• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:19:37 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

3rd FFT AI Tourney!

Started by Argg0, August 14, 2008, 11:30:57 am

Smitson

February 22, 2009, 06:54:42 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "Cheetah"This would be sweet to get going again. We need someone willing to set the teams up though and record. I think commenting would be sweet too. Plus this would be a great way to test new jobs people are coming up with and doing balance testing (well it is an idea at least).

Agreed, it'd be fun.

philsov

February 22, 2009, 11:56:30 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
I'll probably set this up under 1.3 mechanics shortly.  

But I need to prep a few tables like new JPs and level xx stats for each class first =\
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

February 23, 2009, 01:12:47 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is a pretty brilliant idea Philsov. Then so then the baseline rules would be changed slightly as well too then?
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

February 23, 2009, 01:31:59 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Geez, no one read the New Projects thread since dominic became mod? D:

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&start=0

Only difference is wahts better. no obscure AI to prioritize an ability. People will be controlling it all instead of the AI, to make sure you use the ability best in the situation, instead of everything being instant run away potion or run up chiri...

philsov

February 23, 2009, 10:29:08 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Cheetah"That is a pretty brilliant idea Philsov. Then so then the baseline rules would be changed slightly as well too then?

Yes.  For one, a larger JP allowance will be a bit larger because each class takes a little more to unlock, but everything is also cheaper -- it'll be a fun line to create.  2450 JP, for example, expliticly made it so the only math skill you can have was CT5 (but no holy), and you could unlock dancer but was still 50 JP away from nameless dance.  

But the basics will be the same.  Maybe I'll even allow some monsters, dunno.

QuoteOnly difference is wahts better. no obscure AI to prioritize an ability. People will be controlling it all instead of the AI, to make sure you use the ability best in the situation, instead of everything being instant run away potion or run up chiri...

But then it becomes more a matter of the player than the comp.  A good player with a medium comp can curbstomp a bad player with a better comp.  With the AI, the playing field is leveled.  Plus, this also won't be at level 99 and the JP/item pool will be limited.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

February 23, 2009, 11:38:25 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Sounds great Philsov, I will look forward to whatever you come up with. I made a team under the old rules but never saw it in action, so hopefully I can make another and prove to everyone what a FFT noob I am.

Sorry SentinalBlade. I have read that topic several times, but it is such a jumble of ideas it wasn't making any sense in my brief glances at it. The title doesn't make any sense either.
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

February 23, 2009, 03:38:09 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I suppse youve got a point cheetah.

There really isnt any rules, since its the first 1.3 tourny on the psp, it doesnt really deserve to be restricted.

After this one we will probably do one with rules and limitations, but not yet.

Plus me and Tithin are pretty equal in skill, so it all comes down to how well the setups will do against each other. we just arent limited by using things like masamune as a priority.