• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:50:09 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Elmdork

January 11, 2014, 09:04:05 pm #2821 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:10:05 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Wow, look at all the videos! thanks truelight and barren, you guys are hard working dudes. sometimes i can't believe this place exists, it's unfortunate front mission 3 doesn't have a following like this.

That was one of the more interesting battles of my final fantasy career. I thought is was funny that a completely naked angry bitch still posed a threat. butt neked. i have to conform and go with the ivory rod, the elemental stuff messes with the spellbreaker, and in the end it will be more damage. also they're god AWFULLY slow. i'll change one to a time magic user (since it's a great opportunity to have an effective time mage that isn't squishy) and slow isn't a bad spell to toss into the plethora of status, in fact it's necessary.

GG otabo! i look forward to the next one. your draw out mediator is a personal favourite.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Fenire

January 11, 2014, 10:38:23 pm #2822 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:01:10 am by Fenire
Thanks for the great videos guys. It is really exciting seeing so many new players and their respective teams.
I just Finished my first SCC team and was hoping someone would do a video,preferable against Rouroni Elmdor's SCC team, of it.

silentkaster

Wow, saw that fight with Rouroni's SCC...great team Rouroni. That lone oracle was so pissed off at that Squire in Round 3...chasing him up the building. She was like, "Awww hell nah you did not break my ****!" That was pretty awesome. Great team for you too, Otabo...I want to see how my Thieves Guild does against it, actually. Your builds are always so unique and outside the box...love them!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Otabo

January 12, 2014, 07:41:37 pm #2824 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:48:42 pm by Otabo
Quote from: silentkaster on January 12, 2014, 06:06:14 pm
Wow, saw that fight with Rouroni's SCC...great team Rouroni. That lone oracle was so pissed off at that Squire in Round 3...chasing him up the building. She was like, "Awww hell nah you did not break my ****!" That was pretty awesome. Great team for you too, Otabo...I want to see how my Thieves Guild does against it, actually. Your builds are always so unique and outside the box...love them!

Yeah, that squire is probably one of my favorite units out of all of my teams. And thanks. Yeah I tend to make teams that may seem strange or weird to others, but they're usually effective if against the right kind of teams, or not if they don't get outright countered. I also tend to go for setups that aren't optimized for damage or consistency. Depending on the team concept, they're usually set up that way for whatever reason.

Elmdork

Oh boy, i was scared to watch that, especially since i knew you couldn't have got the update in time. my physical oracles are flawed, even though they do 285 damage consistently, they'd rather use yin yang magic. one got ivory rod and red shoes the other time magic. bitches be hookers with their boots and perfumes.

as mentioned i was afraid to watch that, but i'm surprised to see how well they actually did. perhaps with the update, they could even stand a good chance against similar concepts in the future. haste/slow is the only way i can get them at a competitive speed. not having instant heal (though water absorb would be a decent idea) is a real bitch, and they wasted a lot of mp on failed cures.

GG fenire. that is a team to fear!

Fenire

January 13, 2014, 11:23:53 am #2827 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:51:32 am by Fenire
Thanks for the video Barren.
Projectile guard worked exactly as planned protecting the female archer from charm.
that was an intense match up. I knew going in that statuses are a big weakness of my team, and that is why I chose your team for my SCC team's debut. The archer sandbagging with stigma magic saved my ass in round one. Your oracles almost had me there in round one.
the archers are actually the archers from two of my other teams with some slight changes to sync them better. I had to sacrifice some damage on the male archers and take away one move, but I was able to boost their speed by 1 in the process and make them undead. I used MP Restore because it gets set off more often so my male archer can use haste 2 more than once. I had to take one speed off the spell gun archers for 108 gems because I had to give the black costumes to the male archers due to the lack of shields. I know projectile guard will work against the spell gunners ability to heal one another, but the male archers have less range so they will hopefully take the brunt of assault. I chose archers for my first SCC team because I love their one two punch. Other than the spell gunners pilgrimage the team is setup to do as much damage as possible right from round one. I have experimented in the past with PA/MA builders and found that it is more effective, in my opinion, to maximize starting damage and use protection/healing reaction abilities. I might switch PA Save on the one archer for HP Restore.

silentkaster

Heh, we were soundly beaten I'm afraid...oh well. I changed the team now, and I knew it had some flaws, but I wanted to see our units as originally built perform before I changed anything :)

Changed a few things about mine...hers I left alone as she hasn't directed me to change anything :)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

oh i forgot, barren. you noted they got wall now, i thought they'd use it more proactively, but you get what you get. they would have had it on steel basilisk, but i have 2 reflect users, so i used shell 2 and protect 2 which hits everyone (which i may consider giving to the ladies)

Thanks again for all the features! They have been enlightening, and now the ladies are even deadlier.

Fenire

reinoe

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on January 14, 2014, 08:58:45 am
oh i forgot, barren. you noted they got wall now, i thought they'd use it more proactively, but you get what you get. they would have had it on steel basilisk, but i have 2 reflect users, so i used shell 2 and protect 2 which hits everyone (which i may consider giving to the ladies)

Thanks again for all the features! They have been enlightening, and now the ladies are even deadlier.

Wall, along with shell, protect, and Regen are things the computer won't use proactively.  A unit needs to be damaged before it will be used, and by then the A.I. might place healing as a higher priority.
My dreams can come true!

Otabo

True that.

If you really need shell/protect, you're probably better off using something like Cherche and/or Setiemson instead. On the plus side, they'll always be active until you run into a team running Steal Accessory (which is actually a lot of teams).

Barren

Maintenance helps if you're scared of breaks and steals
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

My mage team uses shell 2 and/or protect 2 pretty early game.

Otabo

Quote from: Barren on January 14, 2014, 01:50:01 pm
Maintenance helps if you're scared of breaks and steals

Indeed. With all of the breaks/Steal Accessory I've been noticing lately, it's a shame that hardly anyone uses it. I'm like, the only person here who uses Maintenance on a semi-regular basis. Because I treasure my equipment that much. :lol:

Oh, by the way Barren, whenever you get a chance to, could I get a match with my Divas team? Doesn't matter who it's against. Thanks in advance.

Malroth

It depends on the unit for me,  If its a Setiemnson wearing white magic oracle You can bet she's using Defense up not Maintenance because katar thieves 1hkoing 40 fury units are a thing.  Summon magic Time mage?  Probably short Charge because 9-10 speed casters need help with that sometimes.    But if its a Undead Monk/Samurai/Lancer/Paladin   you can bet i'm running maintenance.

Barren

I used maintenance on my mediator back in season 2 so she wouldn't be vulnerable to breaks though I did have to sacrifice a bit of her defense but hey it did prevent some sneaky tactics at least. And yes Otabo I will grant you your request
You dare cross blades with me?

ShadowDragon15

I wouldn't mind my Darkness Rises team going against Otabo's Divas team.
Strategy is just magical.

Zotis

I could use a match with Medusa, I made significant changes.