Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Sartre [Posts: 3]
  • View Profile
  • [December 29, 2017, 12:15:59 AM]
Battlefield Weapon Sprite Replacement
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:59 AM »
Okay so I'm trying to craft a gif as a joke, but it needs to be authentic and I don't want to photoshop it.

Basically I want to replace the Draw Out sprite for Muramasa to be the Clothing sprite instead. Should I replace the katana sprite in WEP1/WEP2.spr or ITEM.BIN? I don't care if it replaces all the other katanas or not, this is just for a quick gag.

I also want to edit the spell quote for Muramasa's Draw Out, but I think I have that taken care of. I don't usually play the PSX version, so does anybody know if there are certain conditions that prevent quotes from being read, so I could avoid them? I just ran through a bunch of battles and not a peep. I can't believe I'm grinding for spell quotes. :P Thanks a ton.
Sartre [Posts: 3]
  • View Profile
  • [December 29, 2017, 01:28:42 AM]
Re: Battlefield Weapon Sprite Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:28:42 AM »
Okay, just found out that WEP1 contains the in-battle sprites. Imported a new .bmp into Shishi but it spat out a .SPR that was about half the size of the one in my ISO. Slapped it in and the game doesn't run (surprise). Wonder what I'm doing wrong.
Nyzer [Posts: 848]
  • View Profile
  • [December 29, 2017, 01:26:00 PM]
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
It seems to me as though you're just making this task as difficult as possible. If your end goal is a .gif, I don't know why you wouldn't just edit the frames.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Sartre [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [December 29, 2017, 01:46:53 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:46:53 PM »
    Seems that way, doesn't it?
    Pages: [1]