• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Odd Request, MP Retooling for FFTA

Started by MyrmicitePhilosopher, October 01, 2017, 11:27:42 pm

MyrmicitePhilosopher

I'm rather new to hacking, as I only found this site, and the concept, last week. I'm loving the idea of effectively modding these old games, and a quick search showed that either i'm bad at searching or no one has the same wants as me...

I have, what i assume to be an odd request. I personally really liked FFTA2's MP system of starting at 0, and having to wait for your MP to go up each turn, though execution was done poorly.

Sadly, I'm not sure how to approach the idea, but i would like to see the MP system work similarly in FFTA, maybe make the regen per turn be based off your Max MP (I always hated seeing Jobs get tons of extra MP growth in FFTA2, since i avoid using items, so no Grimor Stone for me meant Max MP was a useless stat.) My main reason for liking this system is two fold, one i felt it forced you to wait to use strong abilities like Ultima attacks, or even the assassin's Last Breath and the like, making those abilities usefulness go down a little, and two, it made the base spells (fire, cure, ect.) have more of a use, allowing you to cast them, but still see some MP regen, rather than just dropping them once you learn -ara or -aga.

Thanks to any who reply.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

I'm pretty sure the FFTA: All in one editor has that feature that can be included into the game.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

MyrmicitePhilosopher

Oh, well look at that... I wasn't sure how much that would require to learn. Thank you.