• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:52:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

!Help!

Started by evan212, July 20, 2010, 09:22:33 pm

evan212

Just started v1.3030 patched with patch's non-freeze patch .ppf and burned to ps1 playing through an FMCB (Don't worry I have owned this game 5 times buying it every time :D)

Just started the game and noticed something that may already have a patch or ppf file to fixing it somewhere i just need help being re-directed to it
... if it exists ...

I start out the game doing a measly 10-15 dmg max ... even on crit hits and noticed on the original that the dmg is significantly higher ranging from 20 to a high
30-60+ dmg ..... is the game glitched?... and then i noticed gafgarion's night sword only hits for a measly 15 ish ...

Also .. sometimes when i start i get yell with a CT of 7 first round and then it drops down to 2 ish ... but ...... sometimes i don't even start out with yell at all....

somethings fishy and any help on patch fixes and bug fixes with this will be awesome ... maybe they did this on purpose to make the game harder? maybe accident .... idk .. someone plz help if there is a way to fix this or just with info

Thanks   -Evan

philsov

read the rest of patch's topic...
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

evan212

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4182
Read the whole thing and im still stuck at ... is there a fix yet .... cause the problem has been identified (an ASM defend hack) and seems to be easy to fix for an ASM hacker ....

So why hasn't it been patched and the patch spread for a beta test run ...

I'm just sad to see it NOT on the PSX... i just feel better playing it with a controller (psx) than anything .. and im not talking a pc controller either..

get back to me on this and i'll try to work it out .. im a noob but you give me a guide and the means to fix this problem and I will in time ...

Thanks~

philsov

Well, the number of ASM hackers we have is like... 3.  Maybe.  There is a hexable solution, though.

1) Find a fresh, unpatched fft iso
2) Locate on the forums the Defend ASM hack, you need to see what it changes and where
3) Using CD mage, extract ?battle.bin? from both patched 13030 and unpatched iso, and manually revert the change from the ASM hack back to what is present on the unpatched version using a hex editor (like TinyHex or WinHex).  Save, and then re-insert back

ta-da.

I'll brew one up over the weekend, we could use an official upload instead of everyone doing this themselves.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

evan212

Thanks Philsov,
 I'ts great to see helpful people like you in a forum like this you've been extensively helpful and have answered some of my questions regarding these problems...

I hope i haven't been to big of an annoyance, and if i have i offer my apologies.

VampragonLord

15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~