• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Flashtics [*** 0.6 Available ***]

Started by dbp, December 30, 2010, 01:13:41 am

Twinees

No probs dbp, thank Eternal for linking it to me ;)
And im working on FF7 characters atm, so hopefully i will get them done in time for your game :)
  • Modding version: PSX

dbp

I see, Eternal is in involved  :)
Great team communication work.

That would be really cool to get your custom characters ready for the game.
Actually i don't know how long it will take to achieve all my desire for this project.

Anyway i will do it step by step, demo by demo, because if i look at the mass of work i still have to do....
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

dbp

January 13, 2011, 11:49:42 am #22 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:54:07 am by dbp
Just a WIP of what i am doing right now for implementing units on Map.
How to get the walkable area ?

Here we go :

The 3D battlefield is in fact a simple 2D Table.
When you create the map you define how many column and how many lines do you want.

Then you define the starting node :  4_3 in this example.
Next, you have to look for all the neighbors of this node and check is they are on a walkable tile or not.
Here are the neighbors of our node. respectively : 4_2, 4_4, 3_3, 5_3

Then you repeat the operation in a loop with the Move Range of the unit as the limit.
A Move Range of 3 will give this result.

Here is a variation with a wall

I hope that you enjoyed the technical informations.
Regards.

Phaze

This is looking very good. I can't wait untill this is finished. Keep up the good work and i'll be keeping my eye on this.

dbp

Thank you !
As i am working alone, the progression is very slow, also, i can't work on it full-time.
But it can't be helped i think...

I really wish that i can recreate at least a little bit the atmosphere of FFT.
More to come very soon !

dbp

January 15, 2011, 04:57:23 am #25 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:58:34 am by dbp
Some more WIP

Next Demo will be available tomorrow if i do my job correctly...

Kagebunji

This looks very promising. I am looking forward to this Dbp. Good job on this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

dbp

Here it is !
check it out it the first post as always.

Trust me or not but it was really painful...
Before inserting a character, i have started with a sphere. The important thing in this demo is the fact that the unit go from point A to point B while avoiding obstacles.

This demonstrate the A* pathfinding.
It does not find the shortest path all the time but at least it goes to the point B all the time i have tried.

SOME NEW KEYBOARD EVENTS :

C : change battlefield angle. (wide or close angle).
V and B : rotate battlefield.
SPACE BAR : If the focus is on character it get the moving range. press again to go to the destination.

Enjoy the very hard work on this.

Eternal

Yes, this must have been very hard work. Very impressive! I can only imagine how much harder it gets from here, though. :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dbp

Cloud is finally on the battlefield !

Now you can see a real concrete example :D
The next release will be only some internal coding changes.
I need to do some clean up of the code.

See you very soon !
Regards.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

dbp

I did a little update. I think that the Change Tab Glitch has been corrected. (But i am not sure).
If you guys can try on different browser to see if the bug is still there.

Also, the demo run in 640 x 480 for a better visibility.

Asmo X

FelixFlywheel

Cheetah

Great work dbp. How do you plan on implementing the height of the panels and walking through/around player/npc characters? I honestly didn't know that Flash could handle this kind of 3D. I was amazed when I did your first map preview and rotated the map and it looked good :). Feel free to ask any questions here about how the original FFT functions because we have a very good handle on it. Have you seen the program by gomtuu for viewing and making maps?
Current Projects:

MysticKnightFF5

I have a handle on how flash works, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the language...at all. Unless it's similar to java. If you want help I can go through and learn the flash syntax. >.>

That aside, height will definitely not be a problem, and I'm quite sure walking through other's won't be, but again, I'm not familiar with flash at all.

dbp

Hi guys !
Thank you for your comments !

Sorry, my English is not that great, what does mean npc characters ?
The height of the panels are a little bit tricky to handle, i have to add work on it, so i am not going to add them right now.

In fact i am working on the attack and implementing some dialogs.
Also, i have replaced the Sprite Editor by a simple .png file.

As soon as Cloud will be more complete, i will show you the file i am using, so fortunately, all people will be able to implement their own character very easily ! (At least if you know a little bit how to use photoshop or any other image editing program).

Implementing the background, pathfinding and stuff what a quite painful. So right now i want to have a little bit more fun.
But i also need to create a king of "AI" for the computer, and that not going to be that easy...

*Edit*
MysticKnightFF5 Thank for your help ! For the moment the programming part looks ok, but i need some 3D designers to help me make some FF7 background for the game.
Like Midgar or some cool spots to fight !
Also, do not expect to be able to play this version as you play FFT game. I cannot achieve that, it is clearly impossible goal.
This will be more something like a very very light version of FFT with a lot of extra chars and extra quest.
Even if the game is the game will be limited, i hope i can make something fun for the user experience.

Cheetah

NPC = Non-Playable Character.

Can flash piece together sprites? I feel like we understand the coding which builds the sprites and I would think it would be faster to implement that then create a completely new animation system.

PS: I made a comment in your "Help" thread questions about ripped sound effects and provided a useful link.
Current Projects:

MysticKnightFF5

I'm bad at artistic stuff sorry, but I do know a bunch of sprite generators, if you want them.