• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:22:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sonic hacks

Started by Dome, March 23, 2012, 11:00:05 am

Dome

Ever played a Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles hack?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Glain

I once played a Sonic 2 hack that involved putting stages that hadn't been finished into the game, and there may have been some entirely new ones in there. It was pretty fun, but one of the 'new' stages they put in (Treetop, or something like that?) seemed impassable. There was a certain point where the level seemed to loop infinitely and I could never get past it. That was a few years ago, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

EmmaNigma

Those levels were unfinished and impassable, Glain. I was obsessed with Sonic hacks for awhile. My favorite was the one with the rooftops at night, but pretty much fuck Sonic and the Red Rings forever. I've played so many I can't remember, so here's someone playing some version of Sonic 1 I'm unfamiliar with:

I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kaijyuu

March 24, 2012, 02:35:41 am #4 Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:40:50 am by Kaijyuu
Is that a sonic game for the NES Game Gear?

And is that creepiest let's player ever?

I think yes.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

I prefer hacks that do not change the game too much, but give you some extra cool features...Like the boss rush

EmmaNigma

Quote from: Kaijyuu on March 24, 2012, 02:35:41 am
Is that a sonic game for the NES Game Gear?

And is that creepiest let's player ever?

I think yes.

No, the Game Gear games were really different from the main series. I believe this is the Master System port, actually, of Sanic.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

AeroGP

Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Dome

Sonic Retro is so AWESOME!

Kaijyuu

I never really liked Sonic's huge entourage of woodland creatures, but that's actually kinda cool.

Well except Shadow. He's never cool.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

EmmaNigma