• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Bug/Glitch Discussions

Started by Cheetah, September 12, 2009, 04:55:46 am

Cheetah

Current Projects:

Fenrir90

Entry 163 Error - An extra m after battle. Bolded the error.

{0xEC96}         {Color 08}Ondoria Atkascha III{Color 00}{Newline}
         18th monarch in the Atkascha line, Ondoria III{Newline}
         was crowned after Denamda IV's death in the{Newline}
final days of the Fifty Years' War. In stark contrast to{Newline}
his predecessor, who personally led men into battlem {Newline}
Ondoria III was frail, weak-willed, and generally ill-{Newline}
suited to his position. He contracted the Black Death and{Newline}
died after seven days and nights of fevered suffering.

Entry 23 Error - Just an odd observation... Delita's Personae portrait: Entry 23 shows Delita's Holy Knight portrait, but at this point. Delita starts using his Arc Knight portrait within the game's story. It was also like this in the original. Honestly, it should be showing the Delita's Arc Knight portrait. I believe you get this after the screen with Orran rushing into Ovelia's room. I didn't pay attention... Just notice after I pass that point.

LordRahl86

October 10, 2013, 02:17:15 am #62 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:27:03 am by LordRahl86
Not sure if anyone still reading these boards, as the last post is over 2 years old.

I have a couple of ingame issues that are pretty consistent (don't have screen shots to provide, kind of slipped my mind will provide later if need be).

For one, on the world map, if Im not moving the cursor, the map itself blacks out and I can only see the points on it, no lines in between either.

Second, during the story times, where there is text scrolling on the screen, it does 2 things:
1: does not disappear and overwrites the previous bit so you cannot read any of it.
2: the chat boxes from the previous scenes will make their way into it, further blocking text readability.

Third, in the menu screens, There's graphical glitches abound (1 screen shot of said bug attached)

Eternal

These are common emulator errors. Certain graphical settings and frame skip settings will fix it, but it's nothing to be concerned about.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

LordRahl86

Okay.  Was wondering if it was just me and figured Id better post just in case.

Any idea what settings to change? (Im on ePSXe 1.8 with the Pete's D3D plugin)

Eternal

This should help, hopefully. Not sure if it'll fix the skillset window bug though. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.0
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Angel

I'm surprised you're still getting the map black error in 1.8, which was supposedly updated to behave itself with FFT. But then again, 1.8 also destroys my save data, and I'm never touching it again.

PCSX-Reloaded with the default video plugin has no graphical issues with FFT whatsoever. Same with pSX. And Xebra. Really, ePSXe is the least desirable emulator to be using.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

LordRahl86

I've never had any issues, and it's more of a "Ive been using this one forever and didn't look into an alternative" Also, thanks for the link and info guys.  :)