• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:57:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Got Job Ideas? Spill em!

Started by SentinalBlade, November 21, 2008, 03:50:24 pm

Vanya

December 21, 2008, 12:32:04 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Maybe a new direction for the Bard/Dancer?

Bard -> Battle Mage: has all of the most powerful spells including unique ones.
Dancer -> Weapon Master: can use any weapon and has powerful weapon attacks including some sword only skills and some material blade only skills.

How about a modified Calculator with a more interesting variety of spells and call it Spellcrafter?

^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Llednar

February 01, 2009, 09:06:07 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Ability Idea

Fire/Blizzard/Thunder Ultima

The most powerful elemental attacks, with summon range.
it does each technique/spell shown in the game + A grand finale
Damage = Insane
MP cost = 200
Yeah super spells.
Sorry if this is a little late.

Sephirot24

February 11, 2009, 05:17:48 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
I always wanted to use some kind of necromancer, like the one from Diablo 2. If you think about it many abilities can be used, like poison knife, or poison nova; curses like debilitate, iron maiden and decrepitate; and more importantly using the corpses in the battlefield to his advantage.

Imagine some ability like:

Summon Minion: Revives dead enemy with 50% HP, Invite and Undead status. Pure awesome! ^^

Theres a lot of other abilities the Necromancer has, like corpse explosion, bone fragment, bone wall, etc etc...

SentinalBlade

February 11, 2009, 05:39:17 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Actually, i only wish we could summon minions.

In the previous beta before the restart, i had a necromancer. by far my favorite class.. chicken status, insta death, undead stat and status buffs...with the majority of enemies being undead, he was a real boon in alot of battles...

sadly, all my necromancer work was lost...

I was going ot implement a necromancer over the bard, but im having trouble getting abilities that dont coincide with the fear monger right now.

Sephirot24

February 11, 2009, 08:35:03 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Oooohh D: that's too bad..

I'll check that Fear monger later

enigma43

February 14, 2009, 04:10:49 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by enigma43
Building off the rapier idea, you could fuse the white and black mage jobs into just the red mage and make room for a new job--and red mages from FF1 could only equip rapiers, light armor, and capes, so you'd be set...the sprite for RM is already available in ffhacktics anyway...

Zalge

February 14, 2009, 04:37:08 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
How about head hunters?

Skill examples;
Decapitate - Basically death in meele form.
Pressure points - Chance of stop or slow

SentinalBlade

February 14, 2009, 11:24:08 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Thatd be nice Enigma, but black mages now encompas more than fire/ice/thunder... theyve got water/wind/earth as well, on top of having unique spells to that element, such as Deluge, and Earth Heal.

I like pressure Points, but the head hunters theme is currently taken...just spread out through different classes...most of the skills a head hunter would use are put into several skillsets, and i think that taking them out would hurt the usefulness of them

Zuka

March 22, 2009, 10:25:45 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
you know, I made dancers and bards a lot more interesting by making their abilities AoE 1 and increasing the hit rate, while eliminating the CT all together (no persistence in the abilties), I mean, it made things a lot more fun for me when i used them, but I would also recomend choosing some stats to improve considering that the bard and dancer have the worst stat growths and multipliers you can give a class, personally, I increased the bards MA and MA multiplier, plus an increased MP multiplier, and growth (I went with a 150 multiplier since the abilities all have MP costs) ( a TINY HP boost as well) and with the dancer I focused more on PA and PA multiplier, as well as the bards increased MP multiplier and growth. (with another TINY HP boost), I changed the hit rate of the abilities to be based on the relevant stats for the class, Bard abilities are MA based, and dancer abilities PA based, oh and I gave all dances and songs an MP cost, 15 MP for everything but Wiznaibus, Witch Hunt, Life Song, Angel Song, and The nameless and last moves, Witch hunt, Wiznaibus, Life Song, and Angel Song all have MP cost 20, both nameless moves have 25 MP cost, and both last moves have 30 MP cost.

Smitson

March 29, 2009, 01:39:42 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "Zuka"you know, I made dancers and bards a lot more interesting by making their abilities AoE 1 and increasing the hit rate, while eliminating the CT all together (no persistence in the abilties), I mean, it made things a lot more fun for me when i used them, but I would also recomend choosing some stats to improve considering that the bard and dancer have the worst stat growths and multipliers you can give a class, personally, I increased the bards MA and MA multiplier, plus an increased MP multiplier, and growth (I went with a 150 multiplier since the abilities all have MP costs) ( a TINY HP boost as well) and with the dancer I focused more on PA and PA multiplier, as well as the bards increased MP multiplier and growth. (with another TINY HP boost), I changed the hit rate of the abilities to be based on the relevant stats for the class, Bard abilities are MA based, and dancer abilities PA based, oh and I gave all dances and songs an MP cost, 15 MP for everything but Wiznaibus, Witch Hunt, Life Song, Angel Song, and The nameless and last moves, Witch hunt, Wiznaibus, Life Song, and Angel Song all have MP cost 20, both nameless moves have 25 MP cost, and both last moves have 30 MP cost.

The Bards moves without having to wait, would fucking dominate the whole game. Shorten the count maybe, but definitely not CT 0.

SentinalBlade

March 31, 2009, 11:13:55 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
bard/dancer are replaced with Necromancer(Males) and Scarlet Mage(Female)

Smitson

April 01, 2009, 01:25:30 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"bard/dancer are replaced with Necromancer(Males) and Scarlet Mage(Female)

Yay for Necromancer! What's this Scarlet Mage? I haven't seen anything on it.

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 02:32:02 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I cant remember, i thought i released a demo video on it's and superjupi's skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkxXfHR0Bk

sorry about getting the epsxe window in there, i pressed a hotkey on camtasia and just got to lazy to fix it.