• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:55 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Leif1991

If it isn't too much of a bother I'd like to see more of my "Famous Rivers" and "Revenge of the Green Team" squads in action.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Barren

I will try to get started after this weekend
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Grand Cross is pretty challenging to work with which is why I decided to give it a try. It sucks that Float did not do as planned with Earth Clothes and negate the absorbtion. Blinded Ninja meant low accuracy and might have been the difference maker in both rounds. MIGHT have...because Zotis and his frog procs were deadly. This match saw his units acting exactly the way he wanted I think. Sandbagging with the occassional pot shot status in between. I will have to rework the ninja at least to see if I can get a better result. Maybe a Mediator instead of an oracle? We will see :) I did like this team though.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Zotis

Thanks Barren, great match!

That was a really fun match, and so was the one with you and CT5 Holy even though it was even shorter.  Oh you definitely would have one the first round of this one though, and very early.  I only survived because your ninja blinded himself and missed those melees and shurikens.  The second round would have been a lot closer.  How about a rematch once you've patched that flaw?

Barren

Otabo

Leif loves his spellguns, it seems. :| But anyway, I liked how rounds 2 and 3 started out; critical DA proc on that archer, and the monk provided just enough of a distraction so the geo and scholar can do their thing. Good stuff. Yeah, Power Sleeve is weird on that monk, so I might have to see if I can alter her a little. But with Sisters being on a winning streak this season, I almost don't want to mess with their setups.

Zotis

April 14, 2014, 01:50:01 am #3206 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:12:55 am by Zotis
Masamune is pronounced with a long "a" sound at the end.  Japanese words ending with an "e" (in transliteration) always do this.  Japanese is much more consistent in pronunciation that English is.  For example the actor Toshiro Mofune, or the artist Masamune Shirow (author of the Ghost in the Shell manga).  It's the same for Marasame.

Oh and Eucalyptus, don't pronounce it like caw-liptus, just give it one of those subtle ca/ke/ki/cu sounds, if ya know what I mean.  That little eh sound that could be any vowel.  Barely pronounce it.  (What you're technically doing is putting the emphasis on that second syllable when it should be on the first syllable.  If you put the emphasis on the first syllable even that caw sound will become the generic any vowel eh sound.)

Anyway, hope that's actually helpful.  Not meaning to be a grammar Nazi or anything.

Barren

Ahh very good. Useful tips Zotis. I'll practice

Leif1991

Thank you so much Barren!
Well, looks like I should redesign that squad. They are unbalanced and extremely weak to spells. GG Otabo.

This is probably my best squad, they are very durable and resilient. I am still debating whether or not I should modify Olivine and have her use a Stone Gun.

Barren

For the most part my team did very well in damage output but makes me sad that there's no use of kagesougi. Maybe its because my ninja is not above 10 PA and just resorted to melee attacks. Gotta do something about that. GG silentkaster, that was a good little match

ShadowDragon15

I have several new teams that I would like to see get some testing, if no one minds. And thank you in advance for anyone who does. I appreciate it.
Strategy is just magical.

Leif1991

Wow, Second Round was a roller coaster. Somehow I managed to win the first and third rounds though. GG Otabo.

silentkaster

Good job Barren. My team DEFINITELY has too much sandbagging. Time to fix that...

Otabo

In Round 1, the oracle might as well have been on the other team! I mean, wow. A redirected Paralyze and then a charmed Paralyze? The poor geo couldn't get any spells off. Rounds 2 & 3 though, geo got spells off = stuff died. Next update, yin yang magic is gone definetly. Can't afford to have stuff like that happen to such an important member of the team. GG, shadowdragon.

silentkaster

Good game shadowdragon. I think that I need to nix Raise and Angel Song. Raise 2 Definitely on the Priest and maybe reraise instead of nurse on the ninja and archer. A couple extra battle songs going off on Archer and Ninja could have made the difference between one shotting and just putting the priest and bard into critical. Good team Shadowdragon...great balance of defense and offense.

Leif1991

We did well Barren. GG Shadowdragon.