• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:57 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Making AI Better - Indirectly

Started by Argg0, December 02, 2007, 02:47:02 pm

Kourama

December 20, 2007, 01:51:39 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Well I've messed around and made my own patch. So far biggest change that has made the game harder has been putting all story battle characters the same level as I am.

Add on to that, I've boosted all the weapons, and I've given every generic job innate abilities. Knights are huge pain since I let them equip spears, they have defense up and concentrate.

I've also added status changes to many of the monsters attacks as well as changed formulas. All the "soul" attacks have a chance of doing a status change.

Thunder Soul - Don't Act
Wind Soul - Confuse
Aqua Soul - Frog
Ice Soul - Sleep

I've also changed the formula for the ghost moves and all the "touch" moves are 100% accurate.

Archers have also been changed. Bows do more damage and have greater range, they have innate concentrate and I did away with Charge. Instead now they have Leg Aim, Arm Aim, Seal Evil and Yell.

Mustadio was changed so that he has the same abilities as before but now he has all the steal abilities as well with a speed boost (this idea is pretty much from Balthier in the PSP Version.)

Theres several other changes but the game is much harder at least for me it is. Random battles can still be on the easier side but I need to do a lot more tweaking to make everything better.

By the way I've run into glitched sprites in my story battles on my version yet when I check my spreadsheet there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Any idea what the problem might be?

VincentCraven

December 20, 2007, 04:48:09 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Did you move around characters? That alone made a huge problem for me in the intro battle (glitch-wise). Also, any character that makes a 'unique' motion during a story battle event (turn head to side, sweeping motion with hand, etc.) will be kinda glitchy if his class is changed.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

December 20, 2007, 06:30:57 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Unless that sprite has the exact same palette. :/
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kourama

December 21, 2007, 08:31:15 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I didn't change any character positions just some jobs and I made sure not to change jobs for any character that had an extra motion.

Although I did change the knight in the fight you get Agrias back in to a bard and when he whistled he changed back to knight to do it.

The problems I was having was in that battle I put Mustadio in and his sprite was glitched although his character still worked exactly the way it was supposed to.

Some battles also have some of the characters glitched even with no changes yet they still work. The wierdest thing has to be when some battles had a crystal instead of a character, although when that happened I still hadn't tried adjusting anything in story battles.

VincentCraven

December 24, 2007, 07:34:55 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Dang, that doesn't sound good. Sounds like I've got more problems yet to come. Nevertheless, I'm sure there is a logical solution to the problems. If you want, you could send me all the stuff you added to your patch and I will look at it sometime later. I really don't know offhand what could cause such problems.

karsten

December 27, 2007, 05:00:43 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
looks like in the patching you killed some random bytes...

Kourama

January 02, 2008, 12:56:41 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Well I've been busy with RL with the holidays. Also now that I have melonhead's new program I've kind of given up on the PSX version but I can still send you my patch if you want maybe it can help you answer some questions. Let me know.

Xifanie

January 02, 2008, 03:45:17 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
RL?
RuneLancer?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Kourama

January 02, 2008, 04:53:02 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
lol Real Life

Xifanie

January 02, 2008, 06:06:13 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
XD It's just that I always saw irl and not RL. Plus I know a guy from another forum that is a SNES romhacker & a coder that wants to become a barman and he uses the nick RuneLancer or simply RL.

Oh well, I'll know next time. :wink:

Kourama

January 02, 2008, 08:54:08 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I'm so used to putting RL for real life from playing FFXI.

VincentCraven

January 02, 2008, 09:09:56 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Nah, don't bother if you are done with it.

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 09:54:41 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Summary of general way of making enemies stronger

Monsters - Higher HP, Possibly other higher stats depending on the monster, Have most monsters have 2-3 skills normally

Humans Characters - Equal or Higher levels than your strongest character, Higher Job levels, Random Equipment/Abilities based on level of strongest character, more battles with enemies with the more "powerful" jobs, take "rare" status off of more items

As for bosses I think that has to be a more detailed/specialized discussion.

Does anyone know if Samurais can only use Masamune and Chirijiaden abilities if both of the weapons aren't "rare"?

Xifanie

January 07, 2008, 11:09:42 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Enemies have an infinite supply of every item... (just think of ninjas throwing Chaos Blades). They just don't have enough JP to learn those.

I think I did see a samurai use Masamune but I'm not sure...