• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

"Puppeteer" a reverse Mime Class?

Started by LastingDawn, February 27, 2008, 01:42:54 pm

LastingDawn

February 27, 2008, 01:42:54 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It's been admittedly a long time, since I played as a Mime, but If I recall how they work, they copy the actions of the person that went before them, to an exaction. Now would it be possible to force this "status" on an enemy? In turn, that would be the opening thoughts for this idea, that is if my memory is even up to date with the reality of it.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Austin

February 27, 2008, 03:44:06 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
If you want the enemy to do the same thing by copying the person before them couldn't you just turn them into mimes?
  • Modding version: PSX

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

February 27, 2008, 05:36:57 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
This is a truly interesting idea.  The puppeteer could have an ability that force a mimic status on another character, enemy or ally.  The drawback could be that you would contantly be in a charging status, kind of like bard or dancer.  I LIKES!!!

VincentCraven

February 27, 2008, 07:00:52 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Well, if we do plan on making a 'puppeter' class, it should also have the ability to control a unit too, like make an enemy an ally until the puppeter is removed of its 'charge' status.

Or we could just get some Manipulate materia...
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

LastingDawn

February 27, 2008, 07:09:30 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, precisely my thoughts, but I was wondering if the game even has those kinds of abilities, to use. Of course a Charm spell, for a large amount of mp is a possibility. But is there any ability in the game that lets you control an enemies actions and movement? If so, that was to be the higher end of the Puppeteer's ability usage.

Art of War

VincentCraven

February 27, 2008, 08:17:04 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Nah, but if we just have a modified 'Invite' status (dunno how one goes about making statii), changing 'Enemy' to 'Ally' until the puppeter is disrupted, that should do it. Then again, the way the game is wired may not allow enemies to become allies during battle.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

LastingDawn

March 18, 2008, 08:37:38 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... the only way I can see this working is to have it only an NPC class... but... I recall reading something somewhere about being able to control an enemies actions... but if that is not possible to actually make into a skill... (I believe it was a Debuggers tool) Then a Charm, Berserk, Don't Move... hmm... is there any way to make a Dead Unit come back under your control? Or anything as such? The plan is "Zombie Puppetry" that the unit is brought under your control, but with a Zombie status placed above it's head...

Also... it makes me think that perhaps at one time they planned for something like this, (One would think a Puppeteer class would use something like dolls to attack with)

Art of War

burning_ice

August 29, 2008, 04:01:09 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by burning_ice
:twisted: