• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:36:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

question about final fantasy patcher

Started by azavier, January 11, 2014, 09:49:41 am

azavier

January 11, 2014, 09:49:41 am Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:56:07 am by Jumza
how do u control how many abilities the unit has learned when joining ? i added a guest unit and they mastered everything . that takes the fun out of it . thanks alot guys.

EDIT: also, how do you control how much damage they do . my lv 8 sorceror shouldnt be doing 147 damage with holy  :shock:

Jumza

I edited your two posts together because you shouldn't double post, especially in one day. It's generally frowned upon.

I believe that units with certain jobs and/or skillsets will have everything mastered, like Wiegraf's jobs let him have everything mastered. But if that isn't the case then you can increase the JP costs of the abilities and lower the rate of having them learned in the Abilities tab of the FFTP.

Your level 8 sorcerer probably has a lot of MA, increase MA growth of that unit, or lower his MA multiplier in the Jobs tab of the FFTP. You may have also given him really good equipment, I don't know since you didn't mention it but... you have a lvl 8 sorcerer so I have no idea what else you may have done. You can also reduce the power of the Holy spell itself in the Abilities Tab of the FFTP.

Hope that helps.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

azavier

January 11, 2014, 10:51:14 am #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:59:03 am by azavier
thanks ! that solved the issue. may i ask ur help for one more thing if it is'nt to much trouble ? fftacttext has been driving me crazy lol.  im editing a 1.3 hack & all i want to do is change one class name. in this hack valmafra's class " witch of the coven" has been changed to ok ( for space balancing ) and all i want to do is change it to simply "Witch" any help ? i keep getting multiple errors.  btw im playing on WOTL .  :oops: & i've been using version .457 since everyone says its the best one ,

Jumza

January 11, 2014, 11:11:55 am #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:42:17 pm by Jumza
Quote from: azavier on January 11, 2014, 10:51:14 am
btw im playing on WOTL .

That alone makes me have 0 idea how to help you, sorry :(

I hope someone who knows can come around to help you out.

EDIT: Please stop making more topics in this section, and others asking the same question even if it hasn't received an answer. I'm going to remove the extra one in this section, if someone knows the answer then hope that they see this topic because spamming will not help you.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.