• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:09:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, December 20, 2012, 10:33:32 pm

Dokurider

Can't honestly say this was a surprise. Low HP Mages versus high damage guns and the mages just didn't have enough defenses against Guns. Not much else can be said.

Reks failed completely to bring any kind of status protection, most notably, Silence. It allowed Reinoe to completely shut down Reks and just toy with the poor Bards. It was like a Torture movie rendered in game form.

And as I predicted, I lost. It seems my team's greatest weakness are teams that as fast or faster that me. As long as they can deal some kind of damage, they can win. There was also some serious luck in play here with Mimic Daravon and Death Sentence. Regardless, you've done well Toshiko. GG

reinoe

It's interesting because stylistically, Ninjas and Thieves are very similar.  Furthermore these two teams both utilized a slew of status effects to complement their abilities.  The ninja's status effects tended to pan out better.  After the brutalization my team faced against the Thieves, I thought for sure the Thieves would go undefeated in this round.  But still the teams were similar so it's no real shock that the ninja's pulled this out.  Curiously none of the ninjas used ninjitsu,the -tons, or kagesougi.

Well the mediators shot people for a ton of damage to the surprise of nobody.

Admittedly I thought I was going to lose round two when the double petrify went off.  That's because I thought the Oracle with Item was the one turned to stone.  So my team can win but only when everything is absolutely in my favor.  Ok I'll take it.  I was feeling a bit in the dumps when I realized I mad some errors on my team.
My dreams can come true!

Avalanche

Quote from: Barren on January 08, 2013, 07:48:22 pm
FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 3 Block B - Eternal vs The Damned

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 3 Block B - Reks vs reinoe

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 3 Block B - Toshiko vs Dokurider

Well two units with 1000 Range, 100% accuracy, one-hitting every enemy unit/full Hp-restore of friendly units.- Nothing more to say.

Nice use of the status spells

i like watching those Ninjas. Nice to see that they are even capable of winning battles

TrueLight

Those Time Mages tried their best to stay alive, but then the Short Edge started inflicting Oil. Then the gunners got in range and yeah...

Those Oracles can get nasty if given the chance.

The battle of speed. The Ninjas eventually overwhelmed the Thieves and they just couldn't recover.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dol

Quote from: Barren on January 11, 2013, 05:09:15 pm

Please wait for the match with Dol to be uploaded and processed, cause they are always long as hell. thanks for your patience
Fixed.

Sorry Barren, I know long matches arent much fun to cast and compile.  The late game setup was the only one I found that let the Samurai have a chance to compete against a variety of teams. 

You've done a great job with the tournament though, kudos to you! :)

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

TrueLight

Those Priest took lots of head shots...

Dol sandbags his way to victory. There were timely Bizen Boats and those Samurais accumulated lots of PA/MA

That went better than expected. Ninjas actually dodged some Draw Out in round 1 and the Geomancers couldn't put down my "healers." Unfortunately in rounds 2/3, my luck ran out. Small maps are brutal combined with Draw Out and my team couldn't tank long enough. Bizen Boat puts the dagger on my hopes of a comeback. GG Avalanche. 

The Damned

(For some reason I thought were at Block D already. Probably due to how hard I got my ass kicked [as I predicted].)

Hmmm...Dol's match isn't as long as I expected, thankfully. I think that goes doable after the match of DomieV's I recorded yesterday. Ugh. I'll try and have that up tonight.

I'll wait to comment on things until this Round ends as a whole.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Avalanche

January 12, 2013, 05:19:20 am #110 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:07:08 am by Avalanche
Quote from: Barren on January 11, 2013, 05:09:15 pm
FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 3 Block C - AeroGP vs Pride

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 3 Block C - Avalanche vs TrueLight

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 3 Block C - Dol vs Angelus

i knew exactly what happens before even Watch it. GG Magic Guns

M-Ev and Kagesugi won the first Match. Than after no Elemental status procs Geos got more lucky on round 3

oh 34. min again xD. But totaly worth watching, espeacialy Map 3 was very exciting

CT5Holy

Haha, when I saw the match was only 6 minutes, I thought I won for sure, especially after R1. But Salamander + low HP = problem. gg~
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Malroth

My physical attackers had good compat vs his team and my healers had bad compat, a bad combination for him concidering i both outsped him and had more status pressure

TrueLight

FDC just had too much DPS

That poor immortal Lancer. Gunners sniped from a distance and Cover Fire seals the deal.

Well timed Paralyzes really helped Otabo in his comeback.

Otabo

Quote from: CT5Holy on January 12, 2013, 09:30:52 pm

Haha, when I saw the match was only 6 minutes, I thought I won for sure, especially after R1. But Salamander + low HP = problem. gg~

That is exactly how I thought. I was like, "A six minute match - welp, I'm 1-2 now." GG, though.

The Damned

(Damn it, I had wanted to wait to comment on Round 3 as a whole until I watched all the matches, but I might forget this while I finally get around to watching Block C.)

Thanks for the videos and everything as always, Barren.

However, I think we may have a significant problem with CT5Holy vs. Otabo's match:

According to Gaignun's map divisions, which I'm only guessing you're going by (since that's what I've been going by for my videos), TERMINATE IS A LARGE MAP. This when the "tiebreaker" round is supposed to take place on a middle map.

That in and of itself might not be too problematic considering that CT5Holy won on the first Large map but then lost on the second one, but how he lost is also somewhat problematic. He lost largely because Counter Flood Sand Storm proc'd Stop instead of the Berserk it's "supposed" to proc, which his unit would have otherwise blocked due to Reflect Ring. That's not your fault, of course, but that just sits as rather "wrong" to me, especially when combined with the above and the match being rather close.

So...yeah. Not to instigate anything (for the hell of it), but it would nag me if I didn't say anything otherwise.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

CT5Holy

Quote from: The Damned on January 13, 2013, 01:42:45 am
However, I think we may have a significant problem with CT5Holy vs. Otabo's match:

According to Gaignun's map divisions, which I'm only guessing you're going by (since that's what I've been going by for my videos), TERMINATE IS A LARGE MAP. This when the "tiebreaker" round is supposed to take place on a middle map.

That in and of itself might not be too problematic considering that CT5Holy won on the first Large map but then lost on the second one, but how he lost is also somewhat problematic. He lost largely because Counter Flood Sand Storm proc'd Stop instead of the Berserk it's "supposed" to proc, which his unit would have otherwise blocked due to Reflect Ring. That's not your fault, of course, but that just sits as rather "wrong" to me, especially when combined with the above and the match being rather close.

There is no problem. I lost because, as I said, Salamander + Elemental easily killed off my low HP units.

Also, Terminate functions kinda like a small or medium map in that the teams reach each other quickly, and honestly it really doesn't matter.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Malroth

January 13, 2013, 11:46:16 pm #118 Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:12:42 am by Malroth
Mid Tournament scores

Vireblaze Samurai 1-2
Domie V Paladins 1-2
Jumza Dancers 2-1
Taichii Scholars 1-2
Celdia Squires 2-1
Vigalante Summoners 2-1

Eternal Mediators 3-0
The Dammed  Time mages 1-2
Reks  Bards  0-3
Reione Oracles    1-2
Toshiko Ninjas    2-1
Dokurider Thieves 2-1

Aero GP Chemists 2-1
Pride Priests 0-3
Avalanche Geomancers 3-0
Truelight Ninjas 1-2
Dol Samurai 2-1
Angelus scholars 1-2

Former Deathcorps Monks  1-2
Ninja Weasel  Priests 0-3
Malroth Archers 3-0
Raven of Razgriz  Lancers 1-2
CT5 Holy Blackmages 2-1
Otabo Squires       2-1

Barren

Otabo has Geomancers, not squires, but thank you for posting the scores so far

Anyone have any predictions going forward in this tournament? Round 4 is very pivotal for anyone who may be in the lead right nor or trying to catch up because 2-1 or 3-0 is not a safe lead by any means
You dare cross blades with me?