:13 pm by Otabo
Even though I haven't updated Spellstorm in a long time, they still work well together. This match was pretty interesting overall. Got the upper hand first in R1, but the geo getting frogged in round 2 = I knew I lost that round; she's a major part of the team's damage. The counter magicked Frog, and said frogged wizard frogging my geomancer for payback in round 3 was epic, though. And 535 damage Flares? Talk about overkill. GG, Reinoe.

Both rounds, wizard did the heavy lifting with her AoE. They quickly forced Zotis on the defensive with AoE + some status and he couldn't recover. Though paladin didn't do much, the team really didn't need her. Also, both maps were really good for Redworld.

Otabo

January 14, 2014, 07:49:34 pm #2843 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:17:53 pm by Otabo
Soon as I saw I was against Redworld's team, I knew I was in for a grand spanking. I literally just watched this team (read: Redworld's wizard) beat Zotis's Medusa team, and then I was like, "Welp, as soon as she gets in range of my female units, it's curtains. That wizard is just...wow. She could've soloed my team and still beat them; Samurai and chemist be damned. Good game. :D

Elmdork

January 14, 2014, 09:02:01 pm #2844 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:29:09 am by Rouroni Elmdor
thanks for the feature, truelight!

they behave a little funny... but after all is said and done, you fenire have the better team. my damage on the oracles still isn't very good... or rather as good as i would like it. think i need to give my physical oracles 70 brave... but  that's a double edge sword and they're squishy as it is. how did silentkaster get his oracle to do 350? i really don't wanna bite anybody, but our oracles are nearly identical..other than his doing 100 damage more :/

GG fenire, you earned that victory!

Edit: the ladies have had what's hopefully their final touch. well, except the kind that makes money.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

TrueLight

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on January 14, 2014, 09:02:01 pm
thanks for the feature, truelight!

they behave a little funny... but after all is said and done, you fenire have the better team. my damage on the oracles still isn't very good... or rather as good as i would like it. think i need to give my physical oracles 70 brave... but  that's a double edge sword and they're squishy as it is. how did silentkaster get his oracle to do 350? i really don't wanna bite anybody, but our oracles are nearly identical..other than his doing 100 damage more :/

GG fenire, you earned that victory!

It could be that the target had higher brave or the Oracle had good/best compact with the target. Those are just some factors that could explain why his Oracle is doing more damage than yours.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zotis

Well that was incredibly, unexpectedly, awkward... *sigh*

I mean... I like the direction I'm heading with the team, but yeah... it just really wasn't as polished as I thought it was, and super weak to magic damage.

Reks

SWA has changes and is ready for some matches.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

ShadowDragon15

Zotis:

Good match, sir. I was impressed with the quirkiness of your team. As Barren said, it may need some work, but I'm sure you can make the team wrap up well and work together much better. I was definitely unhappy with healing parts of your team with Shadow Shade, but I'm surprised my mage took the battles by the horns dished out some damage.

Otabo:

You have a very good team, glad I got to face it. your speed literally kills... if there is one more weakness I have to add on, it's that my team has a  hard team against speed boosters if they are given too much time. Thanks for the battles!

Dokurider:

Again, your speed kills, but as my first SCC, and my first SCC team battle, I wasn't expecting to do all that well. You showed very well that my major weakness is putting some revival on my team. I knew that going in, but I thought my samurai would work well enough together initially to at least avoid it for a while. in the end, you got me with Stigma Magic and Charms. Thieves are starting to annoy me.
Strategy is just magical.

reinoe

Quote from: Reks on January 15, 2014, 05:00:17 am
SWA has changes and is ready for some matches.

I'd like to see SWA vs Short Circuit.  It's a match I've wanted to see for a long time but it would have been unfair before.  Now that your units have armor break and weapon break I think it would be a balanced match.
My dreams can come true!

Fenire

So many videos! Thanks for all the hard work guys.
it was mice to see a rematch of our fight Reinoe Elmdor. As for projectile guard I now count it 1 to 1. I have to see more matches before I decide if I keep it.

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Fenire

Wow those geomancers ... just wow. Very efficient absorb team.

ShadowDragon15

I would like to see my "My Lady Love's Emotions" team get some action, since I updated that one as well. thanks!
Strategy is just magical.

Fenire

I have a new team that could use a match, and I have yet to face shadowdragon15.

Malroth

When a lore team wins they win very dramatically

reinoe

Quote from: reinoe on January 15, 2014, 11:53:46 am
I'd like to see SWA vs Short Circuit.  It's a match I've wanted to see for a long time but it would have been unfair before.  Now that your units have armor break and weapon break I think it would be a balanced match.

Just go ahead and dismiss everything I've ever said in the balance thread.  I clearly don't know anything about balance.  Also I'm never requesting another match because I suck at picking matchups.
My dreams can come true!

Fenire

Never say never... Someone had to say it...

Reks

January 16, 2014, 04:11:56 am #2859 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:06:08 am by Reks
Wow, not doing Ice absorb bit me right in the ass.

NOTE: I'll do something with them tomorrow. To unstable right now.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128