• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Gaffy's stylin mustache

Quote from: "philsov"that hack sucks - allows for equipment duping.

I don't see how this matters, because duping is a conscious choice. It's like the console in most computer games. Yeah, you can make your character a god, but why would you want to cheapen the experience?

I mean, I can go into FFPatcher and play through 1.3 with a 255 multiplier All Swordskill Ramza, but why would I do that?

I think being able to buy back Masamunes/Chrijiradens is a great idea.

PX_Timefordeath

Masamune/Chiri is stealable in DD though, so you can get an infinite supply of those. However, you can only get 2 Chaos Blades, and limited resources of various weapons.

Also, 1.3026 daggers had 25% steal, allowing you to mug your own weapons and duplicate them as they returned after the battle and showed up in your inventory. The more you know☆

Dome

Well...if someone wants to cheat, FFPatcher allows you to do whatever you want...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kourama

The hack that philsov is talking about sucks because it is glitched. Someone can break or steal one of your items then you sometimes end up having multiple of those items in the fur shop.

Dome - I know you played my patch a while back and made a lot of changes to the archer skillset as well as add a new ability to thief. I'm not sure how well it would work with your "1.4" ideas but I can post the skillset changes I made if you like.

Lucifer_zero

Hi, i´m a Brazilian guy who suck in english, but i´ll try to give my opinion too. I´ve been playing 1.3 since 1.302x-ish, don´t remember -_-, and always looking at here forum... but let´s go to the point.   [ again, sorry for the bad english ]

Quote from: "Dome"Together, for a better FFT 1.3!!! xD

I think that this Hack could use another name than FFT 1.4, cuz it´s, like you said, this one is for "FFT community's effort to create an updated, balanced, and challenging FFT experience", for me 1.3 is something that Arch created and if there is a 1.4, it should be the same or more hard than 1.3, cuz that the idea on 1.3

1) Every chapter Ramza base job could be diferent, with multiplier and growth beter each one, and Chap 4 could use more skills that could be learned from other special jobs ( like... hum... Crush punch ), i also dont think that Ramza need an uber, but a versatile class

2) Partily Agreed, one or another enemie could have a "Party + 1~5 level"

5) How about put at least one Zodiac Battle on each floor ?

6) I always wanted something like that.

7) I think that the growth on each special class should be different than any other job, if they hav better multiplier, then everybody would go Mime with they and return to the original class ( Like Special Knights could have a PA growth better than any other, at price of speed AND MA... )

10) That would be nice... reaaaly nice

11) (Under the spoiler)
Chocobos: MA Save
Pathers: I like the way they are ^^
Goblins: agreed
Bombs: I dont Think that Douse is reaaly need...
Treants: A Skill that hit all allies for small HP ?
Minotaurs: what about a innate Atack UP, MAtack UP ?
Malboros: IMHO Modball virus is fine the way it is, but i agree with the attack... why not instead of poison it would be an all around atack that target only enemies ( kinda Ultros tTentacle attack on all your team )
Behemots: Intead of nerfing the skill, i think they should hav DEF UP, MDEF UP, Halve Elements and be slower ( a little more like anothers FF game )
Dragons: Why dont put a "Cancel: Charging" on Tail Swing ?
Hydras: I´ve always trought about "why not each Hydra hav 3 different elements? They hav 3 different Head !!"

13) 3 on every Job ( except Bard/dancer )

15) Archer yes ^^

18) I liked this ideia, and why dont put more weakness on equips ???????? ( but taking care to putting on weakness on same equip class that hav an Absorb )

20) Porky Family and Yellow Chocobo could hav too Inate Monster skill, to put more use on then

23) Guests are Guests

24) Some custom skills that i thought
Wizard - an instant small Random MP Recover [(1~5)*MA;  Neutral instant skill with 2 or 3 range; Ultima Blow - an PA BASED melee attack, only learn by enemies hits ( only a few ones would hav this );
Archer - Mustadio´s aim ( but nerfed ); elemental Arrows ( for equips weakness ); multiple-shot; area shot
Priest - An instant ( or fast ) 1/2 HP damage on Undead
Geomancer - differ each skill damage, range, AOE
Thief - 2 Range instant attack, normal damage

Well, i think that´s all folks... for now [ again and again, i know my english sucks ]
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

MagiusRerecros

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but I wanted to get this idea out there before I forget. Why bother with making humans in random battles immortal? Why not just make them immune: treasure?
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

FFMaster

Quote from: "MagiusRerecros"Haven't read the entire thread yet, but I wanted to get this idea out there before I forget. Why bother with making humans in random battles immortal? Why not just make them immune: treasure?

It hangs the game if we try to do it your method.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

MagiusRerecros

Does it? I haven't had any problems with it, but then, I also haven't really experimented with it or anything.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Dome

Quote from: "Kourama"The hack that philsov is talking about sucks because it is glitched. Someone can break or steal one of your items then you sometimes end up having multiple of those items in the fur shop.

Dome - I know you played my patch a while back and made a lot of changes to the archer skillset as well as add a new ability to thief. I'm not sure how well it would work with your "1.4" ideas but I can post the skillset changes I made if you like.
Yeah, I played your ___ patch, but my memory is blurry
Feel free to post whatever you want here, it will be added to the main topic

@Lucifer_zero
Don't worry about your english xD
About the name...I decided to use 1.4 (atm) because this is supposed to be an upgrade from 1.3...but if you have a suggestion, feel free to post it :-)
I like the ideas you provided, I will add them to the main topic...except point 13...3 in every job means that you won't use mimes until endgame, which is bad, Imho

@MagiusRerecros
Immortal/maintenance guys in randoms means that you can't steal from them, so you can't obtain better gear when you shouldn't
Otherwise, people in randoms will have fixed equipment

Kourama

Quote from: "Dome"Yeah, I played your ___ patch, but my memory is blurry
Feel free to post whatever you want here, it will be added to the main topic

Copied and pasted from my topic with the archer skill set, also left necromancer in there.

New Jobs
- Archer changed to Ranger
Innate: Secret Hunt, Move-Find Item

Abilities:

Leg Aim
Arm Aim
Cupid - chance to add: charm
Tranquilizer - chance to add: sleep
Venom Shot - chance to add: poison

Catch
Arrow Guard
Secret Hunt
Train
Equip Bow - bow and crossbow
Jump +3

- Calculator changed to Necromancer with new sprites
Innate: Float, Undead Immune: Dead, Blood Suck, Death Sentence

Abilities:

Death
Drain Life
Osmose
Dark Holy
Manipulate - Add: Invite to Undead
Decay - Add: Undead, Poison, Slow

Absorb Used Mp
Damage Split
Float

I also remember giving Thief a move called quick attack that could hit from slightly further away and could add slow. Gave Mustadio all the "break moves" and also gave him a special new ability that gave a random buff.

Dome

You left the necromancer for a reason? ;P
You'd like to see it implemented?
You know, I have a thing for undeads (Not in real life, ofc xD)

Kourama

Quote from: "Dome"You left the necromancer for a reason? ;P

Its an idea. I know the Sage that was added instead of calculator in 1.3 isn't that great so why not make a more useful job from that spot. I'd like to see one visual change though. Please, please, please replace the Male Samurai sprite with the new one in the custom sprite section. I always thought the old sprite looked ridiculous, more like a sumo wrestler in armor.

Dome

Quote from: "Kourama"
Quote from: "Dome"You left the necromancer for a reason? ;P

Its an idea. I know the Sage that was added instead of calculator in 1.3 isn't that great so why not make a more useful job from that spot. I'd like to see one visual change though. Please, please, please replace the Male Samurai sprite with the new one in the custom sprite section. I always thought the old sprite looked ridiculous, more like a sumo wrestler in armor.
Shouldn't be a big problem
I'll upgrade the first post

FFMaster

A few odd things on necromancer. It sounds like it should be a mage, yet some of the formulae which must be used aren't suitable for them at all.

For example, Drain Life I will assume to be like the old Oracle spell. This one was removed due to being able to 999 enemy units with ??? with no way to stop it. Removed for good reason.

Manipulate can only be done with the Hit_(Sp+X)% formula, which wouldn't fit a mage at all.

As for Ranger, it's pretty much Mustadio with another charm spamming ability. Musty is already unused outside of double break gimmick. However, Charge sucks balls, so I'm not too sure what to do for it. I also don't like when more than 1 class has the same ability.

Dome

Quote from: "FFMaster"A few odd things on necromancer. It sounds like it should be a mage, yet some of the formulae which must be used aren't suitable for them at all.

For example, Drain Life I will assume to be like the old Oracle spell. This one was removed due to being able to 999 enemy units with ??? with no way to stop it. Removed for good reason.

Manipulate can only be done with the Hit_(Sp+X)% formula, which wouldn't fit a mage at all.

As for Ranger, it's pretty much Mustadio with another charm spamming ability. Musty is already unused outside of double break gimmick. However, Charge sucks balls, so I'm not too sure what to do for it. I also don't like when more than 1 class has the same ability.
Can't drain life be changed with Beowulf sword-skill?
Maybe we should buff up Mustadio a bit?

FFMaster

Beowulf Swordskill is Night Sword under a different name. So it uses Weapon damage.

Dome

Quote from: "FFMaster"Beowulf Swordskill is Night Sword under a different name. So it uses Weapon damage.
Lol XD
Well...with weapon damage, the damage output will be low...but as an instant/no mp ability it could be nice

Mando

Ok. I have been tinkering with this edit 1.3 thing for some time now. It is just that I have been working on my master's degree. After this saturday I will be done with my huge research project and have 3 daily assignments left to finish off what I was working on hopefully in time for the holiday week.

That brings me to say this. I agree with almost all the changes wanting to be done here are some suggestions I have because I was doing similar things already.

1. Ramza topic- I changed his class to Leader he uses axes (new ones I added some are 1 handed lower dmg so you can shield and some are 2 handed with HIGH dmg)

My reasoning for giving him an axe is to make him a bit more unique. Giving him a sword only brings the temptation to give him a sword skill set. Some of the moves I have given him are.
Tomahawk ( a weaker ranged move essentially throwing his axe).
Explosion of Rage (looks like mimic titan does high MA dmg to people within a spinfist range has a charge time of 4)
Anger (raises PA by 2 Lowers MA by 3 ct time of 3)
Intellect (Raises MA by 2 lowers PA by 3 ct time of 3)
Reckless(Berserk + Regen -self target only)
Metatron Torment (Does intense amount of single Target PA damage ct time of 6)
-more skills can be added for  stat crippling or normal squire moves-

CHANGE priest and wizard to white mage and black mage - PLEASE whm and blm are much easier innitials to use
Ok now this part people will probably hate but hear me out for the reasonings.
1. Remove time mage(change this to mediator and completely remove skills) and disperse the skills. Some moves on blm are rarely used (looking at you poison/frog - death maybe)
2. Give blm the meteor (make it a bit weaker than flare smaller cast time too) as well as stop and dont move (only if you got rid of death too)
3. Give whm haste, haste2 float reflect
4. Balance the black mage lightning/ice/fire move to do roughly same damage and same mp cost ( you prolly just have to tune down lightning since it is a bit stronger )
5. Create Red mage in the place of time mage give them single target all elemental spells (this means wind/earth/water too)
These spells should be lv 1 and lv 2 (level 1 having a shorter range / cast time) (level 2 being slightly stronger 1 range increase and slightly longer cast time)
since we don't want the red mage to be too weak and useless these lv1 and lv2 spells are 1.5x dmg of a normal blm elemental spell that lv (but they are single target and cost more mp)
6. Give rdm the run off skills of time such as slow1 -2, give a single target haste, and give them demi(s) - maybe quick if you want

Also make swords of the 3 elements lightning fire so there just isn't Ice brand. Instead of it casting a spell make it increase dmg from that element and forced 2 hands.

Bard and Dancer should also be removed. Give those skills to RAFA/MALAK and scrap their original skill sets.
Put either a balanced Dark knight who only uses 2 handed swords (taking the place of LOLBAGS) and possibly a holy Knight - could make males the dark and the females the sacred
if you do that add new skills to the dark knight and change up holy knight skills remove stop from stasis sword, no lightning stab, give them Holy Blade ( sword swing + holy) high dmg  high CT holy damage (single target) same for dark knight but use Dark holy)

Give holy knight 'noble sacrafice' kills themselves to fully revive an ally (even out of crystal)
Give dark knight  'evil ritual' where they kill an ally to fully restore hp and mp for themselves

Orlandu should be the only person to use LIGHTNING STAB- makes his thunder god title count for something....

Give archers the ability to dual wield guns ???
- in which case add new guns!!!

ninja if you can asm please make it like FFTA ninjas  veils > throwing skill. Let the chemist have throwing balls of all elements or something

samurai make their dark draw out move undead reversible

Get rid of the 12897389217893 holy knight enemies you face make their class different like maybe draw upon a heavy tanking class

Also mighty skill should be different - i'd canabalize those skills and give to dark/holy knight removing the breaks

all dark based moves should have undead reversal on them flagged

- oh ya ramza's class should always have monster skill (innate further diversifying his skills without having to add any)
and also this is random.... BUT
zombie status = undead status so they could then benefit from undead reversal.
GO TEAM ZOMBIE!

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Dome

Added your suggestions to the main topic
My favourite one is the one that only Cid should have the "Lighting stab" skill :-)