• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:48:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Kagebunji

Haha, remeber how R declined this hair concept, Lijj? Man I would love to show this to him, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

This is a great sprite, but I find the female generic Samurai still the best. I always look forward to seeing new sprites, especially ones with high quality :D
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lijj

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Haha, remeber how R declined this hair concept, Lijj? Man I would love to show this to him, hehe.
(: He'd find something to complain about.. This never would have been completed unless he butchered it first.. He even changed my Chun li hair to my disdain for one of his 1 framers. I'll use the un butchered version of her hair probably sometime soon. That pissed me off how in the last two weeks or so he just declined every prototype any of us made. I loved your Samurai: Garamonde with the pleated bottom half.. I was offended he rejected that while he made nothing but 1 framers for a month and chatted.

Jon: I'm glad you enjoy the female Samurai.. It was the hardest set of arms I've ever done. Cut down peices of Male Samurai's added to an edited version of dark knight's. Then aligning those pieces frame by frame... Took 2-3 days just to get the arms right.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

R999 you mean? Were you guys working all together on a patch or something? Its mainly that one reason why I try to stay as far as possible from the Patches section, once in a while I check out what people are working on, but I don't want to get involved there because many people plain and simple don't appreciate sprites because they never made a whole sprite sheet themselves and they believe that they are above you and command you to make crap for them. Sorry to anyone who is a Patch Maker and doesn't actually do this, like Z for example, he made his own sprites as far as I know...

Lijj

Yeah R999 it was. He was Banhammered for wasting all our time basically. All Smash's great portraits etc. are now just Resting In Peace in the Archives section.
He was supposed to take a 10 day break and he never returned leaving us and all our work in the dust. I think Zodiac gave him 15 days time then dropped the hammah!
Here is the updated palette:

GeneralStrife

I think with our luck he died in a car crash or something.

Zozma

I plan to make use of smash's young elmdor, unless someone beats me to it, (i wish they would) actually its not supposed to be elmdor at all but, the elmdor head combined with dycedargs body is perfect...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Twinees

very nice lijj :), but you dont have to credit me, you did all of the work.

Zozma

GeneralStrife

Your generic replacers make the heavens shine liji

Lijj

♪♫Laaahh~♪♫

Thanks gang.
Now for the Male version. I may do a simple Onion Knight with a new head; since the capes match.. I'll have to take a look at it again

Jon

Hey, great job! You make fine sprites Lijj! I wish you good luck with the male [insert name here] Knight. I like the Onion Knight's helmet, but not the plume. Maybe an Onion Knight with hair or something? I am sure it'll be cool! Lookin' forward :mrgreen:

Lijj

This sprite should be easier than the last

It is an Onion Knight with Snake's Legs. An edited chest and a new custom head.
I think these two could become Choco Knights by adding new feet and helmets and changing the palettes completely since I'll have free color range I'll only need two for the chin- maybe three and White wont be needed, since the helmet will hide the eye; so white would become yellow. I would want to change the boots into choco-talons like Wolfran did as well, based on the concept I posted long ago.
I might post a 1 framer of what I mean later if I can.

Cheetah

Looking good. Though I think I would actually prefer it without the cape. The hair looks decent on most views. The rear view needs a lot of work on the hair, and the two angle views could use improvement.
Current Projects:

Jon

What game do Chocobo Knights appear in? They sound interesting, but I've never heard of them before here. I like your progress here, just one question, what is that line across the armor? It looks good, but I just don't know what it is. Maybe you can make him stand out from the Onion Knight a bit more by making a custom detail on the cape, but thats up to you. I think the hair is pretty good, but what Cheetah said is true. Keep it up! :)

Lijj

I didn't get home in time to do the ChocoKnight frame I wanted.. but thanks to Cheetah I see the back view looks bad(Needs darker shades on the right side; our right)I'll also try to clean up the two angled views.
Removing the cape would make the sprite harder but could be done and probably would look better. I picked Onion Knight for the cape but now I like the idea of it without a cape.    What do I do? I kind of like it but could let it go if it's removal request is seconded; only because it matches with the female counterpart's well.
Chocobo Knights were a moogle's class in FFTA2 I guess. I only just realized that though.. I thought they were the brainchild of this community.. Ours will be a human class and who knows what they will be featured in. 8)
Oh that line is a leather strap- Based on the strap the onion knights already sport.. does it look odd?

Jon

You know Kage's Moogle sprite? I just had a funny idea, I could try to chop him to pieces (well his arms) and make it into a type 1 or 2 sprite, and then there could be a job called Moogle, and the generics will literally turn into a moogle. This would be beyond weird though. But then again, Reis is a dragon who turns into a woman, which is beyond weird as well. Nah, that would take too much time. I gotta keep working on Jessie, and also I want to make a custom portrait for "myself", me.

I vote to keep the cape, anyone seconding this? Just add some lines on it to make it more custom.

Wolfran

@Lijj: use my chocokin if you want, the sprite will be better in your hands.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Zozma

someone should take a crack at Zorine and Katelyn too since they have parts

Zorine would be easy, just the female monk body with cloud's arms

and katelyn? well theres plenty of easy ideas that can be used for her, but even a generic female knight base would work out pretty well...