• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PsxFin problem

Started by Hyraldelita, March 08, 2017, 08:21:41 am

Hyraldelita

The only patch i cas play with PxsFin is jot5,
Both stone ripple, and CoP patches doesn't start, CD not usable failed to read .cue file.
Do you guys know how can i fix this, or what can the problem be?

I can't finish CoP chapter 3 cause it always crash on the fight against puppets.

3lric

Try a different image. There are also programs that will make a cue file for you, since it sounds like you are missing one, and they aren't hard to make on your own either.
  • Modding version: PSX

Hyraldelita

but the same image get read from epsxe without any problem, well problems come later on with crash on third chapter of cop but that's the only problem so far.. i can play jot5 with psxfin without problem, so why other image doesn't go? do people use different programs to make the downloadable patch?

Guru

First off though, if it says you need a cue file, then you need a cue file. A cue file isn't actually required for FFT, but I guess psx at least needs it to be there. For simplicity's sake, like Elric said there are programs out there to create cue files.

Otherwise, if you don't want to download anything, just make a copy of the JOT5 cue file or any FFT cue file, which I'm assuming you have since you are able to play JOT5 on psx. Put it in the same folder as the iso you are trying to play, rename the cue file to the name of that iso and make sure you keep the cue extension. Bam done.

I think on here at least, most people use the same program to make patches, but that doesn't mean the iso they made the patch for is the same. I dont think I've ever had a problem with FFT, but sometimes when patching Fire Emblem mods I have to use a specific version of an iso. Usually it won't even patch when this happens, for me at least. It's at least worth trying to use a different iso.

Angel

Create a new text file, leave it blank, rename it to Final Fantasy Tactics<or whatever your .bin is named>.cue, and your problem is solved. It only wants a .cue sheet, doesn't care what the contents are.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?