• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:44:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What is the Oversoul animation and how can I use it for my nefarious purposes?

Started by Lestroisrois, January 27, 2014, 07:09:31 pm

Lestroisrois

So, to begin, "Hi! I'm new!" Now that that is out of the way, I could use some help. I'm a big fan of the Ivalice Alliance games ion general, but the one I hold closest to my heart is Tactics A2.  In-game, there is a boss called Oversoul who appears in one of the storyline missions (I believe it's Sleepless Nights). What I want to know is this: is there a way to take the animation from when it spawns (1:30-1:39) and when it leaves (7:30-7:41) and, whether with the hacking tools or through pain and arduation hex code programming the old fashioned way, program an attack(s) to use one and/or both animations?

Thanks in advance.

Choto

My guess is unfortunately no. You have to check the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Hacking section and see if any of their tools allow you to do such a thing. Anything can theoretically be done through painstaking asm programming/hex editing, but you would need to figure it out and that's the hard part. If you could change the animation of an ability to the one you want, if it's an event-related effect it may not be set up to display damage or cause a visual response from the target. That's how the psx event animations are set up. I could always be wrong though who knows.