• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Ryqoshay

As Yvonne drifts over the cart with ALL THE THINGS, her gaze falls upon the broken body of the party's healer, Elia. A peculiar cocktail of emotion courses through her veins.
   Rage.
   Regret.
   Remorse.
   Revulsion.
   She remembers her remarks about clearing the cave of every hateful goblinoid, but the boundless salvation of the sky is so close...
   So... Close...
   The flame pixie draws a raged breath as she tries to reignite the spark that had been lit so recently. Clenching her eye shut, she finds her efforts in vain as a shiver runs up her spine instead. Her irises remain unchanged when she reopens her eyes and she becomes acutely aware of something for the first time since entering this place.
   It is cold.
   Certainly that has to be the explanation for why her forearms are trembling... right?
   Hogarth begins to move away from the group.
   "I still think we should stay together." Yvonne states flatly. "I believe the artifacts we seek lie beyond the eastern passage. At the very least, we should collect them first, should we not? That is the main reason we are here, correct?"

Actions
1, 2, 3, 4: Follow no less than 2 squares behind Rhyhorn, Holding Actions to Cast Magic Missile via wand on a Javelin wielding Goblin that may enter range, or to Cast Elemental Strike on Goblin that should enter melee range.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

EmmaNigma

"Yes, friend Yvonne, that's why I'm going back to the hidden passage we came back from. Go down east due to narrow path on west. That's why I'm moving now now now" speaks Hogarth. Her voice starts to lean toward frustrated impatience towards the end of the sentence, and the barbarian marches to the passage entrance without another word.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Turn 11 Resolution

Since post time was up, I'm just regrouping you all here for the next turn.

You are in an intersection.
Obvious Exits: West, North, Southeast.

Command? _

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Sunday, Dec. 25th, 3am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Elia
~Stats~
HP: -10/21 (Dead)
Defense: 17
Movement: 6
Endurance: 5
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 40/47
Defense: 16
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 20/23
Defense: 20
Endurance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ryqoshay

"This scroll shall allow me to create an alarm that will notify me should anything larger than a rat tries to pass it." Yvonne explains, holding out a tiny roll of parchment. "I intend to use it here to inform us of a potential rear attack, but this is my last one, so I shall inquire as to your opinions before I proceed."

EmmaNigma

"A regular rat or a dire rat?" Hogarth mutters, not expecting an answer. "Do it. Don't want cart to get snatched by goblins. That is.. shameful."
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn takes an angry stomp and heads due north, Greatsword held in mouth and his rage stewing further from the constant and seemingly pointless treks back-and-forth his allies were forcing him to take.  Leave caution to those who have the resources to be cautious, Rhyhorn is on a personal mission and the time for action had arrived.

Actions 1:4) Rhyhorn heads North and through the path directly ahead at Charging Speed, taking to the walls as needed to not interrupt his Charge unless he needs to round a corner, at which point they should be taken with a rage-filled Rhino-Power-Slide before continuing down the path.  If a Goblin is encountered at any time during this turn, Rhyhorn changes heading and Charges right into it, smashing down on it with the might of his Greatsword.  If a Hobgoblin or other high-profile looking enemy is encountered, change heading to Charge at it, unleash a powerful Roar through my Greatsword-laden mouth and smash it's fucking face in with true Rhyhorn might.

Kalas

"I guess we're heading north then," Nathalie says, following the hulking rhinoceros down cave corridor. She prepares a bolt just in case, hoping desperately the goblins will not strike again.

"I really am just worried that possible products will be stolen and that would not be good for future enterprises," she explains to Rhyhorn, hoping he would catch the gist of her vague explanation.

1) Follow two spots behind Rhyhorn.
2-4) Hold action; fire on incoming targets.

EmmaNigma

"THUNDER AND FURY" howls Hogarth, seeing how her stoned companion has dropped any pretense of stealth. Secretly, Hogarth is relieved. She keeps pace with the beast, hacking at anything in range.

Action 1 and 2: Charge ahead and attack anything hostile.
Action 3 and 4: Charge from that spot to another enemy.

Ryqoshay

(1, 2) The tiny fey drones the words off her scroll in a hushed monotone before returning it to its place in her pack. By the time the spell has taken form, Rhyhorn and Hogarth are well on their way down the corridor. (3, 4) She makes no effort to complain about or chastise them for what she believes to be reckless behavior, instead choosing to follow at a more modest pace behind Nathalie. Weak flames appear around her wrist as though the pyrite there had suddenly become the wick of a lamp starving for oil. Her shoulders slump and her lit wand almost slips from her listless grip as she drifts silently along.

Actions
1: Cast Alarm (mental) on K15.
Free: If Alarm at the cave's entrance is triggered, say "Someone, or something, has entered the cave." If Alarm at K15 of Battle Pane 2 is triggered, say "There are enemies behind us."
2: Return blank scroll to backpack.
3, 4: Move to at least K7 unless Nathalie stops before reaching K/L/M6, then remain two square behind. If no enemies spotted by this time, continue to follow no less than two squares behind Nathalie. If javelin wielding enemy enters range, Cast Magic Missile via wand. If any enemy enters melee range, cast Elemental Strike.

NinjaWeazel

Xun follows the others, sword at the ready.

1-4) following along, ready to stab the crap out of anything that comes within melee range.

Celdia

Turn 12 Resolution

I'm too tired to grammar check this.

Pausing to cast a spell from her scroll, Yvonne is momentarily left behind as the rest of the party charges deeper into the winding cave tunnels. The passage ahead makes a sharp double-back to the South before opening again to the North, preventing an effective charge from anyone, but not their hasty movement. That speed proves to be a mild detriment however as they round the second bend and straight into a pair of hobgoblins, alerted by the light from the everburning torches. Longswords ready, they both lunge at Rhyhorn as he comes into view, one striking into the rockbeast's hide ineffectually with a longsword. Taken off-guard for only a moment, Rhyhorn emits a deafening roar, striking wildly with his greatsword and only managing to take a chunk out of the cave wall in his fury as the hobgoblin in front of him nimbly leaps back. Closing the distance from just behind, Hogarth swings her axe over Rhyhorn's ground-hugging body but her attack also falls just short of connecting. Xun circles around his allies to close with the other hobgoblin while Nathalie takes up a position wih her back to the corner and aims at the pair of enemies. Just as Xun is safely past her line of sight she looses a bolt but the hobgoblin she aims for brings his small shield up to deflect the magic-empowered projectile at the very last moment, embedding the shaft deeply into the wood.
          Again, the pair of goblinoids prepare to strike but only manage to get in each others' way as they cross their targets and attack paths. This confusion gives the party members each a prime opportunity to strike which they all make great use of. Hogarth's axe cleaves into the shoulder of one hobgoblin, forcing him to drop his shield. Rhyhorn quickly twists his head and spits the beastman on his blade. Beside it, Xun draws back with a graceful slide of feet across stone before lunging forward with a flourish like a fencer and running the other hobgoblin through the throat with his straight-blade. The hobgoblin is dead before Nathalie can even line up a second shot.
          As the lifeless bodies of the hobgoblins each drop to the cave floor with a quiet thump, Yvonne arrives to see the battle already ended. Beyond the site of the short skirmish lies a heavy metal gate, made from what looks like iron - possibly stolen from some manor house of days past - heavily covered with rust and spiked into the walls with multiple pitons. The gate is chained shut and set with a heavy padlock, beyond all of which are a pair of bodies - one moving, the other seemingly a corpse - and a large pile of coins with other indeterminable objects mixed in. A quick visual inspection of the guards reveals that they have no keys on them.

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Monday, Dec. 26th, 5am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16

Elia
~Stats~
HP: -10/21 (Dead)
Defense: 17
Endurance: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 40/47
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 20/23
Defense: 20
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn eyes the gate and sheathes his Greatsword, wary of Goblin traps but his anger quelling as he sees a strange very much not-Goblin behind the bars.  He lets out a small roar and motions toward the gate with his head, hoping someone would understand his request to try and get the gate open through a means that didn't involve a one-ton rhino on a stampede.

Action 1) Regain Focus
Action 2:4) Regain Focus if needed, else keep watch for any approaching enemies and Charge/Horn Attack if they appear.

EmmaNigma

Seeing no other alternative, Hogarth pulls out her last resort: Raw violence. Yelling incoherently, she moves to the lock and launch several brutal attacks at the chain and padlock, screaming with each swing.

Action 1: Move to gate
Action 2-4: Attack padlock

Randomname

The large insect-like Ek hears an odd commotion.  Sounds of Deep-Friends and sounds of not Deep-Friends.  He walks toward the gate slowly, with curiosity (1).

"Hello?" he says in every language he can think of.  "What is there?  Others?  No hurt, please!  Ek of Ak is harmless!" he adds, an uncharacteristic fear dug into him from untold hours sitting in this cell.

Action: 1 | Move to gate
Action: 2-4 | Huddle down like miserable rat

NinjaWeazel

Xun looks at the gate and frowns, waiting to see if Hogarth's efforts with the lock yield any results.  When he hears the strange thing speak, he raises an eyebrow in surprise.  "We not here to hurt you.  We here for goblins and treasure."

1-4) Hang out, watch for ambushes from the rear, and see if I can spot a trigger for the gate.

Kalas

"Is that a bug?" She asks, more focused on the treasure than the peculiar organism until she heard the insect utter a few words and "hello's" in languages she at least understood.

"Hello?" She replied in the same language she'd understood from the life-sized mantis; however, her mind was still transfixed on the large amounts of shiny, expensive looking objects near to them.

1) Approach "Ek"
2-4) Be on guard.

Ryqoshay

(1) Yvonne rounds the turn with the same enthusiasm as a hungover sloth. "Bug." she observes dryly, wondering if freeing it would be the best course of action. "Big bug..." She has never seen an insect of this size before, and the thought of what kind of damage those mandibles and claws could do crosses her idle mind. (2) Eyeing wearily, the dead goblin, she notes a lack of physical damage. It would appear that the pathetic creature died of thirst and dehydration. Of course, it very well could have been natural, given the situation, but the small sorceress knows there are other, less-than-natural methods of removing water from something. Who is this strange individual who claims to be harmless?

Actions
Free: If outer Alarm is triggered, say "Something or someone has entered the cave." If inner Alarm is triggered, say "There are enemies behind us."
1: Move to Q8
2: Spot check on Goblin in cell.
3, 4: Hold Action: If javelin wielding goblinoid  enters range, cast Magic Missile via wand. If any hostile enters melee range, cast Elemental strike. If the insectoid makes a hostile action against self or ally, cast Elemental Strike. If insectoid casts a spell, make a spellcraft check.

EmmaNigma

Noticing the insect for the first time (smash first, look later), Hogarth hisses "Be you a wizard, bug!" In all fairness to Hogarth, a talking, giant insect in a jail cell is valid concern for wizardry.

Randomname

"N'zla is no wi... wii-zard!  This one is Priest of Ak, Holy One of Deep Places," the insect-like Ek explains. "Perhaps you being in need of healing?  Perhaps water?  N'zla do anything for new ones if nice!"

EmmaNigma

Hogarth eases her anger, lowering her axe and relaxing. "This good. Wizards are cowards. Not wizard, we can travel, Friend Ek. Ek is short, good name."