• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:23:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New/Custom Classes download

Started by Eiyer, February 02, 2014, 08:01:33 pm

Eiyer

Is there any way to create classes to put into a game you are already playing? Or...I guess what I should say is...are there any just...files that add classes to your game without altering anything else?

RavenOfRazgriz

Nope.

Modding FFT doesn't uh, work that way, really.  There are things like disc space limitations that mean you can't just add random thing X the way you would onto a more modern game.

Eiyer

Man, I really wish I had some way of doing some editing myself...but everything is so complicated. I have no idea how to use Tethical, as every thing I've downloaded for it requires a username/pw...I even got a copy from the admin on this website...still the same problem. No way to get into it. How is it that these people have been able to mod the game and stuff?

Jumza

If you're looking at Tethical for modding FFT you aren't exactly in the right place. Not to say that Tethical isn't important and awesome, but I'm pretty sure it's not what you're looking for.

Try going to the downloads section of the site and grabbing the FFTPatcher Suite. That's the best place to start modding stuff, as long as you have a copy of the game on your computer.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eiyer

Seems odd to say, but I honestly own a copy of the game. And a copy on my computer, lol. Been playing a LOT of Tactics here lately...just wish I could play with the game a little, but I'm completely brain dead at this stuff, lol.

I'm starting to want to Sprite a little to add some of my own flavor, and I'd like to know how people do all the events and stuff, but I know that's coding...and I won't be able to do all that I don't think.

Jumza

Quote from: Eiyer on February 02, 2014, 09:59:23 pm
and I'd like to know how people do all the events and stuff, but I know that's coding...and I won't be able to do all that I don't think.

Events are a lot easier than most people think! You should try it sometime. But I agree, you should wait until you try some other things first. There's lot's to explore in the land of FFT hacking!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eiyer

Well let's try something easy as far as events go. Say I want Ramza to carry on a conversation with Wiegraff, how would I go about choosing which map to use, and how their starting points would be? And then diving into the conversation? I'm sure there are good tutorials on here.

Jumza

The Map and things like music are chosen using the Attack.out editor, starting points are edited via the ENTD which can be edited using the FFTPatcher, and the convo would be the event itself. There are many good tutorials on here, but until you've tried using the Attack.out editor and FFTPatcher (grab the FFTP, it's one of the best tools on here) then you shouldn't jump right into event editing.

Eiyer

Cool, I've been looking at the FFTP Suite. Already got a lot of sprite ideas after looking at everyone!  :wark: I just want to try something easy that effects something to do with the game >.<. For some reason when I try opening it though, it tells me File Not Found. Know what the problem is?

Jumza

Eiyer

Here it is, I've placed it in a few different folders and still a no go.

Eiyer

February 02, 2014, 11:41:34 pm #11 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:51:37 pm by Eiyer
I see...I have to extract Attack.Out from my game with DC Mage.

Now that I got that. I'm going to look up a tutorial for an Opening cutscene at the Golgorland Execution Site. I saw it on the dropdown boxes, just have to find some way of getting that going.