• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:32 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Mercenaries: On Hold No Longer!

Started by LastingDawn, February 16, 2010, 02:54:11 am

Dome

Maybe the project was just too big...
Maybe, It could have been something small (Maybe like...10 fights?) that would fill the gap between Ramza "Running for his life" (Ch1 end) and the start of chapter 2 of the real game
No class-skill modifications
Anyway...it's possible to download the patch that contains everything that has been done in mercenaries?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Dome"Maybe the project was just too big...
Maybe, It could have been something small (Maybe like...10 fights?) that would fill the gap between Ramza "Running for his life" (Ch1 end) and the start of chapter 2 of the real game
No class-skill modifications
Anyway...it's possible to download the patch that contains everything that has been done in mercenaries?

Chapter at a time, the first chapter was only 10 fights (or however many are in normal Chapter 1?) and the Training Demo is only six fights. Yes, in the first post at the very bottom there are links to all the works that had been done on Mercenaries. That is where people can get the sprites and the like as well.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

Good, I wanted those sprites. Is Extend ISO required too?

Edit: Man, I need to learn to read. Okay, extend ISO is needed. Wich one is the trainig demo and wich one is the CH1 though?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

I believe they're both the Training Demo, since that was the current project when things hit a standstill. It's not really possible to play unless you mport a fresh attack.out and test.evt, or have a file past the first battle. That should still be what was released in that demo oh so long ago.

Art of War

lordwaffles

I'm new to this site and I just read through the Mercenaries main info thread. I was growing more excited for this patch the more I read through it even though as I read near the end posts started spacing out. Now that I've read the entire thread and found my way to this one I have to say I hope its finished someday because it really sounds amazing.

ss187

Quote from: "lordwaffles"I'm new to this site and I just read through the Mercenaries main info thread. I was growing more excited for this patch the more I read through it even though as I read near the end posts started spacing out. Now that I've read the entire thread and found my way to this one I have to say I hope its finished someday because it really sounds amazing.

haha we are in the exact same boat, i was so looking forward to it. it's totally understandable though....

bryce_norton

QuoteAnd priorities generally prioritize food to eat, a roof over one's head, a vehicle, and then whatever bills are required for those, and the well-being of family. If those are somehow threatened, there's not much you can do about other things being neglected.

I think what you truly have a problem with is LD's defeatist attitude. I do too, but what he needs right now is encouragement, not berating, and as I said, if his job, education, or family is somehow in crisis, all he can do is deal with said crisis. We'll just have to wait it out or eventually continue on without him.

I completely agree!

I would never knew about this forum if wasn't because of the video on youtube about mercenaries... Dude! That work can not be wasted! You're going to be very famous if you finish the work.

And i'm with you, if you need something, here I am!

LastingDawn

Quote from: "bryce_norton"
QuoteAnd priorities generally prioritize food to eat, a roof over one's head, a vehicle, and then whatever bills are required for those, and the well-being of family. If those are somehow threatened, there's not much you can do about other things being neglected.

I think what you truly have a problem with is LD's defeatist attitude. I do too, but what he needs right now is encouragement, not berating, and as I said, if his job, education, or family is somehow in crisis, all he can do is deal with said crisis. We'll just have to wait it out or eventually continue on without him.

I completely agree!

I would never knew about this forum if wasn't because of the video on youtube about mercenaries... Dude! That work can not be wasted! You're going to be very famous if you finish the work.

And i'm with you, if you need something, here I am!

Well thank you Bryce Norton, but things have calmed down a fair amount and I think I can start working on this again, having grown accustomed to the ways of college life. I think I've found a good balance at this point. So if you have any ideas (especially for the Rad/Ramza Unique Skillset ideas) feel free to put your input where you wish.

Art of War

mav

That's good news, LD. It really brightened my day to see this subforum and this project being revitalized. Skillsets have always been a challenge for me to come up with, but I'll try to contribute as best I can.

Kagebunji

ah, finally Mercenaries are back on track. Need any help? With sprites ofcourse(Hint: I would love to do some armored character/job)

LastingDawn

Haha! Anything you wish Kage. Just run the initial designs to me first,  before you get too heavily into a concept.

Art of War

Kagebunji

Most of the designs were already finished, so I dunno what I could. If you have some secret characters who does not have a sprite yet, PM me. I really have no idea what to work on :/

LastingDawn

Did we ever settle for a Knight design? If memory serves right, I don't recall as such?

Art of War

Kagebunji

I actually began doing Warder, since he does not have a design so far, I will have it done in 30 minutes if all goes well.

And this could be used for Knight one,

LastingDawn

How could I forget! Hah, oh my mind is so forgetful... I like that, that works very well.

Art of War

Kagebunji

It needs other palettes though, since Merc. has other palettes than original FFT, IIRC. Mav, could you volunteer? :P

ffta707

Hell yeah! Mercs is back! Thanks LD, I was waiting for this, I'm going to be more active in helping as much as I can too.

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Mav, could you volunteer? :P
Hah, sure thing, boss. Right now we have blue, teal, black, green, and red. We need three more. How bout brown, purple, and...I dunno. I believe I can change the cape colors too. This is a good sprite and I think it fits the class very well, so let's get this done quick.

Kagebunji

Heh, thanks for help! I am not familiar with what palettes LD wants in Merc. exactly, so this is all up to your imagination, Mav :)

GeneralStrife

Grats on getting mercs back on the main index page LD