• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:48:51 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Parted Ways Demo (v1.0 Download Here)

Started by Eternal248, December 18, 2010, 08:27:58 am

Eternal

Here's the first demo for FFT: Parted Ways- Disk 1! Attached to this post is a folder containing both the memory card and patch needed to play Parted Ways, which is four battles long. The second battle can be either lost or won, but in the final version, it'll be only loseable. There are a fair amount of grammar/spelling/formatting errors, and EVTCHR errors, but those will be fixed in time. For now, enjoy the new classes, skills, and weapons!

HOW TO PLAY:

1) Obtain a clean FFT ISO. This can be done by extracting the data from your own FFT disc.
2) Download the attached folder.
3) Using PPF-o-Matic, patch the ISO with the .ppf found in the folder.
4) The demo memory card is called "Sand Rat Cellar". Use that if you wish to play the demo.
5) If you want to test all the various new generic jobs, use the "Complete Memory Card".
6) Enjoy!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

skiploom188

oooo, interesting. Downloading now!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Alaris

I knew it! The only reason you were going for Adminship was to make Newtype/Parted Ways its own section!  YOU FIEND.

Now, onto realism.

I'll download sometime this weekend and start my video playthrough of it.  Sounds fun...
  • Modding version: PSX

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Kagebunji

Haha, 18 downloads already! We will see what other bugs people will find out.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Alaris

Sadly can't LP, without a microphone.  But I will be doing a basic playthrough regardless.  Hope it's all I've hoped for and more.

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

ffta707

Quote from: "Eternal248"Here's the first demo for FFT: Parted Ways- Disk 1! Attached to this post is a folder containing both the memory card and patch needed to play Parted Ways, which is four battles long. The second battle can be either lost or won, but in the final version, it'll be only loseable. There are a fair amount of grammar/spelling/formatting errors, and EVTCHR errors, but those will be fixed in time. For now, enjoy the new classes, skills, and weapons!

I like the name change. Also, great demo! I'm impressed.

Arganthonius7

Just finished it. Great patch. Last battle gave me a bit of trouble though. Equip change FTW!

MarblesX

Hehe I died to Miluda. Will beat her tomorrow :)

I like all the new animations, the demo is really fun, and the Algus v Wiegraf battle is an awesome idea.

Eternal

Thank you to everyone who has played it thus and enjoyed it. This is just a very small taste of what Pride and I have in store. Feedback is always welcome, and feel free to use the Complete Memory Card to play with all the genetic jobs!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

ffta707

Quote from: "Eternal248"Thank you to everyone who has played it thus and enjoyed it. This is just a very small taste of what Pride and I have in store. Feedback is always welcome, and feel free to use the Complete Memory Card to play with all the genetic jobs!

If "what you have in store" continues at this pace, I expect a patch very soon. Good work, once again.

Dokurider

Hmph, I'm only going to start recording when have more than one Disc/Chapter out, in case you wanna change everything again.

bloodafro

I'm a little confused... are "Newtype" and "Parted ways" two different patches?
Cuz I'm playing "new type" I think. and it's just like the original game except for new jobs and stuff.
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Eternal

Newtype was my first attempt at doing this, and it came out rather messy. So I took some time to reorganize what I wanted to do, and gathered the aid of my fellow FFH friends and thus revived Newtype, now as Parted Ways, as an expansion of FFT.

In summary, yes, they're basically different patches. Consider Newtype the unpolished version of what I'm doing on Parted Ways. :P

bloodafro

Ahhh, thank you very much sir.  I actually kind of like the messy one.  xP  I'll have to check parted ways out.
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Durbs

Neat game. Several notes:

1. Massively glitchy... everything, although you already know that.
2. You should really use the PS1 script, WotL's is crap. >_<
3. LOVE that you incorporated so many traditional items (namewise) into FFT.  :mrgreen:
4. What happened to swordskills...? jk. I like the rune ideas.

Eternal

1) Yeah, it was really glitchy. A lot of these glitches are being fine-tuned, though, so it won't be nearly as noticeable in the final release.

2) I'm going to use the script found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/48627 mostly because it's a nice accurate translation while keeping the charm of the original and cleanliess of WotL.

3) Thanks! There'll be a ton more references to come!

4) Runes have been scrapped for the final version. Swordskills are back. I mostly wanted there to be -some- familiarity in the game, so I decided to keep Swordskills (although rebalanced, of course.)