• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:23:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hello...

Started by jimmyjw88, August 29, 2012, 04:43:30 am

jimmyjw88

^           ^
l Subject l
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Twinees

Kagebunji

Fuck no Twinees :V

And hello Jimmy!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ryqoshay

We use hello several times a day to greet people or attract attention. But as prevalent as the word is, "hello" is relatively new.

Hello came into existence in the mid-1800s. It is an alteration of hallo, which was an alteration of holla or hollo. These words were used to attract immediate attention and demand that the listener come to a stop or cease what he or she was doing.  Hallo was used to incite hunting dogs.

Hello gained widespread usage though the increased use of the telephone. Alexander Graham Bell had originally suggested the telephone greeting ahoy. But the greeting that stuck was hello, which may have been suggested by Thomas Edison. Hello-girls were the name for the the central telephone exchange operators.

Hullo is the interjection used in Great Britian. However, hello has become just as common.

A more modern use of the word calls into question the common sense or comprehension of the person being addressed. For example, "You're actually going to eat that rotten peach?! Hello!"

One might assume that hi is an abbreviation of hello. In fact, the first recorded use of hi as a greeting comes from an 1862 speech given by a Kansas Indian. It is also thought that hi is probably a variant of the Middle English hy.

The upbeat greeting howdy was first recorded as a contraction of "how do you do" in 1632. An earlier version comes from "how do ye."

Read more at hotword.dictionary.com
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

MiKeMiTchi

Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

How has everybody been? It's been long long time since I last visited and I'm surprised with the changes on the site; the members, the admins & moderators, the projects, the sprites, and man!, I've missed a lot. The new projects & sprites are what really caught my eyes. Everyone has been moving & improving a lot, especially you, Kage. Last time, your spriting skills was like "meh" but now I'm like "woah!", and I really do mean "WOAH!". You've improved drastically & I'm really amazed at the same time envied, as you've surpassed me, far surpassed especially on mugshots. Amazing! Great job Kage, keep it up & I'm definitely looking forward for more. Lijj has been improving a lot too. Well done you guys and to all the members here, especially those who are involved in the new projects, great job! Looking promising & can't wait to play them!

Cheers ~
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kaijyuu

Durbs

Hey Jimmy. You might not remember me too well, but I remember you. Welcome back man!

3lric

Don't believe we've ever met, but I'm familiar with most of your posts from before you left. Welcome back

Kagebunji

Wow, my self-esteem after Jimmy's last post is skyrocketing xD Haha, for reals though, thanks for the compliment Jimmy, I must thank Twinees for all this, since he is constantly saying what I am doing wrong and letting me Skype with him, so I am learning new stuff all the time from him, heh. Good to see you back, Jimmy. Hop into IRC sometimes, I will tell you something then :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

WB Jimmyjw!.. Hope to see some FFT related art from you soon again.

MiKeMiTchi

Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Ryqoshay

Hurry down the chimney tonight.

jimmyjw88

Thanks, everyone =)

Alright, Kage. I'll hop whenever I can.

Thanks, Lijj. Well, hopefully. Haha.