• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:10:12 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, December 20, 2012, 10:33:32 pm

Malroth

at least its easier than the 6 way tie that was a possibility in block A.

Barren

If there is a three way tie at three wins, one loss, the points earned in the round robin determine final placing.

Here's what I think: Since Eternal did go into Round 4 3-0 while Dokurider and Toshiko were 2-1, What if we use the Tie Breaker Round to make another round robin. Dokurider and Toshiko will square off first then the loser has to face Eternal first then Eternal will face the winner afterwards.

If Eternal wins both times against Dokurider and Toshiko then he'll advance. If Eternal loses both times then he's out then Dokurider and Toshiko will have one final encounter to advance in the semi finals.

To clarify what I'm saying, for example, Dokurider won against Toshiko and Eternal then Dokurider will automatically win the tie breaker. Likewise for Toshiko.

If this sounds complicated or unfair, please let me know of a better solution because I want this to be fair for every one involved in the tie. If I'm missing something in that solution please also let me know. I might have to do it in Block's C & D pending on how it goes

Thank you everyone for enjoying this tournament so far

http://www.ehow.com/how_8449574_break-threeway-ties.html
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

The speed advantage really helped me out overall and my Ninjas dodged some lethal Draw Outs/sword slashes. There were some separation issues at the beginning of both rounds, but the units got revived in the end. GG Dol, sorry about ruining your semi-final chances  :|

As always, thanks for the quick videos Barren. Time to sit back and enjoy the semi-finals.
  • Modding version: PSX

The Damned

(Just as planned. [/Death Note])

Weirdly, the Dol vs. Truelight video cut off as around 8:30~ for me around the first time, but simply re-opening the window fixed the problem.

So Avalanche came closer to beating AeroGP than I thought, which...isn't saying much really. Yeah....

Maybe the tie-breaker's more interesting terrain will allow him to win, especially Volcano's.

Yeah, Kagesougi.... Yeah....

Well, if nothing else, Pride gets the distinction of having the most one-sided match of the entire tournament. "Congrats".

Thanks for the speed of things Barren.

I suppose tomorrow's Block's fight between CT5Holy & Malroth will determine whether ever Block needs a Tie-Breaker or "only" three of them do.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Malroth

Honestly this is how i expected all the matches vs the scholar team to go 

TrueLight

January 19, 2013, 12:22:35 am #147 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:17:49 am by TrueLight
Those Geomancers just went in and got the job done.

Wizards had their chances but couldn't put down the female Archers. Cover Fire did wonders as the Wizards grouped up. Pretty soon the Magic Gunners started to go on the offense

Those Monks showed some strong DPS. Earth Slash did quite the lethal damage. 520 damage...

With that, the first 4 rounds have been completed. Here is everyone's overall record :

VireBlaze 2-6 (1-3)
Taichii 3-6 (1-3)
DomieV 4-4 (2-2)
Jumza 5-5 (2-2)
Vigilanti 6-3 (3-1)
Celdia 7-3 (3-1)

Reinoe 2-6 (1-3)
The Damned 5-4 (2-2)
Reks 1-8 (0-4)
Dokurider 7-2 (3-1)
Toshiko 7-5 (3-1)
Eternal 6-3 (3-1)

Dol 4-6 (2-2)
Pride 1-8 (0-4)
Angelus 5-4 (2-2)
TrueLight 5-5 (2-2)
AeroGP 7-2 (3-1)
Avalanche 6-3 (3-1)

FDC 5-4 (2-2)
CT5Holy 5-4 (2-2)
Raven 2-6 (1-3)
NinjaWeazel 0-8 (0-4)
Otabo 7-4 (3-1)
Malroth 8-1 (4-0)

Eternal

Thanks for the videos, Barren!

Good luck to Doku and Jupi in our tiebreaker. I expect to beat Jupi, but not Doku. Oh well, my Mediators put up a decent showing.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Malroth

Me vs CT5 Holy

Man those black mages had some scary offense, That first match had me really worried at first but then i really lucked out on the turn order and Rambo got turns exactly when the Black mages were bunched up in the chokepoint. Good timing from breaks and status hits sealed the deal.  Honestly I think the deciding factor was that Haste 2 at the beginning.

Malroth

Celdia vs vigalanti tie breaker

another excitingly close match decided by a few CT and % chance of success. Both teams Deal a lot of damage and almost every attack made in that match was garuanteed to 1hko the opponent. In this paticular case more revival beat out shorter charge times but it easily could have swung the other direction.

TrueLight

Vigilanti had the bad luck in the first match-up. Celdia had the bad luck in this match-up. I guess it's fair...

The Damned

(Thanks, Truelight. It's...weird having a much better record than I expected, both comparatively and considering the class I was using. Hmmm....)

Wow. I totally forgot to watch Block D of Round 4 until today because of what a pain in the ass recording has been this weekend. Thankfully, Round as a whole went even more quickly than I expected.

I chuckled immediately upon hearing X-23's theme on the second match. It's such a wonderfully girly song to point it's kind of a guilty pleasure.

Nothing much to say here except that I think that's first time I've even seen Grand Cross catch three enemies at once, much less Blind of all of them.

CT5Holy's Wizards put a much better effort than I expected in the first round, partly because of the starting terrain though, hey, that's totally a legitimate aspect for him. Other than that, yeah...spellguns.

As much as I dislike current spellguns, I must give Malroth respect for actually using magick with his spellguns though. The chance of seeing Archers with any type of non-spellgun-based magick that isn't Draw Out is basically the same as seeing a real unicorn, so good job for making it work.

Yeah, I expected formerdeathcorps's team to hit to hard for Raven's team to be able to "sandbag" against, especially with one of them permanently slowed. I didn't expect formerdeathcorps's Monks to hit that hard, but hey, crits happen. Usually, they happen to me though, but I'm not going to complain that they didn't this time. Still, 520? Geez.

That means that Block D ends as the only without a tie-breaker, as I expected. Speaking of expectations, aside from Jumza vs. DomieV and technically my ultimate predictions, everything more or less went "just as planned".

Speaking of that which can be predicted, the first tie-breaker doesn't fall into such a pattern.

Having just watched this, I still can't get over the fact that literally every Death spell hit. This despite all of Belgemine's having only a 49% chance of hitting. Then again, it seems like Belgemine personally stole Vigilanti's luck back between those Deaths, "dodging" a 92% Raise 2 and hitting with that 55% Frog the first time around.

Still, it's not like Celdia went quietly into the night or anything. I literally looked away from the match for 30 seconds during Round 2 because I'm currently editing videos still and Celdia murdered three Summoners in less time than that. So, yeah. Despite Squires having some issues (not like Summoners don't), you did well, Celdia.

It's just that Vigilanti's Summoners did better, this time, which makes him the only mage user to get out of a block.

Congrats to Celdia & Vigilanti for making it this far in the first place. As always, thanks Barren.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Vigilanti

You know I got to say the summoner squad is a lot more effective than I would give them credit for. Especially since they do have HP issues. but still I'm happy with my performance so far considering my history of bad performances in tourneys lol.

That tie breaker match is one of my favs so far. Celdia, you put up a good fight in this one. GG, it was a fun match

TrueLight

January 21, 2013, 08:17:40 pm #159 Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:24:40 pm by TrueLight
Thanks to charm, Dokurider was able to buy some time until the undead Thieves resurrected and finished the job. Eternal then finished off Toshiko with the power of the magic guns. Eternal got off to a good start against Dokurider, but then charm really screwed him over.

Lava Ball FTW. It's been awhile since I've seen Lava Ball and the dead procs really helped out Avalanche in round 1. The Chemists regrouped in round 2 and just basically used their range advantage to snipe down the Geomancers. The missed Raise 2 sealed Avalanche's comeback chance in round 3.