• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:45:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Dokurider

So for the first time in two years, I uploaded a video. Go me.

Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs DomieV(Famous Knights)

I decided to give Reks' team a test run so that he can make some possible revisions before the Damned puts him through the ringer.

Barren

Nice job on the video Dokurider. And don't worry about no music. This is actually a good match
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

A few small edits to Nuadiah. Otherwise, the team is good as I can see it until further testing WILL prove otherwise.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

The Damned

January 19, 2013, 10:02:52 pm #1923 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:17:54 pm by The Damned
(So...what I said about 11 PST...I obviously meant today. And I obviously meant EST.

And I obviously meant 10.)

I'm beginning to wonder when I became Charlie Brown or something, especially since I totally eschew strong Christian overtones and futilely trying to kick American footballs.

Anyway, with all the set-backs between the power going out, me idiotically unplugging my laptop when it was almost done converting the edited hour long video, getting distracted and waiting for Youtube to "stabilize" one of my videos, I have finally managed to get five of them done and up.

I was going to try get Jumza's up, but, uh, Dokurider, you gave me the older version of reinoe's team with Tornado again; PM incoming. So all five videos are of my teams fighting, unfortunately.

I "hope" you enjoy humiliating defeats! I know I do!

(Seriously, though, the second match is hilariously dumb due to Quickening, Charm & Mimed Self-Reraises. If nothing else, you'll learn to like Sonic remixes.)

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Strangers from the Lake) vs. The Damned (Save the Last Dance) [09:14]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Sonic Speed) vs. The Damned (Wager the Time of Your Life) [1:02:35]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. The Damned (Why is the Moon?) [11:02]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - The Damned (Those Who Do Not Fear Gods) vs. Otabo (Innocent Until Proven Guilty) [20:21]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - Ahong (All Kind Range Combat) vs. The Damned (Give Me Some Space, Roxas!) [30:27]

Seriously, though, everyone please thank Dokurider (for allowing me to torture you all). Between having to redo at least three or four videos, including the hour long one, for reasons that include E-rotic's "In The Heat of the Night" apparently making a video worthy of banning in some countries, his help is the most consistent thing I've had (beyond reinoe's moral support). So, yes, please thank him when you have the time, especially since I don't think I asked people to do this last time, which makes me feel like an asshole; please thank reinoe as well.

Anyway, I'll try to get up at least a couple of videos tomorrow, though since one of them is definitely going to be Raven's given how long he's had to wait, it might only be two depending upon how long it takes him to beat or be beaten.

After that, I'm probably taking a break for a week starting Tuesday.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

Quote from: The Damned on January 19, 2013, 10:02:52 pm
Between having to redo at least three or four videos, including the hour long one, for reasons that include E-rotic's "In The Heat of the Night" apparently making a video worthy of banning in some countries, his help is the most consistent thing I've had (beyond reinoe's moral support).

OCREMIX is your friend.
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

(In case it wasn't clear and since I can't remember if I asked for it for the very first time, everyone please thank Otabo and, especially, Barren [again] since I wouldn't have been able to do this with either of them. I just meant, after the whole "video set-up" thing, especially since they both have other things to do and can't baby me all the time. [/possibly necessary ass-covering])

Indeed, which is why I was sticking to video game music before that particular video and have been whoring OCRemix out (like Dragon Spirit has been to everyone else) in every video.

I just wanted to see if I could "get away" with something that isn't owned by MGM--wait, that's movies only, right?--or whatever "big name" audio studios usually get taken down.

Hmmm...I wonder if this thing extends to Japanese (anime) music.... I mean, it's not like I'll start having J-pop (or K-pop or any type of Asian pop [A-pop?]) suddenly blasting in the background regardless, but now I have to wonder how accurate their system is.... [/masochist]

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Avalanche

Quote from: Dokurider on January 20, 2013, 06:10:55 am
What happens when Quickening is taken to it's logical conclusion?

actually i think this Match revails an even greater Problem. The Immortility of a tanky Team with 2x Phöenix blade and 2 Undead Units

Malroth

Reminds me of when i last playtested "Going nowhere"  i wound up with 120 damage/hit wizanabus

Dokurider

I've made immortality teams before, and let me tell you, they are much easier to kill than you think. Immortality alone doesn't make a great team.

reinoe

January 20, 2013, 03:20:19 pm #1930 Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:46:19 pm by reinoe
Quote from: Avalanche on January 20, 2013, 07:16:28 am
actually i think this Match revails an even greater Problem. The Immortility of a tanky Team with 2x Phöenix blade and 2 Undead Units

I'm actually not convinced.  Team one was being spectacularly dumb.  I was pretty amazed that the mediator placed such low priority on healing her Charm/Berzerked/Don't Act wizard friend.  And the way the Archer kept moving right next to the one monk to hit with X-Potion instead of shooting with his longbow.  Maybe the problem with teams that spam quickening is that it improves the A.I.?
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Dokurider or Damned, I just updated all of my current teams. If you want, you may use any of my teams against anyone

The Damned

January 20, 2013, 09:34:42 pm #1932 Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:44:37 pm by The Damned
(Ugh. I'm so very forgetful. Good games to Ahong, Dokurider, Reks and Otabo [twice].)

I might as well respond to this before I leave since I'll forget after coming back from the store; my memory is obviously not so great.

Quote from: Barren on January 20, 2013, 08:21:35 pm
Dokurider or Damned, I just updated all of my current teams. If you want, you may use any of my teams against anyone

It would have to be Dokurider (or Otabo or someone else) if he (or she) is so available since, unfortunately, I still haven't been able to fix the Excel issue. That and I just asked Dokurider for a third card when I had only ever intended to ask him for one in the first, so...yeah. Sorry.

At present, the only team of yours I have fighting is a now slightly older version of your "I Like Books" team. I can skip that match if you want me to, though.

In a few hours, I should have Raven's and Jumza's redone matches up at least. Probably someone else's as well. I'm still not sure whose though. Maybe one of DarkxFatal's new teams since that's partly why I asked Dokurider for a third memory card in the first place.

Barren

I would prefer at this point to see my updated teams in action so yes hold back on it for now until you can get your issue with excel fixed Damned.

Ahong

GG too The Damned, well in the 3rd match is my 1st time for my team to have very very long match. I didn't think that even my Paladin could made such high damage even his Chaos Blade was broken.

Btw, please don't use my 2nd team "Bard & Dancer" for now, i'll update them in the next week.

The Damned

January 21, 2013, 07:07:33 pm #1935 Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:22:42 am by The Damned
(So noted.)

Ugh. Between the updated match between reinoe & Jumza taking thrice as long as the non-updated match, having to redo that match thrice when it came to editing due to audio issues and my Internet going out briefly, this was supposed to be up more than 12 hours ago. And then I woke up with a sore throat (despite getting a flu shot forever ago, unlike the people I live with), late, and have been having to wait for more than three hours for Youtube to "stabilize" two "shaky" videos, though still have no idea what the hell that actually means. (Stable EDIT: It finally appears to have finished "stabilizing".)

I'm just going to post this and "hope" that people can see the first part of Raven's match despite the "edit" supposedly still being in progress. Otherwise I'll probably just have to re-upload that too; fucking technology I swear....

(Speaking of which, stupid Camtasia and it arbitrarily lengthening audio even just by seconds. That really makes editing audio a lot more in the pain the ass than it should be. [/first world problems])

Anyway, my apologies:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - reinoe (Short Circuit) vs. Jumza (Down to Earth) 5 Rounds: Before Update [11:30]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - Jumza (Down to Earth) vs. reinoe (Short Circuit) 5 Rounds: After Update [37:47]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Underground) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Y CHIKEN SO DERICIOUS): Part 1 [31:17]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Underground) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Y CHIKEN SO DERICIOUS): Part 2 [10:06]

(Re-uploaded EDIT: All but the first video re-uploaded because apparently Youtube's "stabilizing" attempts screwed up three of my videos after wasting three of my hours. Hurray. Rule of three this Monday.)

Since these were supposed to be up yesterday, I'll still be posting videos for today. I'll try and do another batch of four, but we'll see how that goes since I intend for one of them be Wiz's third (and final) match.

It doesn't exactly help that people have been updating their teams now, even though they had no way of knowing, so it's just more bad luck on my part. Truelight's battle is now also invalid alongside Barren's and Ahong's, but CT5Holy at least didn't update the team of his I was and still am going to use, so yeah....

The Damned

(Ugh...I knew Monday would be annoying, but it seems to have gone out of its way to be a pain in the ass. Currently disputing a claim on Youtube that's totally unfounded and not even the right song, but it's probably going to end up biting me in the ass...like spending all of my break time on this stuff likely will later today.)

So...since no one told me (on the forums, since I've only checked my e-mail thrice this year) that the match between Reks & myself ended up having a shitty, wonky camera on Youtube, so I had to re-upload that. Apparently this was not because of Camtasia, but rather because of Youtube's incompetent attempts at "stabilizing" the video for whatever reason. You know, the same "stabilization" that I waited three hours for yesterday.

So...thanks.

As such, I ended up having to deal four videos and re-upload them, three of which can be seen in the edit above; sorry to have had to delete your comments, Dokurider & Jumza.

Anyway, I ended up doing 5 videos instead of 4 because I figured I might as well do reinoe's Windswept now instead of as the first thing when I came back, especially if I was doing LightningHax's since his team is rather similar:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Avalanche (MeDeum) vs. LightningHax (Old Strat, New Game) [15:42]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Losers) vs. Wiz ({S1}) [25:36]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Knights of Olde) vs. DomieV (Sword Masters) [19:00]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. CT5Holy (Mono-Squire Midrange) [25:29]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - Gaignun (Team Ninja) vs. reinoe (Windswept V2): 5 Rounds [22:29]

Anyway, I think I'll just leave list of other videos I've done so far here"

1. FFT ARENA 138d [Unpatched] - AeroGP (Snow Pirates) vs. Celdia (My Hat in The Ring) [12:20]

2. FFT ARENA 138d [Patched] - Malroth (Magic Dudes) vs. Gaignun (Patch Me) [12:03]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - Eternal (Guests) vs. dragonblade (Lost Souls) [33:16]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - CT5Holy (Ele Break) vs. Dokurider (Air Krieg) [08:26]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Secret New Team) vs. Wiz ({S1}): Part 1 [25:36]

6. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Secret New Team) vs. Wiz ({S1}): Part 2 [16:13]

7. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Heroic Good Guys) vs. The Damned (On if Maces of Zeus...) [15:55]

8. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Broken) vs. reinoe (Short Circuit) [10:36]

9. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Four Fangs) vs. feeldawrath (Team of Graces) [16:57]

10. FFT ARENA 138d - Angelus (Set of Bells) vs. Zalbagg (Dark Fire) [12:02]

11. FFT ARENA 138d - Barren (Hero Lancers)  vs. Otabo (Geo Dudes and Dudettes) [08:59]

12. FFT ARENA 138d - TrueLight (Black Viper) vs. CT5Holy (Tag!) [14:25]

13. FFT ARENA 138d - Barren (Hero Lancers) vs. Otabo (Neo Geos): Re-Uploaded [22:11]

14. FFT ARENA 138d - Wiz ({S1}) vs. DomieV (Famous Knights): Part 1 [25:55]

15. FFT ARENA 138d - Wiz ({S1}) vs. DomieV (Famous Knights): Part 2 [45:09]

16. FFT ARENA 138d - AeroGP (Inferno) vs. The Damned (Flurry of the Dancing Flames): Part 1 [22:22]

17. FFT ARENA 138d - AeroGP (Inferno) vs. The Damned (Flurry of the Dancing Flames): Part 2 [19:27]

18. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Strangers from the Lake) vs. The Damned (Save the Last Dance) [09:14]

19. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Sonic Speed) vs. The Damned (Wager the Time of Your Life) [1:02:35]

20. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. The Damned (Why is the Moon?): Re-Uploaded [11:02]

21. FFT ARENA 138d - The Damned (Those Who Do Not Fear Gods) vs. Otabo (Innocent Until Proven Guilty) [20:21]

22. FFT ARENA 138d - Ahong (All Kind Range Combat) vs. The Damned (Give Me Some Space, Roxas!) [30:27]

23. FFT ARENA 138d - reinoe (Short Circuit) vs. Jumza (Down to Earth) 5 Rounds: Before Update [11:30]

24. FFT ARENA 138d - Jumza (Down to Earth) vs. reinoe (Short Circuit) 5 Rounds: After Update: Re-Uploaded [37:47]

25. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Underground) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Y CHIKEN SO DERICIOUS): Part 1: Re-Uploaded [31:17]

26. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Underground) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Y CHIKEN SO DERICIOUS): Part 2: Re-Uploaded [10:06]

Provided I don't die in the next three days (or the Internet doesn't go out again), then I'll be "back" on Friday night.

reinoe

Quote from: The Damned on January 22, 2013, 06:12:11 am
(Ugh...I knew Monday would be annoying, but it seems to have gone out of its way to be a pain in the ass. Currently disputing a claim on Youtube that's totally unfounded and not even the right song, but it's probably going to end up biting me in the ass...like spending all of my break time on this stuff likely will later today.)

So...since no one told me (on the forums, since I've only checked my e-mail thrice this year) that the match between Reks & myself ended up having a shitty, wonky camera on Youtube, so I had to re-upload that. Apparently this was not because of Camtasia, but rather because of Youtube's incompetent attempts at "stabilizing" the video for whatever reason. You know, the same "stabilization" that I waited three hours for yesterday.

So...thanks.

As such, I ended up having to deal four videos and re-upload them, three of which can be seen in the edit above; sorry to have had to delete your comments, Dokurider & Jumza.

Anyway, I ended up doing 5 videos instead of 4 because I figured I might as well do reinoe's Windswept now instead of as the first thing when I came back, especially if I was doing LightningHax's since his team is rather similar:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Avalanche (MeDeum) vs. LightningHax (Old Strat, New Game) [15:42]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Losers) vs. Wiz ({S1}) [25:36]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Knights of Olde) vs. DomieV (Sword Masters) [19:00]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. CT5Holy (Mono-Squire Midrange) [25:29]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - Gaignun (Team Ninja) vs. reinoe (Windswept V2): 5 Rounds [22:29]

Anyway, I think I'll just leave list of other videos I've done so far here"

1. FFT ARENA 138d [Unpatched] - AeroGP (Snow Pirates) vs. Celdia (My Hat in The Ring) [12:20]

2. FFT ARENA 138d [Patched] - Malroth (Magic Dudes) vs. Gaignun (Patch Me) [12:03]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - Eternal (Guests) vs. dragonblade (Lost Souls) [33:16]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - CT5Holy (Ele Break) vs. Dokurider (Air Krieg) [08:26]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Secret New Team) vs. Wiz ({S1}): Part 1 [25:36]

6. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Secret New Team) vs. Wiz ({S1}): Part 2 [16:13]

7. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Heroic Good Guys) vs. The Damned (On if Maces of Zeus...) [15:55]

8. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Broken) vs. reinoe (Short Circuit) [10:36]

9. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Four Fangs) vs. feeldawrath (Team of Graces) [16:57]

10. FFT ARENA 138d - Angelus (Set of Bells) vs. Zalbagg (Dark Fire) [12:02]

11. FFT ARENA 138d - Barren (Hero Lancers)  vs. Otabo (Geo Dudes and Dudettes) [08:59]

12. FFT ARENA 138d - TrueLight (Black Viper) vs. CT5Holy (Tag!) [14:25]

13. FFT ARENA 138d - Barren (Hero Lancers) vs. Otabo (Neo Geos): Re-Uploaded [22:11]

14. FFT ARENA 138d - Wiz ({S1}) vs. DomieV (Famous Knights): Part 1 [25:55]

15. FFT ARENA 138d - Wiz ({S1}) vs. DomieV (Famous Knights): Part 2 [45:09]

16. FFT ARENA 138d - AeroGP (Inferno) vs. The Damned (Flurry of the Dancing Flames): Part 1 [22:22]

17. FFT ARENA 138d - AeroGP (Inferno) vs. The Damned (Flurry of the Dancing Flames): Part 2 [19:27]

18. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Strangers from the Lake) vs. The Damned (Save the Last Dance) [09:14]

19. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Sonic Speed) vs. The Damned (Wager the Time of Your Life) [1:02:35]

20. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. The Damned (Why is the Moon?): Re-Uploaded [11:02]

21. FFT ARENA 138d - The Damned (Those Who Do Not Fear Gods) vs. Otabo (Innocent Until Proven Guilty) [20:21]

22. FFT ARENA 138d - Ahong (All Kind Range Combat) vs. The Damned (Give Me Some Space, Roxas!) [30:27]

23. FFT ARENA 138d - reinoe (Short Circuit) vs. Jumza (Down to Earth) 5 Rounds: Before Update [11:30]

24. FFT ARENA 138d - Jumza (Down to Earth) vs. reinoe (Short Circuit) 5 Rounds: After Update: Re-Uploaded [37:47]

25. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Underground) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Y CHIKEN SO DERICIOUS): Part 1: Re-Uploaded [31:17]

26. FFT ARENA 138d - formerdeathcorps (Underground) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Y CHIKEN SO DERICIOUS): Part 2: Re-Uploaded [10:06]

Provided I don't die in the next three days (or the Internet doesn't go out again), then I'll be "back" on Friday night.

I watched the videos but FFTHACKTICS has a habit of eating my posts.  This is probably because I like to post as I watch the videos and Hacktics times out.  So yes I wanted to give some thoughful reviews of the matches but for my own morale I'm be brief.  Loved the videos.  Any weirdness with the camera moving around I just attribute to growing pains.  Some matches were closer than others.  I find it interesting that in the first three matches of Windswept v Ninjas, when my team wasn't working together they got smoked pretty bad.  The last two matches when they worked somewhat with more cohesion they wound up winning.  Seriously, my team was acting like they all kinda hated each other.  Especially the archer who was using Masamune on himself while walking out of range of his teammates.
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

(I am returned. Despair as appropriate.)

I know how that is, which is why I tend to either type up my posts in Notepad or post them in Notepad mid-way through, especially since I tend to be rather long-winded. That said, it's usually been other forums that screwed me over, not this one. The only thing on this forum that still bugs me, besides the poll thing that I apparently will have to nag someone about, is that it doesn't tell you when you're over the character limit for a post, but meh, I'm digressing from why I was going to post.

When it comes to your match, reinoe, the Masamune thing is hardly unique and is so common that it's one of the few things that otherwise currently "balances" its overpowering obnoxiousness. The AI will tend to rush forward and Masamune itself alone rather than wait for its allies if they're uninjured, especially if those units move first and the terrain is uneven. That particular problem is hardly unique to your team.

As for the two matches you won, well, I think your team stuck together in those matches primarily because, as dumb as the AI can be at times, it will take advantage of the height advantage rather well if Longbows are involved. Considering that you had and kept the height advantage in those matches along with Team Ninja not having Movement that ignored the height, that's largely what got you the win. They had to then "settle" for narrow points of entry, which is anathema when your primary strategy is swarming over someone like overpowered wasps, and so they largely got sniped at your team's leisure.

Anyway, while getting accustomed to things starting back up, I've decided that, for the time being, I'm only going to post matches on weekends. That will make things easier on me (and Dokurider, at least while I still need to depend on him).

Presently, I've already recorded four matches, so I have this weekend's set done already. I might record the matches for next weekend already since I'll probably do more there, having noticed that Dokurider gave me four fights with Otabo's "Put Your Hands Down!" team and I'd like to get those out of the way all on the same day, rather than just pad that entire weekend.

So, tomorrow, I'll post up SoySauceMaster vs. Vigilanti and Dokurider vs. formerdeathcorps. Sunday, it will be Jumza vs. Reks and Dol vs. formerdeathcorps. Then the Saturday that begins February will be all Otabo's "Put Your Hands Down!" and after that I'm mostly left with videos of DarkxFatal's teams and formerdeathcorps's teams since I asked Dokurider for both, so that Sunday will probably have just two videos: one for each of them.

Reks

Oh, when you have a few minutes to spare, mind telling me what you think of Celestial Stasis as they are?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128