• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Barren

first round got me really nervous because of projectile guard not hitting that I was going to lose. But thankfully some timely turns on my AI's part I was able to disable most of TrueLight's units. It just took longer due to me missing talk skills early on. Round 3 had me even more nervous because of the double stop proc. Thank god my ninja stayed alive long enough to be a distraction. GG TrueLight. Another hard fought battle
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Speed/Status vs Air Absorb
Anyone can take this one. Scholars don't really have problems casting around high speed units. GL to both. Hoping the relic thief takes it.

R1. Even start with one unit going down on each team. Barren gets put in a nasty kiyomori stop spin cycle with Truelight's Mediator keeping the two units disabled. Pretty sure at this high level there's no coming back especially in 4v3 in Truelight's favor.

R2 - Great opening for Barren this time. The same thing happened this round except in Barren's favor.

R3 - I think Truelight lost as soon as his Time Mage went down while poisoned. Yup a 1v4.

GG. The AI didn't fool around this match. Each turn went exactly how it should have with no AI screw ups. RIP 2H Thief.

Looks like Barren and CT5Holy have another shot at going at it. Let me see this Rouroni match first.

Summon Mime vs Unfinished Balanced Physical team.
calling it for rouroni. Fattyzilla has a shot though. his team's unfinished, but it's still preddy strong. If fattyzilla manages to get past the summons and charm he's golden.

R1 - This map already looked like it already took one too many mega flares and tidal waves. Look at that water damaged floor. The first half of the round fattyzill'a units took the direct approach.It was probably the paladin's idea because after he crystallized the team started slowly pulling it together. Oh wait. Wow No MP on the Samurais? Sick comeback. Rouroni almost held it together, but his mime chose not to finish off the chemiston while he was in critical on a panel the monk couldn't get to. Guess the water damage was from mime tears.

R2 - Amazing round. Fattyzilla almost manages to come back again when that paladin gets back up after like 60 turns.

R3 - fattyzilla's luck runs out here. the summons all landed this time.not much you can do while your chemist is stopped and your other units are stuck in critical with no revival

GG. Very intense game. These incomplete teams woulda been terrifying if they weren't incomplete. RIP. Mime moves ON. Will Rouroni take out another legendary gladiator? the next bracket has everything from sibling rivalry to mime revenge drama. I can't take it.
I rlly rlly don't want to fight air absorb guys
Some day my people will be free.

TrueLight

Heh. Three straight tournaments where I have to face Barren at some point. Got really lucky in round one where my Archer hit right through Projectile Guard. Time Mage and Mediator did a good job keeping Barren's unit disabled enough for my Thief to slash them down. Scholar having best compat with both my attackers plus the small map really did me in on round two. Tornado too strong. Tried to make a comeback in round three, but Mediator missing her Blackmail resulted in two dead units for me. My team couldn't recover from that. 

Great game Barren, you have bested me once again. Good luck in your future matches.
  • Modding version: PSX

CupOfOrangeJuice

Yeah, I wish I would've did some testing and revising with my team but I kinda just threw out there hoping for the best. Also, the reason my chemist was unfinished was because I wrote in the secondary abilities part wrong (Dumb me). He was supposed to have archer abilities like armor break and execute. Well, ggs to Rouroni. Your team was too strong for me even with all the luck I had in the first round.

Reks

Round 1: Very fast sweep here. Sleep and Don't Act crippled Barren early, and those insta-Holies. Just add paranoia!

Round 2: Much smaller map with Barren's Tornado Scholar? Vigilante didn't have a chance here with all of them boxed in behind the counter.

Round 3: That initial sleep outright sealed it for Vigilanti. Congrats Barren, and you had a good game too, Vigilanti!

Hate to say it, but I wished CT5 had taken this. No offense to your team, Rouroni, I'm just tired of seeing Bahamut :P

Round 1: CT5 Samurai best tank of the year. Too bad he didn't have better Revive(al). He MIGHT have been more effective that way, seeing as R.E.'s team has no status recovery.

Round 2: Always love seeing reflected spells. No Bahamut = neutralizer for Rouroni, and once round of mimed summons isn't quite enough: you need those consecutive 6 artillery strikes.

Round 3: I prefer Zodiac if  I'm gonna summon spam. Guarantees you hit everyone with that massive AoE and infinite Vertical, even if it lacks the damage of Bahamut (faster animation too)

Alas, Congrats Rouroni and hate to see you go, CT5. Would loved to have had a match against you.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

with the video being mess than 7 minutes tells me that our match was a slaughter and it indeed was. Those talk skills really helped out. Those holy spells of yours were quite devastating but thankfully my own spells pulled through. GG vigilanti. That was a bloodbath

I think I'm screwed

Shintroy

6 Minute video? Probably a minute long if you don't count the intro. My money's on Barren.

R1 - Starts off slow. But double holy takes it

R2 - Leave it to tornado on a small map to even the score

R3 - It's over after the triple sleep.

GG. Didn't think this was 3 rounds long.

I think Barren spoiled Rouroni winning. I bet on mime either way

Elmdork

Woah double feature?! Didn't see that coming. Thanks Gaigun for picking up some matches, the quality is excellent and I particularly enjoyed the armored core tunes. Something really right about the load out music on the load out screen.

R1:

R2:

R3:

well shit. I'm on cloud nine. Have a pretty lousy w/l ratio against ct5holy, but hey, that happened. barren did kind of spoil the surprise though. GG, man. Really gave me a run for my money. Speaking of money, shintroy and I are making a killing on our bets. I'm coming for you, bro.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

Yes sorry about that. I watched my match then your match rouroni and I didn't realize that I was spoiling it until everyone else saw it. So my bad on that one

Mudvayne

Sorry for the delayed posting of my matches, guys.

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4  Losers Bracket Match #14 - Jumza vs Heroebal
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Losers Bracket Match #17 - RedWorld vs Silentkaster

So as to not spoil match #14, I will not post match #18 until tomorrow.
Reading the title of match #18 would give away who won match #14, obviously, so that's why I'm not posting it right away.

Heroebal

Really close match up came down to lucky procs going off. Jumza's Monk was making quick work of my undead units and the chemist/archer for that matter. I think that's the first time my archer finally had a hurricane proc go off this tournament.

Was a really uphill battle for Redworld, seemed like she needed to get procs off asap or it was GG with that speed adv.

Barren

Shintroy

Barren's team's preddy strong for an absorb team, but I never bet against mime unless it's against mime.

R1 - Probably the best opener in S4 so far. I don't see Barren coming back from this even though his scholar could 2 shot the entire team.

R2 - Would've been an even start if the Monk didn't get HP restore triggered. No coming back from Barren's status for Rouroni

R3 - Just like Round 3, Barren's team move in just to get blown up by Bahamut. No HP restore from the monk, and the double turning mediator doesn't land her mimic daravon? Looks like this is over.

GG. Another short and intense match. I didn't think Rouroni's team would counter Barren's due to having a huge advantage on large and medium sized maps. Not even counting the Salamander oil procs.

I wouldn't mind if my team lost to rouroni's since his mime team has a better chance at beating Andante's team than mine.

Elmdork

I was pretty nervous coming into this one, Barren had one of the strongest teams in the tournament. Luckily my team is strong against faster teams, I think malroth would have stuck around longer if his team was 8 speed. GG, man.

Still got to chew through reks, mudvayne and whatever gets spat out of the other end, and if it happens to be DW or silentkaster, I'm toast. You're still in the winner's bracket, shintroy, so I don't wanna see you throw your hands up unless you're casting something. I got good money riding on you.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Shintroy

Summon Mime vs Balanced Caster
I'd bet on Reks if it weren't for him going on Rouroni and Mime. Looks like an even match up. It all comes down whether or not Reks's team can dish out enough damage to compete with Rouroni

R1 - It didn't look good for Rouroni at the start since his team almost got soloed by Chiri and Geomancy. As soon as Reks's team caught up it was over. Not entirely bad since the Squire did miss all of his attacks.

R2 - ...Suddenly Bizen Boat. Calling it curtains for Rouroni this round.

R3 - Great music during the 3+ unit, 6 summon magic barrage. Rouroni's Geomancers are still up so he still has a shot.... Never mind

GG. If Rouroni keeps winning so convincingly Mime's going to get nerfs, not buffs. Not even mad. Bring on the nerfs because Mime's taking this tournament.

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on July 13, 2015, 04:34:33 pm
Summon Mime vs Balanced Caster
I'd bet on Reks if it weren't for him going on Rouroni and Mime. Looks like an even match up. It all comes down whether or not Reks's team can dish out enough damage to compete with Rouroni

R1 - It didn't look good for Rouroni at the start since his team almost got soloed by Chiri and Geomancy. As soon as Reks's team caught up it was over. Not entirely bad since the Squire did miss all of his attacks.

R2 - ...Suddenly Bizen Boat. Calling it curtains for Rouroni this round.

R3 - Great music during the 3+ unit, 6 summon magic barrage. Rouroni's Geomancers are still up so he still has a shot.... Never mind

GG. If Rouroni keeps winning so convincingly Mime's going to get nerfs, not buffs. Not even mad. Bring on the nerfs because Mime's taking this tournament.

I knew I was going to lose, but at the same time you can't call it 'convincingly' because I took a round from him when almost all of his previous matches were 2/0s.

Nevertheless, I was probably the only team that COULD have stopped you at this point, Rouroni. GG, and while I hate the Bahamut spam (purely because it takes forever) I'm betting on YOU now.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128