• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

New job with monster skills?

Started by C1REX, May 29, 2017, 12:56:20 pm

C1REX

Hi,

Was thinking about changing mime into a Monster Hunter job. It would use monster skills mostly.
Is it possible? I also want to make most of them learnable on hit only.

Cheers,
Kris
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Emmy

Very easy if you don't care about animations.  Just click "learn on hit" and unclick "learn with jp" for each relevant skill, and make a skillset of them.  Note that if you do care about animations, humanoids using monster skills and vice versa can look kinda funny.
  • Modding version: PSX

C1REX

Is there an easy way to make it look OK? Let say Choco Cure, Eusena, Choco ball to look like a spell?
It would be a mime sprite so it looks funny already.

Emmy

Most of the animations in MT use 01, 2c, 00 on the animations tab.  This is the spell charging animation.

Xifanie

You cannot give the mime learnable abilities. It's either auto-mastered or you use a different job.
Choto made a hack that makes mime learn abilities in battle, just for that battle. Something like that.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

C1REX

OK cool I may use other sprites then. Probably Mediator or Calculator. I may also give Monk an extra one.

Huge thanks for the animation tip :)

Quillbeatssword

Quote from: Emmy on May 29, 2017, 04:54:09 pm
Most of the animations in MT use 01, 2c, 00 on the animations tab.  This is the spell charging animation.
I usually just clone and paste monster abilities on the human abilities I'm not using in my patch and its always seemed to work. If you find an oddball you could use a different spell animation like using chakra for Choco cure etc
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.