• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 28, 2014, 04:08:02 pm

Celdia

The ninja going down to the Ninjitsu/Holy combo and the repeated Ninjitsu pretty much kept your Archer busy trying to get him back on his feet. She didn't have time to deal with the petrify once it landed because it kept prioritizing Cancel:Dead over Cancel:Petrify. Also, Charm was pretty much the big 'get fucked' in both rounds 1 and 3. Thief earning his keep all up in here.

Good luck on the Doom Train, Malroth. Hopefully you can make a comeback down there. Your team is scary strong.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

skiploom188

Ow, didn't make it. Great job Vireblaze! Not testing teams can really pay in the end. Still, it was a fun watch. Good thing I preordered my doom train tickets in my head before the match XDDD
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

The Damned

August 07, 2014, 08:20:59 am #82 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:27:31 am by The Damned
(I'll comment on Barren vs. Truelight's match and Anima Zero vs. Fenire's match later, probably when the final two matches for the first round of winner's bracket go up.

Well, provided I still have Internet at this point since it's been acting up and I have to screw around with my landline to get it to, sigh, actually work again.)

As it is, I just want to get commentary for the last three matches down quickly since I have other things I should be doing, such as PM'ing Barren music like I should have done three or so days ago. Go me. It's probably too late now anyway....

(Vireblaze)
Team: Nottinghamsire
Palettes: Black/Blue

================================

The Prince
Male
Capricorn
Bard
Talk Skill
MA Save
Unyielding
Move-HP Up
Fairy Harp

Green Beret
Brigandine
N-Kai Armlet

Battle Song
Blackmail, Insult, Mimic Daravon

The Sheriff
Male
Taurus
Squire
Steal
Projectile Guard
Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Ancient Sword
Platina Shield
Thief Hat
Earth Clothes
Battle Boots

Heal, Wish
Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry

The Knight
Male
Virgo
Paladin
Punch Art
HP Restore
Martial Arts
Warpath

Genji Shield
Crystal Helmet
Diamond Armor
108 Gems

Reraise
Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

The Bishop
Male
Taurus
Priest
Summon Magic
Absorb MP
Short Charge
Float
Wizard Staff

Golden Hairpin
Light Robe
Magic Ring

Raise 2, Esuna, Holy
Moogle, Carbunkle, Odin

vs.

(skiploom188)
Team: Season 3
Palettes: Green/Yellow

Burret
Male
Virgo
Ninja
Snipe
Abandon
Concentrate
Flee
Ninja Knife
Ninja Edge
Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Feather Mantle

Shuriken
Armor Break, Weapon Break

Scizzoe
Male
Taurus
Lancer

PA Save
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Obelisk
Crystal Shield
Crystal Helmet
Crystal Mail
Chantage

Level Jump6, Vertical Jump8

Homosex
Male
Taurus
Lancer
Punch Art
HP Restore
Magic Defend UP
Ignore Height
Dragon Whisker
Escutcheon II
Gold Helmet
Gold Armor
Cherche

Level Jump5, Vertical Jump7
Stigma Magic, Revive

Deero
Male
Capricorn
Chemist
White Magic
Counter Flood
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Blast Gun

Green Beret
Black Costume
Angel Ring

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Phoenix Down
Raise, Raise 2, Esuna

First and foremost, it's always nice to see someone use a Harp that isn't Bloody Strings even if that unfortunately outclasses both other Harps presently.

That said, I have to wonder if Vireblaze would have won the first match as well had the "helpful" Counter Flood of Kamaitachi not Don't Acted the Priest. I suppose we'll never know though.

This match mostly came down to Chemist set-ups with White Magic being rather...self-defeating, especially when the A.I. gets forced into resurrection loops where its resurrection can miss. Perhaps if the Ninja hadn't gotten hit by literally every Holy fired his way, then skiploom188 could have won this, but he didn't.

In general, skiploom188's team couldn't dodge much of anything until the very end, where it didn't matter, and then couldn't hit anything starting half way through that third match. Maybe he'll have better luck in the Underworld given his team is competently made save for the arguable issue with his Chemist.

(Dragonblade)
Team: Zombie Sweeping
Palettes: Black/Yellow

Sir Sledge
Male
Taurus
Paladin
Draw Out
Damage Split
Two Hands
Move-HP Up
Blood Sword

Crystal Helmet
Diamond Armor
Germinas Boots

Consecration, Transfusion, Iron Will
Masamune

Goldrena
Female
Capricorn
Archer
Basic Skill
Projectile Guard
Concentrate
Pilgrimage
Silver Bow

Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Execute, Armor Break
Throw Stone, Heal, Wish

Marv
Male
Taurus
Mediator
Item
Dragon Spirit
Defense UP
Move+1
Necronomicon

Thief Hat
Chameleon Robe
N-Kai Armlet

Mimic Daravon
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Oakla
Female
Virgo
Oracle
White Magic
Auto Potion
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Ivory Rod

Black Hood
White Robe
Magic Ring

Zombie, Dispel Magic, Sleep
Cure 3, Raise 2, Esuna

vs.

(Dokurider)
Team: Luck of the Irish
Palettes: Green/Black

Fand
Female
Serpentarius
Time Mage
White Magic
Finger Guard
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
H Bag

Golden Hairpin
White Robe
Magic Ring

Haste 2, Slow 2
Cure, Cure 2, Cure 3, Cure 4, Raise, Raise 2, Wall, Esuna, Dia, Holy

The Morrigan
Female
Serpentarius
Summoner
Lore
Absorb MP
Magic Attack UP
Float
Wizard Rod

Holy Miter
Wizard Robe
108 Gems

Moogle, Shiva, Ramuh, Ifrit, Leviathan, Salamander, Titan, Fairy, Carbunkle, Silf, Odin, Bahamut, Lich, Cyclops, Zodiac
Tornado, Quake

Geis
Male
Serpentarius
Chemist
Time Magic
Auto Potion
Equip Armor
Teleport
Throwing Knife

Crystal Helmet
Diamond Armor
Diamond Armlet

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Ether, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Don't Move, Comet, Sinkhole

Hornswoggle
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Punch Art
Projectile Guard
Two Hands
Move-HP Up
Katar

Flash Hat
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry
Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

Given that I hadn't and still haven't really looked through anyone's teams before their matches, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Zombie-focused team on Dragonblade's part. Shame that he had such bad luck in the first round; I thought "Luck of the Irish" was supposed to be an ironic phrase for bad luck and yet... The only real good luck that Dragonblade had was in the second round where his Archer hit two 31% Seal Evils, consecutively at that,...only for them to immediately get nullified by Soft.

That's part of why Cursed Ring really doesn't have any downsides: the two anti-Undead techniques of Consecration and Seal Evil currently don't do anything even though they can both miss quite easily.

Besides that, Dragonblade basically just lost because both Dokurider's Summoner and Thief hit really hard and former was only helped by Dragonblade's grouping together for Masamune and other things. It still rather grates me how blind the A.I. can be towards grouping up, especially after it's already gotten nuked once before.

(Celdia)
Team: Bad Romance Novel
Palettes: Blue/White

Bait
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Sing
Speed Save
Equip Shield
Teleport
Phoenix Blade
Zephyr Shield
Green Beret
Secret Clothes
Battle Boots

Heretic, Bad Luck, Spellbreaker, Steal Heart
Last Song

Comic Relief
Male
Serpentarius
Monk
Draw Out
PA Save
Attack UP
Warpath

Choice Band
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Earth Slash, Secret Fist, Chakra, Revive
Kiyomori, Masamune

Mary Sue
Female
Serpentarius
Oracle
White Magic
MA Save
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Faith Rod

Golden Hairpin
Silk Robe
Defense Ring

Zombie, Blind Rage, Beguile, Paralyze, Sleep, Petrify
Raise 2, Dia, Holy

Sidekick
Male
Serpentarius
Chemist
Ninjitsu
HP Restore
Unyielding
Move-HP Up
Air Knife

Thief Hat
Black Costume
Angel Ring

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Maiden's Kiss, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Suiton, Kagesougi

vs.

(Malroth)
Team: Overrated?
Palettes: Red/Green

Rider
Female
Aries
Archer
Item
Projectile Guard
Magic Attack UP
Jump+2
Glacier Gun
Kaiser Plate
Black Hood
Secret Clothes
Defense Armlet

Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Armor Break
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Archer
Male
Libra
Monk
Ninjitsu
Dragon Spirit
Equip Ranged
Teleport
Ultimus Bow

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
Cherche

Repeating Fist, Earth Slash, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Kagesougi

Assasian
Male
Libra
Ninja
Snipe
Auto Potion
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Scorpion Tail
Hidden Knife
Green Beret
Santa Outfit
Salty Rage

Shuriken
Head Break, Shield Break, Weapon Break

Caster
Female
Aries
Mediator
White Magic
Counter Magic
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Main Gauche

Thief Hat
White Robe
Magic Ring

Blackmail, Death Sentence, Insult, Mimic Daravon
Cure 3, Raise 2, Esuna

Haha at Barren's utter confusion over Celdia's lack of Stigma Magic and Esuna (and then at Celdia winning). Also at me realizing that Malroth accidentally named Assassin as Assasian. I guess he likes big butts and cannot lie. That or "Assasian" just ended being an accidentally meaningful name given how "useful" he ended up being to Malroth as a whole. Really, his  constant need to be revived is a large part of cost Malroth the match since Celdia slapped the hell out of him either throughout every round. Berserk meaning he barged forward only to get Holy from a most devout Purity Sue to the face really is what determined everything.

That said, Celdia got extremely fortunate the first round, though as I already said earlier, Charm is either utterly explosive or straight up doesn't matter. So not much else to say there except that the Oil from Bad Luck didn't end up being as useless as I expected; rather the opposite since it got Rider OHKO'd.

Not having anything to cure Petrify at all even though she easily could have screwed her over in round two a ton with Seal Evil actually mattering for once. Only thing surprising about the second round is that a spellgun user with a powered-up set-up hit a Faith Rod user for non-OHKO damage without their being any intervening elements like White Robe or Shell or Magic Defend Up. That Kagesougi crit breaking 450 HP damage is, sadly, not at all surprising and had Malroth's Archer had Pilgrimage, it would have been an OHKO since Celdia's Oracle only survived by 18 HP with Rider "only" at 70 Faith.

I have to say that despite the mistakes from being rusty, Celdia gets my utter respect for using Last Song. This even if Cursed Ring and Phoenix Blade are currently utterly stupid pieces of equipment.

Congrats on beating out Malroth's earlier prediction, even if it's impossible to "predict" how luck will factor into things. You can only really factor for A.I. stupidity and blindness and even then....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

Round 2 of the match Asakawa got robbed.  That paladin had a critical that did no extra damage, all it did was push my theif into the AOE of Cure 3.
My dreams can come true!

Gaignun

What?  There's a tournament and nobody told me?  I picked the wrong months to space out.

At the very least, I will try to get Camtasia and an emulator up and running on a laptop in case a host needs filling in for.

Barren

Quote from: Gaignun on August 08, 2014, 06:20:29 am
What?  There's a tournament and nobody told me?  I picked the wrong months to space out.

At the very least, I will try to get Camtasia and an emulator up and running on a laptop in case a host needs filling in for.

I may need some help because doing the first 16 matches in the winner's bracket while fun can be time consuming but if you want to help me do the winner's bracket we can split the number of matches in the winner's bracket and you can do the matches up to me vs eternal in round 2 and we can go from there. Since truelight and zotis have the loser's covered of course. Normally I'd ask CT5Holy but he's been very busy as of late, hopefully he can also be available at some point. I'll definitely let you know once I am in contact with him
You dare cross blades with me?

CT5Holy

Not busy, just couldn't set my desktop anywhere due to moving =P

Ideally I'll be available for things starting next week, but I'd actually be fine with Gaignun taking over for me, as he's around less often than I am, so we don't usually get to hear his excellent commentary.

I'll still manage the brackets and update the first post, of course. Brackets are updated as I watch the vids, first post is updated a bit more intermittently.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Fenire

silentkaster

Jump is so weird on the AI. Skiploom's lancers were jumping on empty tiles and units they knew were going to move because of Nameless Dance. But that Ninja having such low HP and that chemist constantly busy is what won the battle. Oil procs helped a lot, too. GG skiploom.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Leif1991

Is round 2 going to start next, or do we have to wait till the first round of the Loser's bracket is done?
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Malroth

well nothing in the loosers bracket will effect the outcome so Thats entirely up to Barren

Barren

Quote from: Leif1991 on August 10, 2014, 03:45:51 pm
Is round 2 going to start next, or do we have to wait till the first round of the Loser's bracket is done?

Im going to ask gaignun tonight if he can help me host the winner's bracket and if he does then hes doing matches 17 - 20 while I do 21 - 24
You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

Leif1991

Quote from: reinoe on August 10, 2014, 07:52:17 pm
Sorry folks, I'm predicting that I'm winning the tournament...

http://challonge.com/ArenaS3PREDICTION

Ahahahaha. That's funny reinoe. What are your predictions based upon? One match only? Arena is so multi-factorial, from stages to luck using certain moves that it's hard to be so certain.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

reinoe

Quote from: Leif1991 on August 10, 2014, 09:11:53 pm
Ahahahaha. That's funny reinoe. What are your predictions based upon? One match only? Arena is so multi-factorial, from stages to luck using certain moves that it's hard to be so certain.

Hehe...

I accurately predicted I'd come in third place last time.
http://challonge.com/S2PREDICTION
I can predict my placement and nobody else'! ;)
My dreams can come true!

silentkaster

Well, good job The Damned. You're moving on. However, a heroic thumbs up to Asakawa's priest...epic uses of reflect there. Used reflect to hit the Oracle 2X with Demi and then again in Round 2 to use a short charged Stop to mid-charge him?? That was pretty sweet.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

DARKANGELUXZ