• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:28:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

I found a used copy of FFTA in a store

Started by Dome, December 14, 2010, 06:34:21 am

Dome

The price was 5 euros
Guess what? I bought it >_> <_<
There was a save (That I deleted instantly): the name of the main character was "Sara,"
Lol
Do you guys like FFTA?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

philsov

No.

The law system is nice at first but at the end just becomes outright absurd.  For example -- never harm a monster?  In a random battle consisting entirely of monsters.  The battle turns into "have that one guy with a decent reaction run into all the bad guys, let's heal him and Wait a whole bunch.

The classes are bloated and overlapping.  While having race separation is good and all, about 1/2 of the classes are either mimiced or outright copied into other races.  In net FFT had more diversity.

Numerous ways to break the game (about as much as vanilla FFT, really)

Storyline.... decent premise, but horrible followthrough with horrible characters and horrible horrible horribles.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

EpicSolidSnake

I hate the plot, and after i started it for the frist time playing, i was expecting a story kinda like FFT.

But turn out that it was only some *kids* reading a book and starts dreaming about it.

Same exact shit about FFTA2...Read a book, go into it.

Whats sup with that? Ramza was too mature or something? There had to use a main character going in school? (Ugh! thats even worse! And making the game more kid friendly in an bad way...)

At less in FFT , the story is not kid friendly, and interesting.

And the main character in FFTA and FFTA2 seem like there don't know anything about anything. (Notice the frist few battles toturials in em? There were nothing like that in FFT... And that snow ball fight thing is retarded...)

Wy you cant be a character planning to get on an adventure, or a soldier going to war or something like that.

Not some kid's that goes to school getting *absorbed by a book* thing. Thats one of the worst thing i ever seen in FF.
even the music is childish...sigh. Gameplay was ok but...just *OK* nothing interesting about it really.
Seem like *major* downgrade form FFT if you ask me.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Kaijyuu

Basically everything about it is worse than FFT (except I think FFTA's propositions > FFT's propositions). That does not mean, however, that FFTA is a bad game. It's a pretty darn good RPG. It's just that when you stick one of the best games ever next to another game, that game's gonna look like shit no matter what.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kourama

FFTA is a decent game. I enjoy some of the gameplay mechanics in it more than FFT. One being how magic is implemented. It does have its faults. Sub-par story. copied jobs (like philsov said), worthless jobs, and way too many missable items. Its a good experience though, but I would recommend FFTA2 instead. It takes out a lot of the overpowered abilities (not all of them), balances a few things, only has 1 missable item, has a better law system, and is a much longer game. The story in FFTA2 is worse than the first one though.

Jon

Wait, how do you delete files in FFTA? I think you can only overwrite files...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Dome

Quote from: "Jon"Wait, how do you delete files in FFTA? I think you can only overwrite files...
Yeah, that
But you can try by turning off the gba/ds while saving (It should mess up the save file)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I absolutely fucking hate how the first battle is a tutorial, and how you don't have access to the full range of clan options for the first few battles.  This is why we have optional tutorial modes, god fucking damn it.

Kaijyuu

FFT's first battle was a tutorial as well. Unless you think Ramza affects the outcome in any way whatsoever? (well unless you actually try to lose and are extremely lucky)
  • Modding version: PSX

formerdeathcorps

Do we need to go over this again?

FFTA is like FFT, but dumbed-down.  Poorer plot line, easier game, sillier mechanics, and with childish animations.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

dinosaur

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Do we need to go over this again?

FFTA is like FFT, but dumbed-down.  Poorer plot line, easier game, sillier mechanics, and with childish animations.

I guess. More restrictions though with those stupid laws.

LastingDawn

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Do we need to go over this again?

FDC! Welcome back!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"FFT's first battle was a tutorial as well. Unless you think Ramza affects the outcome in any way whatsoever? (well unless you actually try to lose and are extremely lucky)

No it's not, it's a chance to put Ramza on Auto-battle and then take a dump.  Speaking of which, FFTA sucks more because it lacks auto-battle.

Dome

Quote from: "Pickle Girl Fanboy"
Quote from: "Kaijyuu"FFT's first battle was a tutorial as well. Unless you think Ramza affects the outcome in any way whatsoever? (well unless you actually try to lose and are extremely lucky)

No it's not, it's a chance to put Ramza on Auto-battle and then take a dump.  Speaking of which, FFTA sucks more because it lacks auto-battle.
This
You must fight noob battles with shitty clans and you can't even put auto-battle on

Gotwald

Quote from: "Dome"
Quote from: "Pickle Girl Fanboy"

This
You must fight noob battles with shitty clans and you can't even put auto-battle on

No, you can run away from any random battle with no penalty.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Dome

Quote from: "Gotwald"No, you can run away from any random battle with no penalty.
If you want to master jobs you need those battles...

theultrawolf

well not necessarily???? you can master jobs with dispatch missions just as easily, except you can't send the main character out (bullshit)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Dome

Quote from: "theultrawolf"well not necessarily???? you can master jobs with dispatch missions just as easily, except you can't send the main character out (bullshit)
This (And Montblanc)

philsov

which is why I let him die whenever the first jagd becomes available.  

"whoops."
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.